• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Just did my daily check for Early Morning Magic and it's available (limited) for October. I'm so bummed that it's even available on Halloween morning but not the 2nd week of October which is when we're going. I was on hold for about 15 minutes with dining to ask if there was an option of change but had to hang up before I connected with anyone. Hoping that it was a gross oversight and they will quickly make changes (a girl can dream right?!? come on pixie dust!!)

Still no update to the Star Wars dessert party (I should really learn the short hand for that one!)
Or non-party night MK dessert party....grrrrrr.

Just did my daily check for Early Morning Magic and it's available (limited) for October. I'm so bummed that it's even available on Halloween morning but not the 2nd week of October which is when we're going. I was on hold for about 15 minutes with dining to ask if there was an option of change but had to hang up before I connected with anyone. Hoping that it was a gross oversight and they will quickly make changes (a girl can dream right?!? come on pixie dust!!)

Still no update to the Star Wars dessert party (I should really learn the short hand for that one!)

SWaGs :) And it'll probably be August, based on past performance. They don't book up super fast so no worries if you don't catch it on release day.

It's so weird that they didn't make it available on Sundays in October when it has been every other month. I guess they're basing it on past sales, maybe Sundays haven't been popular. Don't feel comfortable pulling the trigger on Tuesday, our checkout day until we book flights since it's hard-ticket and non-refundable. Disney may be forcing us to actually save money this time around!

It's so weird that they didn't make it available on Sundays in October when it has been every other month. I guess they're basing it on past sales, maybe Sundays haven't been popular. Don't feel comfortable pulling the trigger on Tuesday, our checkout day until we book flights since it's hard-ticket and non-refundable. Disney may be forcing us to actually save money this time around!
We're flying out on the 18th but our Halloween party is the 17th and we were not going to use a park day for it....so now I'm trying to decide if we want to try to juggle something else and use an extra park day? We're gong on Military tickets so I can't just add a day :( (Right?)

It's a dining reservation, it's refundable. Trust me, I booked, cancelled, rebooked, re-cancelled and re-re-rebooked last May :)

oh my god...flight problems again!!!

Originally we were on United leaving O'hare at 6:00 am - they changed to 8:00 am. Got a full refund because it was over two hours, booked American leaving at 7:10 am. (I like to leave early)

Today I find out my 7 was changed to almost 9 am!!! At this point I'm almost in tears, I hate flying and everything to do with it. So I'm looking around - United added the 6 am flight back! What the heck???
So American refunds me my tickets because it was over a 60 minute change (nice), I rebook on the 6 am United flight- for cheaper than any of my first bookings!!! Yes!!!

So, now we just hold our breath and hope this one sticks.... ugh. :)

oh my god...flight problems again!!!

Originally we were on United leaving O'hare at 6:00 am - they changed to 8:00 am. Got a full refund because it was over two hours, booked American leaving at 7:10 am. (I like to leave early)

Today I find out my 7 was changed to almost 9 am!!! At this point I'm almost in tears, I hate flying and everything to do with it. So I'm looking around - United added the 6 am flight back! What the heck???
So American refunds me my tickets because it was over a 60 minute change (nice), I rebook on the 6 am United flight- for cheaper than any of my first bookings!!! Yes!!!

So, now we just hold our breath and hope this one sticks.... ugh. :)

Oh no! I would be so upset if that happened to me! I'm glad everything worked out - fingers crossed it stays that way!

Hey guys! I'm looking for a memory maker share for Oct 16 & 17. Were staying offsite but will be at Epcot for F&W one day and MNSSHP the next. I just cant fathom spending $160+ for only 1 1/2 days :scared:

Hey guys! I'm looking for a memory maker share for Oct 16 & 17. Were staying offsite but will be at Epcot for F&W one day and MNSSHP the next. I just cant fathom spending $160+ for only 1 1/2 days :scared:

Sorry to be the wet blanket here, but sharing is not allowed. If they determine that the terms are being violated, ALL photos on that account can be deleted.

Bummer I know...Why not just buy the photos you want onesy-twosey? Not sure it's worth it to risk everyone losing all their photos....

Here's the link to the terms and conditions:

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/memory-maker-terms/

Sorry to be the wet blanket here, but sharing is not allowed. If they determine that the terms are being violated, ALL photos on that account can be deleted.

Bummer I know...Why not just buy the photos you want onesy-twosey? Not sure it's worth it to risk everyone losing all their photos....

Here's the link to the terms and conditions:

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/memory-maker-terms/

I didn't know that. I wonder how many other people do that without knowing that they're breaking rules. If I'm correct, I think there's a pretty active "memory share" thread on another Disney discussion board.

I didn't know that. I wonder how many other people do that without knowing that they're breaking rules. If I'm correct, I think there's a pretty active "memory share" thread on another Disney discussion board.
Yes, folks do it all the time.

There is a one day option, though, that would be cheaper x 2 than full memory maker. It just can't be purchased in advance.

Anyone at the World in late October, touring plans updated their crowd calendar - I won't give all details but here are the resort wide predictions. I know people don't put a lot of stock in them, but these look goooood....
I don't have some of the dates because the resort-wide didn't change, but nothing higher than a 6 I think on the Saturday...

October 25, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 4.
October 26, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 3.
October 27, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 4 to 5.
October 29, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 4.
October 31, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 3 to 2.
November 01, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 3 to 2.
November 02, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 2 to 1.
Yay! our dates at in there and love the lower crowd levels!! I was getting a bit nervous... October used to be a low crowd time but no any more!

I just the dessert parties and didn't read the "magic kingdom" portion and was so geeked to get to book the SWASGDP and nooooooo it's not available yet! I really hope it's going to be offered in October.

I wasn't planning to book a dessert party because we were already doing the Halloween MK party and was planning to do EMM. But now that there won't be EMM offered during our dates, I'm strongly considering trying to book SWAGS, only because it includes alcohol which makes the price *slightly* easier to justify, and the date would be DS's actual birthday so it would be a special treat for the day. And, since it's October the time would be early enough for the kids. I'm wondering if there are any more recent reviews than the ones that came out when it was first offered. Wondering if they've changed up the desserts, added more savory options, or changed the drinks at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter