Also forgot to add: we ate at several TS restaurants and they ALL told us we could take off our mask as soon as we sat down. They all said "now is the time you can take off your mask, we just ask that you please wear your mask while moving around the restaurant". I still kept it on until the drinks came, but it doesn't seem like they care if you take it off right when you sit down or not.

I called and noticed too. Was concerned at first it might say that hopping wasn't permitted but was thankful when it said it was. The message they're using now makes a lot more sense so hopefully they only changed it for that reason.

In the past it always said it would be updated at 2 PM, even if you called at 5:30. Hoping this change is to just make it clearer.
I noticed a difference in wording even from this weekend and my last trip Presidents day weekend. Presidents day weekend it would say something like "at this time all parks are available for park hopping starting at 2pm", but this weekend it was a little different, worded just a bit different for me to notice. It was also a different guy on the message this weekend, but it was not very clear and I was constantly worried that maybe they weren't updating it since all the parks were full this weekend for reservations.

We’re going to DHS tomorrow too. May the force be with you when you try for a bg!

What are your must do attractions?
Must do are ROTR (hopefully), Mickey ride, TOT, slinky, Smugglers run, TSMM. We have another day at HS just in case and to wrap things up too

Following up from my last post, #8185.

3/14 - EP and DHS

Sunday, 3/14- We started our morning by walking over to MK from BLT at about 30 min. after its 8am opening. After two successful days at MK, we were focused on the fun "kiddie rides" that we hadn't done yet - Winner the Pooh, Dumbo and Barnstormer, in that order. All were walk on.

We moved over to the YC on Sunday morning. Room was ready at about 12pm. Lobby was busy but not crazy (...yet). We headed to EP and arrived at about 1:55. They held is until the 2pm Park Hop time. We hit a few food booths and slowly made our way to Living With The Land which was posted at 5 min (other rides had MUCH longer waits). The park was busy but I wouldn't say it was any different from a regular weekend. Walkways were crowded but lines for food booths were "normal" and moved quickly, although we only visited the UK, CA, and the areas around Future World, Port of Entry and the Imagination (?) Pavilion. Around 4pm, we noticed that a lot of people were starting to get rowdy which meant it was time for us to head out, so we walked back to YC.

Around 6:00 we started walking over to DHS for a 6:55 reservation at Oga's. MMRR was posted at 30 mins but we were on the ride in 15 (as predicted by Touring Plans). We checked in for Oga's at 6:40 and we're let in at exactly 6:55. The place was full, but well spaced. We were seated at the end of the bar and were asked to keep our masks on until we ordered. Service was prompt and we made our way to MFSR at 7:30, which was posted at 35, and was accurate.

We headed back to the YC via the walking path at park close. Skyliner line was LONG and stretched onto the path. When we passed the end of the line, it was posted at 30 mins. and was quickly growing.

We made it back to our resort and that's when it all started to fall apart for us. Stormalong Bay was crowded and loud. The lobby was PACKED as we waited for our 9:20 reservation at Ale & Compass. Kids were running laps and playing tag around the lobby and up the stairs and were not wearing masks. Families were yelling and cursing at each other and some people were getting aggressive. Mask compliance was WAY down - most people had noses out and some flat out had their masks off. There was zero social distancing. There were several CMs in the lobby but they didn't say anything to correct any of the situations. We ended up eating the "no show" cost and went back to our room to order room service.

General Thoughts:

- If you have park hoppers and are close to a park, getting one or two headliners out of the way by riding them in the evening is BIG!!! It has really allowed us to prioritize our pre-rope drop touring without missing any of our favorites.

- Guests are much nicer and follow the safety protocols early in the mornings. By mid day, the attitudes and demeanor of guests quickly deteriorates. I've noticed it more so this trip than any other trip I've taken in the past 5 years. I think that it has a lot to do with the FL Spring Break Crowd (sorry, I'm not trying to offend).

- We are still struggling with finding food. Mobile order and ADRs are great if you know when and where you want to eat in advance. It's hard to find any QS available "moment of", even at off peak times. ADRs are non-existent. Snack carts are few and far between. I even feel like the shops are offering fewer prepackaged snacks as well.

- Touring Plans still proves to be spot on!

Today, 3/15, we had a great day at DHS. I'll report back on that soon. Now... on to find food.

Following up from my last post, #8185.

3/14 - EP and DHS

Sunday, 3/14- We started our morning by walking over to MK from BLT at about 30 min. after its 8am opening. After two successful days at MK, we were focused on the fun "kiddie rides" that we hadn't done yet - Winner the Pooh, Dumbo and Barnstormer, in that order. All were walk on.

We moved over to the YC on Sunday morning. Room was ready at about 12pm. Lobby was busy but not crazy (...yet). We headed to EP and arrived at about 1:55. They held is until the 2pm Park Hop time. We hit a few food booths and slowly made our way to Living With The Land which was posted at 5 min (other rides had MUCH longer waits). The park was busy but I wouldn't say it was any different from a regular weekend. Walkways were crowded but lines for food booths were "normal" and moved quickly, although we only visited the UK, CA, and the areas around Future World, Port of Entry and the Imagination (?) Pavilion. Around 4pm, we noticed that a lot of people were starting to get rowdy which meant it was time for us to head out, so we walked back to YC.

Around 6:00 we started walking over to DHS for a 6:55 reservation at Oga's. MMRR was posted at 30 mins but we were on the ride in 15 (as predicted by Touring Plans). We checked in for Oga's at 6:40 and we're let in at exactly 6:55. The place was full, but well spaced. We were seated at the end of the bar and were asked to keep our masks on until we ordered. Service was prompt and we made our way to MFSR at 7:30, which was posted at 35, and was accurate.

We headed back to the YC via the walking path at park close. Skyliner line was LONG and stretched onto the path. When we passed the end of the line, it was posted at 30 mins. and was quickly growing.

We made it back to our resort and that's when it all started to fall apart for us. Stormalong Bay was crowded and loud. The lobby was PACKED as we waited for our 9:20 reservation at Ale & Compass. Kids were running laps and playing tag around the lobby and up the stairs and were not wearing masks. Families were yelling and cursing at each other and some people were getting aggressive. Mask compliance was WAY down - most people had noses out and some flat out had their masks off. There was zero social distancing. There were several CMs in the lobby but they didn't say anything to correct any of the situations. We ended up eating the "no show" cost and went back to our room to order room service.

General Thoughts:

- If you have park hoppers and are close to a park, getting one or two headliners out of the way by riding them in the evening is BIG!!! It has really allowed us to prioritize our pre-rope drop touring without missing any of our favorites.

- Guests are much nicer and follow the safety protocols early in the mornings. By mid day, the attitudes and demeanor of guests quickly deteriorates. I've noticed it more so this trip than any other trip I've taken in the past 5 years. I think that it has a lot to do with the FL Spring Break Crowd (sorry, I'm not trying to offend).

- We are still struggling with finding food. Mobile order and ADRs are great if you know when and where you want to eat in advance. It's hard to find any QS available "moment of", even at off peak times. ADRs are non-existent. Snack carts are few and far between. I even feel like the shops are offering fewer prepackaged snacks as well.

- Touring Plans still proves to be spot on!

Today, 3/15, we had a great day at DHS. I'll report back on that soon. Now... on to find food.
I checked out of YC on Sunday and I noticed on Saturday mask compliance went WAY down. It was the worst I’ve seen in all my trips, and I was glad I was checking out when I did. I got a survey this morning about my stay and I let them know about it, and the CMs lack of response to noncompliance.

Must do are ROTR (hopefully), Mickey ride, TOT, slinky, Smugglers run, TSMM. We have another day at HS just in case and to wrap things up too

Hopefully you’ll get rise!

The last few times we rode TSMM, they had both tracks open. The line was all the way out to where the incredibles use to be, but it moved quickly and we were done in 30 minutes. Which surprised us.

We haven’t rope dropped since summer and that was a whole different ball game, than with the amount of people now.

Be sure to hydrate. It will be hotter tomorrow than today.

Would you like this merged to the here now, just back thread? Might get more of a response there.

Hopefully you’ll get rise!

The last few times we rode TSMM, they had both tracks open. The line was all the way out to where the incredibles use to be, but it moved quickly and we were done in 30 minutes. Which surprised us.

We haven’t rope dropped since summer and that was a whole different ball game, than with the amount of people now.

Be sure to hydrate. It will be hotter tomorrow than today.

Would you like this merged to the here now, just back thread? Might get more of a response there.
Sure that would be great!

We are here. Planning to "rope drop" HS tomorrow after trying for a boarding group. We will walk in. Please give me a first ride strategy...longest waits look like smugglers run then tower and slinky. Which ones run before "real" opening? Please give me a strategy. We had one Saturday for MK and for AK Sunday and it was perfect. Thank you!

Your thread is merged with the Here Now, Just Back. I’m sure someone here can help you!

We are here. Planning to "rope drop" HS tomorrow after trying for a boarding group. We will walk in. Please give me a first ride strategy...longest waits look like smugglers run then tower and slinky. Which ones run before "real" opening? Please give me a strategy. We had one Saturday for MK and for AK Sunday and it was perfect. Thank you!
I'd say go to your top ride first. The ones that will make you happiest you got on. Lots of long lines right now, so the more rides you really want to do,the better.

For me personally, when we were there in January, I hit MMRR, SDD, TSM, and AS2 then RotR all in order and it was the perfect morning, hitting all my rides by 11am. So out of 9 rides, we had 5 done by 11. The other 4 will probably each have 30-60 minute lines, so with some patience, you'll still hit em all.

Also forgot to add: we ate at several TS restaurants and they ALL told us we could take off our mask as soon as we sat down. They all said "now is the time you can take off your mask, we just ask that you please wear your mask while moving around the restaurant". I still kept it on until the drinks came, but it doesn't seem like they care if you take it off right when you sit down or not.
I'm really glad you shared this. I've been trying to find out on these boards what they meant by the confusingly reworded policy without success, so good to know that's what CMs are telling people now.

So much of your post just made feel so bad for you--that sounds like a difficult experience to say the least! But this one really made me mad. If you are still there, you should speak to the front desk or if not call the phone number for billing and explain the situation. The should absolutely not be charging be people a "no show" charge if people feel they have to leave and order room service (which in fact is all just being serviced by the same restaurant anyway, so they are still getting your money) because they are not enforcing compliance with the posted safety rules.

I checked out of YC on Sunday and I noticed on Saturday mask compliance went WAY down. It was the worst I’ve seen in all my trips, and I was glad I was checking out when I did. I got a survey this morning about my stay and I let them know about it, and the CMs lack of response to noncompliance.
It's still early, but today (Monday) seems to be much better here at YC. It seems more calm and quiet and is less crowded.

Can anyone tell me if Conservation Station is still running the veterinarian checkups? It is one of our very favorite things to do at the park. I have to decide between doing that or trying to get on FoP, since there aren't any fastpasses.

They were in February. My sister saw them doing a workup on a meerkat.

Maybe it’s best for those who are so worried about folks not following masks rules just stay home. Who wants to take such a chance? When something is so scary that you need to go eat in your room, it’s not worth paying for a hotel, right? Not for me anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Copper Creek - About 1 hour prior to our landing I was reviewing my text messages and realized that the text I received had my arrival time for 12:00am. I know when I completed the check in process I had the correct time AND I had a reservation for ME.
This has happened to us several times since WDW reopened. Not sure if it's intentional or a bug in the system.

I"m here now and it has been okay. I think this will be our last trip until things go back to "normal" Nothing I can really complain about because it is just the way it is with the social distancing and no fp stuff. I agree with the other poster about not having easy access to food. I have a car so we go offsite to pick up food, or ordered from Doordash a few times too. Today I picked up breakfast from Wawa. This may be the first time I come back with money.

Can folks be more specific about the lack of access to food. I understand that it's hard to get ADR unless you booked well in advance or get lucky; but, is it that hard to get QS with the mobile ordering? If you just want a water or a soda, are there still carts for that? Clearly you need to plan a bit in advance, but are people walking around the parks hungry? That seems like bad business.

March 14 MK - With an 8 am open, we just didn’t have it in us to arrive at the bus stop 90 min before park opening. We didn’t love 7DMT when we did it for the first time two years ago, so without that ride as a priority I thought we could arrive closer to actual opening. Left WL room at 7:20, on a bus by 7:28, and on Main St by 7:40. Can’t be sure, but given there were no lines to get in, it was likely that they opened the gates around 7:15.

Straight to BTMR and loading by 7:53. Got the last row—awesome! Splash still hadn‘t opened so we went back on BTMR (you are going to notice a theme here) and boarded by 8:08. Got the first row- bummer! Splash was running now so got in that line. It was back over the bridge but not really that bad because all the switchbacks were not open yet. Got in line at 8:16 and boarded at 8:31.

Kids were not interested in JG or POTC, so we hoofed it over to Buzz. In line at 9 and waiting only 8 minutes! Our family MUST always do Speedway so got in line at 9:20 and waited 30 min.

Needed a break! Ordered from Lunching Pad while in line at Speedway, and got our food immediately after. Pretzels, Cat Tail (where have you been hiding all my life! Loved it), and two slushees. We were ready to conquer Space at 10:25 - posted 50 min but waited 37.

Hoofed it back to the other side of the park for HM, apparent long line halfway to BTMR, but only a 16 min wait at 11:35. By then my DS16 was done and we helped him figure out how to get back to WL by himself. The wonders of having teenagers now! Went on BTMR twice starting around 12:15 (once in the front AGAIN, ARGH, and once in the back, YEAH!).

Shopped at Emporium and then at 2:15 a great lunch at Skipper Canteen. On the boat back to WL by 3:15 to relax and nap.

And back to MK on the boat at 6:15. On line at IASW at 6:40 and had a 40 min wait (only 2 groups per boat really slows things done). Then two runs on BTMR at 7:45 pm (~10 min wait but posted at 40) followed by Space to end the night with a 25 min wait.

Great day! We didn’t do every ride but we did all the ones we wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter