HH and VB with young kids

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
The idea of a relaxing beach vacation intrigues me. I’ve looked at the website info for both VB and HH and they look fantastic - for adults. But is there enough to do at the resort and locally to keep young kids (7 and 3 when we would go) entertained? Playing on the beach would only entertain them for so long.

We just got back from our first stay at HHI- there are activities throughout the day for little ones (and older ones), lots of bike riding paths, playgrounds, gaming areas (shuffleboard, mini golf, corn hole) and the pool.

We took entire family to HHI when granddaughter was about 3. In addition to playing with us in pool and at beach, she played on swing set, climbed on "rock wall", played in the kiddy pool at the resort and the splash pad at the beach house. We crabbed and fished off pier and went to almost daily kids activities. We rented bikes with an attached kid seat and she loved it. And the bon fire with her first smores! We are going back in August with her, 5, and brother 1 1/2.

We stayed at HH over Thanksgiving this past year with our 7 and 12 year old sons. We all had a blast and they said they like it more than WDW!! More laid back but still lots of fun. There are activities several times a day if you want to do them, but they loved just hanging around the resort, visiting with Shadow the dog, renting bikes (which you could do with a child seat or trailer which they also rent), going out to the beach house, the whole thing. They just loved it. (Haven't been to Vero yet but are strongly considering between Christmas and New Year's!)

When my kids were young they loved HH. Plenty to do for kids and the beach is better than VB for young children. VB has a great pool area though, plus activities and mini golf for them. Still prefer HH though.

Like Vero and HH both! Personally when we go to Vero, we spend max 4 days, great place to relax, but a lot of driving to restaurants. Prefer HH, seems like more to do closer to Resort, much better choice of good restaurants close by!

I would like to reiterate that HHI is amazing! We do not have young kids, but I can't wait to take future grandkids. I would also pick HHI for young kids, too as the beach is flatter with less wave action. Taking young kids to VB would scare me because of the powerful waves and the quick drop-off.

So many years of fun with our kids at DVC HHI! Your kids will love it! Lot of activities besides the beach.

HH!

The beach at VB for a 4yo is too rough IMO.

HH has a lot more for families to do on the property or within walking distance.

In my opinion, VB is pretty isolated. There's not a whole lot to do outside of the resort. Restaurants are even a bit of a drive. My in-laws had a house in VB and the most I could tolerate was 3 days there. I'm sure there's more to do at the actual DVC resort, but the town of VB itself isn't that exciting.

Our first trip to HH was with a 7 and 4 year old. They loved it. Since we live in flyover country the ocean was a big draw. Playing on the beach, going boating, mini golf, biking, 2 pools, lots of scheduled kids activities at the resort, playground, corn hole. They were worn out every evening. From my perspective HH is better with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter