• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

General question for folks visiting over Memorial Day Weekend and into June: are pools still practicing social distancing? Operating at reduced capacity?

Been here all week at Kidani. It's been hot and the pools very busy. But until last night crowds were still down a bit. I didn't see any signs of distancing.

Masking has degraded a lot since I got here a week ago. At rock and roller coaster this morning I would say 25% of noses exposed in the inside queue... Higher outside. No real distancing.

Hmm.....I just read that another theme park is about to drop masks indoors as of Saturday. Wonder how true that is and if it is, how far Disney will be behind them? I just don't see it happening quite yet though.

We leave in 2 wks for 3 days at USO and then 7 at Disney so I'm anxious to see if there are any more changes between now and then. Or if anything new opens up all of a sudden at WDW. I'm leaning towards no. Two weeks isn't that long from now and it seems like it would be a major ordeal to open up more shows/restaurants and it would have been announced by now. My DH has secretly been hoping for Columbia Harbor House but I don't think it's happening. :confused3

That other theme park is indeed lifting its restrictions for those vaccinated.

We are here now & that has to happen. Skyliner was 100 times better tonight. And they were only loading 2 separate parties together if they were parties of 2 or less. We are a party of 3 & had our own, but saw them loading 2 separate parties of 2 together which is by no means packing ppl in.
My friend is at YC and was coming back last night from HS, family of 4, and even with a long line got a cabin to themselves but reported a single rider and a couple ahead of her were put together. She was a bit worried they would be put in with a family with some screaming kids behind them but they weren't (only scared, not because of masks, but because it was clear the parents had pushed the kids way too hard in the heat and the kids were losing it and she didn't want to be up there with that). She said it's moving much better than her trip in early April when they came for spring break.

Same here. I think the earlier in the day the more they cut to keep you going. BG 11 no ore show. BG 88 yesterday and we had it

I find this pre-show/no pre-show thing interesting. At first it seemed they were excluding pre-show due to COVID, but now it's so sporadic it's almost like they're using it as a way to maybe get through boarding groups faster or catch up due to downtimes?

I haven't ridden yet (so thanks everyone for keeping spoilers in check, very much appreciated!) and hope to do when we're there in a couple weeks, so I don't know if there's something about the pre-show that may break down like the ride does and maybe it's that instead.

Hmm.....I just read that another theme park is about to drop masks indoors as of Saturday. Wonder how true that is and if it is, how far Disney will be behind them? I just don't see it happening quite yet though.

We leave in 2 wks for 3 days at USO and then 7 at Disney so I'm anxious to see if there are any more changes between now and then. Or if anything new opens up all of a sudden at WDW. I'm leaning towards no. Two weeks isn't that long from now and it seems like it would be a major ordeal to open up more shows/restaurants and it would have been announced by now. My DH has secretly been hoping for Columbia Harbor House but I don't think it's happening. :confused3
As far as columbia harbour house, that's probably a no for now since it's still being used as an overflow queue for peter pan. They are serving a lot of the food at tomorrowland terrace, so at least you can scratch that itch a bit (still not the same though). I have to say, my 10 year old will flip out if WDW drops indoor masks in the next week while we're there, she's hardly come to terms with outdoor masks. She does have some health issues, and while she did have covid last year she's still terrified since she's been sent to the hospital for less in the past. She's been to the parks twice since reopening because we felt it was safe with precautions, and had no issues, now she's having doubts and I feel for her. Husband and I are both fully vaccinated so are comfortable ourselves, oldest daughter is halfway and has had covid last year so she actually feels pretty safe, but we can't do anything for the 10 year old. I'd hate to be mid trip and be able to do nothing. It stinks to all of a sudden drop a safety measure and people who are there suddenly not be able to do anything about it, because we know not everyone who isn't vaccinated will be like "Oh no, I'll need to wear my mask, better put on my mask indoors" they just can't police it.

As far as columbia harbour house, that's probably a no for now since it's still being used as an overflow queue for peter pan. They are serving a lot of the food at tomorrowland terrace, so at least you can scratch that itch a bit (still not the same though). I have to say, my 10 year old will flip out if WDW drops indoor masks in the next week while we're there, she's hardly come to terms with outdoor masks. She does have some health issues, and while she did have covid last year she's still terrified since she's been sent to the hospital for less in the past. She's been to the parks twice since reopening because we felt it was safe with precautions, and had no issues, now she's having doubts and I feel for her. Husband and I are both fully vaccinated so are comfortable ourselves, oldest daughter is halfway and has had covid last year so she actually feels pretty safe, but we can't do anything for the 10 year old. I'd hate to be mid trip and be able to do nothing. It stinks to all of a sudden drop a safety measure and people who are there suddenly not be able to do anything about it, because we know not everyone who isn't vaccinated will be like "Oh no, I'll need to wear my mask, better put on my mask indoors" they just can't police it.
I hope that everything goes well for your family and ( most notably ) for your 10 year old. If WDW decides to lift the indoor mask requirement, I'd assume that your 10 year old would still continue to wear mask and ( as an act of solidarity and support ) that the rest of your family would do the same.

Does anyone know if WDW following CDC or Florida State/County/Local guidelines for mask wearing?

I guess I'm out of the RotR pre show loop. only been on it once and I only remember 1 pre-show. had no idea there were two. to avoid spoilers, feel free to PM me with the two pre-shows and help educate me! lol

We did! Flew down Tuesday Evening and flew back Wednesday Evening. Did our favorites, ate some food. We had so much fun.
I did this once upon a time with my sister when we were about ten years younger! Lol
Flew down for a Halloween party that night and left the next day...good times :flower:
Not sure I would have the stamina now....or would I? :scratchin:rolleyes1

Been here since Saturday night. Having a great trip! Been going to rope drop, afternoon break, then back for dinner to close. I think our longest wait has been for Test Track- 40 minutes, posted 70. By FAR our longest. We did all the headliners at HS, MK, and Epcot. I’d say average we’ve waited for headliners has been 10-25 minutes, plus one walk-on at rope drop. Lots of walk-on rides in the morning and last hour. Tour with a strategy and all has been well. Took buses to parks and got there at unofficial opening every day but Epcot- we were on the 2nd bus and got there a few minutes after open.

That's so cool that you had a fantastic experience! Thanks for sharing. What time did you arrive at HS? What was your wait time like for MMRR?

Is the rule of thumb still 90 minutes to line up at transportation before park opening? Would you do earlier if using the Skyliner to get to HS from Pop?

And the College Program Cast is going to be so JACKED when they hit town!

I think it will almost be possible to "feel" their presence when they begin appearing Onstage.

The energy and excitement of youth is PRICELESS! :)

We're going to be in WDW just before they get in full swing. Wish I'd timed it a week later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter