***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

This Friday will be 2 weeks out and I'm debating on if I want to start packing this weekend. The weather is finally starting to get cooler in Wisconsin and looking at the extended forecasts, looks like we won't need our summer stuff after tomorrow. Can't believe we are almost in the single digits!!

Friday is our 2 week mark as well, but here in Texas it will be warm all the way up to departure day. Thinking of just packing what we need and making do with what's left until we leave!

I was wondering if anyone did the first 8 am Star Wars Guided Tour in HS yesterday? We were trying to gauge EXACTLY how long it lasts. We have it booked for October 21st and obviously have all our evening reservations (dining, FP+, etc.), but I just wanted to fine tune our plan if I need to. Thanks!

I am busting at the seams! I want to tell my kids so badly! They keep trying to make plans for that week; there's local Halloween events and a birthday party. But I keep having to make excuses and say I'll think about it. :confused3 I know it's better this way, they'll stayed focused in school and the surprise will be so great!:woohoo:

2 weeks feels very long when you're not allowed to talk about it.

Our trip is October 9 to the 14th and I'm starting to get concerned about the weather which looks incredibly humid and hot which is OK but also a lot of rain. We will make the most of it but rain makes everything a lot more difficult with a three-year-old boy . Anyone else have similar dates to ours ?

Our trip is October 9 to the 14th and I'm starting to get concerned about the weather which looks incredibly humid and hot which is OK but also a lot of rain. We will make the most of it but rain makes everything a lot more difficult with a three-year-old boy . Anyone else have similar dates to ours ?

There is no way they know the weather that far out. It's just best guessing at most! :)

If you ever look at monthly forecasts, they have a rain chance for everyday, it's like a catch-all. ;)

I was wondering if anyone did the first 8 am Star Wars Guided Tour in HS yesterday? We were trying to gauge EXACTLY how long it lasts. We have it booked for October 21st and obviously have all our evening reservations (dining, FP+, etc.), but I just wanted to fine tune our plan if I need to. Thanks!
I am wondering the same thing. If no one responds here, I suggest trying the SW thread. I booked the dessert party instead of the tour since they are now separate activities. But, I have been contemplating switching to the tour and keep checking for updates/reviews of the new format.

I am wondering the same thing. If no one responds here, I suggest trying the SW thread. I booked the dessert party instead of the tour since they are now separate activities. But, I have been contemplating switching to the tour and keep checking for updates/reviews of the new format.

I actually booked both because it's DH's birthday!

I am going the 10-14. Hoping the expected rain passes through Sunday/Monday. Rain or shine, I will be there!

We are there October 6 to 15 so have the same forecast. My experience in the past has been usually an afternoon thunderstorm but not enough rain to be a wash out. Hoping that for this trip too.

Just in case we picked up enough thin ponchos at the Dollar Tree to have one for every day. It may seem wasteful but it is easier to pack a new one each day rather than trying to refold and store wet ones. And we pass along the unused ones before we leave.

We are there October 6 to 15 so have the same forecast. My experience in the past has been usually an afternoon thunderstorm but not enough rain to be a wash out. Hoping that for this trip too.

Just in case we picked up enough thin ponchos at the Dollar Tree to have one for every day. It may seem wasteful but it is easier to pack a new one each day rather than trying to refold and store wet ones. And we pass along the unused ones before we leave.
We have the Disney Ponchos that we bought years ago that we take with us and we take to the park if we know it's just going to be a wash-out one day. Otherwise, we also use the dollar store ponchos the same way. We all keep one "emergency poncho" on us so we always have something if it starts raining. I put one in my park bag, and my DH keeps one in his cargo shorts pocket. Then if we use them, we throw them away and restock with another :thumbsup2

I can completely relate to this. We just bought new nice luggage, I still have it wrapped in plastic stuck in a closet to keep it from the cats. I know once I pull it out there will be a cat trying to get inside at all times.
My cat just gave me "the Look" when she saw me take out my luggage from the closet this weekend. The 'look' says: I know you are leaving me again... I know where you go every time....

Well, I'm stunned. Our MagicBands shipped Monday, and I just did my morning check of the tracking...and they're out for delivery today!!!

Twenty-five days and counting. The weather here in WNY is hanging on longer than usual: it's 70 right now and there's a high of 80 forecast for Saturday. Normally, I'd be thrilled, but darn it, I want to start packing!! :scratchin

We are there the 9th-14th. I am bringing my sandals (no wet socks!),and clothing that dries quickly. We have ponchos and ball caps packed. We do have the benefit of not having small children. We intend to make the most of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter