Hey Pete...thank you...but ..

Agree, the show becomes an unorganized discombobulated cluster when Pete is off. Ryno is granola and complains about the cost of everything, Craig is so pro-Universal that nothing Disney does holds a candle in his mind, and Panda is too nice to rein in the group when they go off the rails and talk or laugh over each other. Demi might have been the best bet for a host, but that ship sailed, sadly.

Maybe this isn't the show for you anymore. There are literally thousands of podcasts and video shows out there. Why keep coming here to insult the team?

I thought Panda was the best option to become the primary host, but now he's leaving as well (just like Deni who would have been a great choice). John was very good also at hosting in the past, but he's never there anymore. So I think it has to be Craig. I love Ryno, but not as a host. I would fear the show going down the path it did a couple of weeks ago. If you're going to open the door to politics on the show, you need to make it balanced and that's impossible with this team. I think they could find a good balance between the current Disney news /discussion topics and trip planning information. There's been attempts in the past to engage the Dis community for show content and i think it would be good to re-visit that with things like polls here on the boards and social media. Maybe go back to having in-park segments with a member of the team or two checking out anything new.

Thanks for every great moment on the weekly show, Pete.

I loved you on the show, but I totally understand if it is time for you to move on to other things!

I thought Panda was the best option to become the primary host, but now he's leaving as well (just like Deni who would have been a great choice). John was very good also at hosting in the past, but he's never there anymore. So I think it has to be Craig. I love Ryno, but not as a host. I would fear the show going down the path it did a couple of weeks ago. If you're going to open the door to politics on the show, you need to make it balanced and that's impossible with this team. I think they could find a good balance between the current Disney news /discussion topics and trip planning information. There's been attempts in the past to engage the Dis community for show content and i think it would be good to re-visit that with things like polls here on the boards and social media. Maybe go back to having in-park segments with a member of the team or two checking out anything new.

I was certain they were gonna announce Panda as the next host but then he left too. Not that they can't have dissenting opinions (Pete certainly did) but they need someone who actually LIKES Disneyworld. I've got a trip coming and will listen for my DIsney fix but I don't know after that.

I lasted seven minutes today and I think that’s me done with the podcast. I hate the fact that Pete has gone, that Panda has departed and that Kevin and John rarely come in the show, but I get it. People move on and that’s totally cool, even if it doesn’t bring ME much joy.

That said, I genuinely wonder if the team have considered if the listeners and viewers that they lose will be offset by those they gain, cos I gotta tell you, I don’t see how on earth they are going to gain more viewers/listeners/subscribers (and actual business) if the quality on offer amounts to what I heard in the first seven minutes of that podcast. This included a question being asked as to who had any housekeeping and a grown adult answering, “did you check your butt?”

Sorry folks. It’s a podcast peace-out from this Disney dad. There are other people out there doing a far better job that this.

I was certain they were gonna announce Panda as the next host but then he left too. Not that they can't have dissenting opinions (Pete certainly did) but they need someone who actually LIKES Disneyworld. I've got a trip coming and will listen for my DIsney fix but I don't know after that.

I lasted seven minutes today and I think that’s me done with the podcast. I hate the fact that Pete has gone, that Panda has departed and that Kevin and John rarely come in the show, but I get it. People move on and that’s totally cool, even if it doesn’t bring ME much joy.

That said, I genuinely wonder if the team have considered if the listeners and viewers that they lose will be offset by those they gain, cos I gotta tell you, I don’t see how on earth they are going to gain more viewers/listeners/subscribers (and actual business) if the quality on offer amounts to what I heard in the first seven minutes of that podcast. This included a question being asked as to who had any housekeeping and a grown adult answering, “did you check your butt?”

Sorry folks. It’s a podcast peace-out from this Disney dad. There are other people out there doing a far better job that this.
Been watching since we could watch. It hasn’t been informative for a very long time
and is no longer entertaining. What did it for me was when Pete was on the other week and he said, “You couldn’t pay me enough to go into the parks right now.” Maybe he forgot for a moment he owns a travel agent specializing in Disney? idk.

If you don’t love the product you’re selling,
it will show and business will quickly suffer.

We were the same this week, watched the first few minutes and stopped. They are all great people and work well giving a side opinion - but not as main hosts, it just comes across as friends getting together and chatting rather than talking to the audience. I did fear this would happen, but wish the show very well for the future, but I think we'll go elsewhere now.

I have been watching the DIS Unplugged for at least 10 years and been a member of the Disboards for about 15. Pete created the best source for Disney information and opinion on the net. I do however believe that the crew that he has now led by Craig and Ryno are good too. the Kreigers have also done an outstanding job in Pets absence and I wouldn't be surprised if they create their own show on the DIS. That all being said Pete is the main star of the show and his personality ,wit ,charm and opinions will certainly be missed. Good Luck Pete ; we love you and you are definitely a part of Disney World History,

I get that people will miss Pete - he cannot be replicated!
I get that they may not take to the other members - they are different and change doesn't suit everyone, but the way you say that affects how these 'real people' feel! Don't be mean, just say it's not your cup of tea and move on! There is enough negativity and bullying in real life and no one needs to feel rubbish because you prefer something else!

Be nice, or it might come to bite YOU on the butt one day :flower1:

Signed a happy and contented Dis-unplugged listener that enjoys the banter whatever the weather!
@Podcast crew - love you guys!

I get that people will miss Pete - he cannot be replicated!
I get that they may not take to the other members - they are different and change doesn't suit everyone, but the way you say that affects how these 'real people' feel! Don't be mean, just say it's not your cup of tea and move on! There is enough negativity and bullying in real life and no one needs to feel rubbish because you prefer something else!

Be nice, or it might come to bite YOU on the butt one day :flower1:

Signed a happy and contented Dis-unplugged listener that enjoys the banter whatever the weather!
@Podcast crew - love you guys!
i don't think anyone's being mean or saying something that might "come bite" them. constructive criticism of a new format is valuable.

everyone on these boards deep down loves the show. we wouldn't be here otherwise. and time does help things. example; Erica has become my favorite person to listen to on the weekly, which is pretty cool considering how she's still the 'new' member of the crew.

Erica does a great job of balancing some of the guys’ cynicism with her genuine joy at so many things Disney. She seems so honest, yet finds so much she still appreciates about WDW, and her love for my happy place shows. I hope she stays on for a while because otherwise the show does lean toward lots of negative comments.

Erica does a great job of balancing some of the guys’ cynicism with her genuine joy at so many things Disney. She seems so honest, yet finds so much she still appreciates about WDW, and her love for my happy place shows. I hope she stays on for a while because otherwise the show does lean toward lots of negative comments.
completely agree. she's not jaded.

Erica is the east coast Jackie. :)
Speaking of Erica, do the guys have to mention at least once a show that she's a lesbian? It's getting a little annoying, at least in my opinion.

Speaking of Erica, do the guys have to mention at least once a show that she's a lesbian? It's getting a little annoying, at least in my opinion.
In my experience online, yes, or you'll get dozens of comments asking about it.

But I also don't remember them specifically mentioning it, unless you're talking about when she brings up her wife.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter