Hey, Oscars!, anyone???

Travolta!! Woof! Grrrr! Bark! sorry girls, I just had to!

Wow Gesha is taking all kinds of awards!

OrlandoMike said:
I need to see that movie! Viki, did you get my response?

I got the first response and responded to it.

Who was that cutie who won best actress? What a sweetheart! Viki I didnt get your response.....Hmmmmmmmmmm

OK, friends, Ang Lee took best director for Brokeback. Got to like that.

OK, guys, here we go...Best Picture... Capote... Brokeback...

CRASH??? Are they kidding??? I saw it, by I sure as heck forgot it soon after. Sheesh. Even Good Night or Munich ... fine, but CRASH???

Sorry I missed your Oscar night get-together! We watched it (and were having a nice Chianti), but I'm dragging this morning. We were really very disappointed that Brokeback didn't get best picture. When Ang won, we were woo-hooing, and then "Crash"??? I thought Crash was a really good movie, but not best picture worthy. The only redemption was Reese winning best actress. She was SO good - go see Walk The Line if you haven't already.

Travolta!! Woof! Grrrr! Bark! sorry girls, I just had to!

I totally agree! He just gets better with age.

Reese was the best actress and I thought she looked great - Classic like this award show should be.

So sorry Brokeback didn't win - Chris and I were excited as it got best director. I don't see mant movies at all but did see Brokeback. Got Crash on DVD - will have to watch it. Chris saw it and didn't think it was BEST.

Oh and we had a great dinner last night and had a bottle of Cakebread Chardonay. My absolute favorite. :)

Are we the only two people in the entire world who did not care for Brokeback Mountain or Crash? Brave subject matter, clumsy delivery. I did really, really love Capote though.

Got to watch the Oscars on our brand spankin' new 50' flat screen. Woo-hoo! The IKEA people weer also warned that the furniture HAD to be delivered early on Sunday to give Val plenty of time to assemble the darn thing nefore the red carpet. Hello, IKEA, Oscars are only, like, gay christmas :rolleyes:

Interesting year...

All I can remember right now is: Rachel Weisz :love:

First off, I won the pool at our friend's house (20 out of 24 here) :cool1:

We all have our likes and dislikes in terms of oscar hosting. I hated David Letterman, my best friend hated Whoopi Goldberg. We all agree Billy Crystal should do it every year, but it's a huge job and I understand why he doesn't (I loved the montage at the beginning about who wasn't hosting the oscars and why. Hmmm, Billy Crystal and Chris Rock in a teepee together...(ICK!)...nowhere near as hot an image as George Clooney in bed with anyone! :love:

Given how long and boring the show is, I thought Jon Stewart did a fine job. He brings a certain "Wow, I'm really here" earnestness that I'm sure some people find off-putting, but I thought his off-the-cuff stuff was great (esp. compared to "Uma...Oprah. Oprah...Uma").

Charlize -- Who told you that a bow the size of Rhode Island was reminiscent of a high-school prom dress from the 1950's? Find yourself a new publicist.

And what's with the brown dresses this year? Is brown the new black? And please people, show some EXCITEMENT. You just won an Academy Award for christ sakes, be happy. I loved Jon's comment after Three 6 Mafia came up ("Now THAT'S the way to accept an award"). Although I though Clooney's speech was really classy and thoughtful! :love: Just gotta have my George!

Lauren -- We absolutely love you. Your are an icon...no one can replace you and I hope I look half as good as you do when I'm your age. But please, PUT ON YOUR GLASSES!

When did Don Knotts pass away? We noticed they didn't have any of the recently deceased (Dennis Weaver, etc.) so I think they only did calendar year 2005 (but I might be wrong).

I don't think this was the most boring year as it had it's enjoyable moments. Lily Tomlin/Meryl Streep channeling Bob Altman was great! The green suit was cute but just a little too long. The musical numbers were 'ehh' except for "It's hard out..." Where's Rob Lowe and Snow White when you need them!!? I wouldn't call the evening boring so much as low-key until the very end. Our friends who had seen Crash were a little surprised it picked up best picture but they thought it was really good (one friend kept talking about how well written it was) and racism is a huge, huge issue that resonates with a lot of people, so I can understand why it won.

I'm disappointed Brokeback didn't pick up at least one more award (if not best picture). But to have Brokeback, Transamerica & Capote all nominated for various awards is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter