HHI LOVERS THREAD

Large enough depends on how you like the sleeping arrangements? With one couple in the master, do you want the other two to share a room or have one couple on the bedroom pullout?

A dedicated will have two queens in the second bedroom; lockout will have a queen and a sofa bed in the second bedroom.

Thanks for your response! After I posted I did a little more research, and think it would be better to try and book a grand villa. My husband and and I are bringing our two adult sons and their respective wife and gf. Maybe just book 3 studios or a combo of 1br & studios? But I like the idea of a grand villa, we’ve never stayed in one before!

I have another question, sorry if this is dumb! I’m confused about something.....are there villas at the Beach House too, or only regular rooms?

I have another question, sorry if this is dumb! I’m confused about something.....are there villas at the Beach House too, or only regular rooms?
The Beach House is for recreation and has counter service and a bar. It does not have accommodations.

The Beach House is for recreation and has counter service and a bar. It does not have accommodations.

Thanks Bobbi! Will you be there the first week of May? One more question (for now)!....is it difficult to get an ocean view room?

Hey, Corinne! There are no ocean view rooms at HHI. There are views of the inland waterway, however. I'm not sure of the difficulty in getting a GV with a view of such or even if any GVs overlook the inlet, though I assume some do. As for your initial inquiry and subsequent pondering of a GV, I will tell you that a GV is tremendous! We've only stayed at one--VGC last June--but it was quite luxurious in terms of space, the kitchen, and touches around the suite (ours had a pool table on the second floor landing but I believe the HHI ones have a fireplace). Certainly, each couple would have their own room and bathroom, and any gatherings you'd wish to have would have plenty of space in which to hold them. We didn't cook the two nights we stayed in ours, but there would be plenty of room to do so if you chose. We did cook when in HHI back in July in our rental unit (non-DVC), and there are a couple of spots where you can get fresh seafood and make your own boil, for example. A GV kitchen would definitely accommodate such a venture. Cheers!

Hi Sleepy!

Fancy meeting you here!;) thanks so much for the information, I actually meant water view, I knew it wasn’t a view of the ocean. Yes I think the GV may just be the way to go! I can book next week!

Hi Sleepy!

Fancy meeting you here!;) thanks so much for the information, I actually meant water view, I knew it wasn’t a view of the ocean. Yes I think the GV may just be the way to go! I can book next week!
Small world, indeed! I figured you might know but just in case. . .;) Yes, GVs are awesome. We may not ever get a chance to do one again, but those two nights we were in one were exceptional!

Large enough depends on how you like the sleeping arrangements? With one couple in the master, do you want the other two to share a room or have one couple on the bedroom pullout?

A dedicated will have two queens in the second bedroom; lockout will have a queen and a sofa bed in the second bedroom.

Can we request a dedicated 2 bedroom? We will be staying for the first time in late October in a 2-bedroom and I have requested marsh view top floor Bldg 29 or 31. Do all buildings have both lockout and dedicated 2 bedrooms?

Regular drip makers. Yes, bring your own filters and detergent.
Do studios still have real coffee mugs and glassware, or have they switched out to paper like at WDW. I find it worth a trip to the DollarTree for 2 mugs and 2 rocks tumblers and leave them. I hate coffee in paper cups!

Can we request a dedicated 2 bedroom? We will be staying for the first time in late October in a 2-bedroom and I have requested marsh view top floor Bldg 29 or 31. Do all buildings have both lockout and dedicated 2 bedrooms?
It is very difficult to receive any 2BR except a dedicated 2BR. There are 21 Studios and 21 1BRs and all are lock-off components of a 2BR. With so few Studios/1BRs, unless you require a HCA 2BR it is highly unlikely to get a lock-off 2BR. All of the HCA villas are in Buildings 11/12.

The Live Oak Lodge (buildings 11/12) is home to 16 of the Studios/1BRs since that is the only area accessible by elevator. The other 6 2BR lockoffs are found under a GV but still have steps to get into the villa as no buildings are at ground level. (I think the highest point at the resort is 8' above sea level and building codes reflect the need for elevated entry.)

I wouldn't worry about not being able to get a dedicated 2BR villa.

Enjoy your stay. Late October will be delightful! :teeth:

After having success at Vero Beach we are considering a family trip to Hilton Head. We would have four kids with us so something for everyone is important. Few questions!

How do VB and HH differ? In good ways and bad.

Are there only 2 dining options at HH? Are they both fast casual or is there a nicer sit down restaurant?

Are there children activities or clubs during the day or at night?

Are the rooms in good shape or in need of a refurb?

Is the beach useable or it it mostly dunes? Pics look nice but can’t tell if the beach there is good for lounging.

Is there enough to do at the resort and surrounding areas for 5 nights?

Thanks!

After having success at Vero Beach we are considering a family trip to Hilton Head. We would have four kids with us so something for everyone is important. Few questions!

Both are good but prefer HHI. More places to dine (off site) and generally more to do, everything from biking, to kayaking, fishing, and more. The downside to HHI is that it doesn't sit on the beach, but the shuttle runs often and is rarely, if ever, full. VB has the beach access going for it, but in most other areas, HHI is better.
Are there only 2 dining options at HH? Are they both fast casual or is there a nicer sit down restaurant?
Yes. You will have to go off site for a really good meal, but there are so many options, that it's fun trying to decide just where to eat each day. There is no sit down restaurant at HHI to be more direct. Still, there are a handful of good restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk and many more within 5-10 drive.
Yes, but have never participated, so I'll let someone else answer this one.
Good shape. Recently refurbished (last couple of years), I think. The walls and floors are thin, so noise can be an issue, but overall, they're lovely and inviting.
Is the beach useable or it it mostly dunes? Pics look nice but can’t tell if the beach there is good for lounging.
Very usable. There is plenty of room for lounging and, in fact, the beach fills up on nice days. The beach area is NOT private, just private access to the Disney Beach House. You can easily rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach--they're everywhere and I believe run by the lifeguarding corps.
Very much so. I'm sure others will chime in about specifics, but I don't think you'll run out of things to do, more like run out of time to do everything.
Thanks!

Thanks!

I'm not sure I can answer your first question, except to tell you what someone told me. We've only been to HHI, and wondered about Vero. HHI is less "ocean-y" and more "nature-y". For one thing it's not right on the ocean, but it is on a marsh and surrounded by trees. HHI is more casual feeling than Vero. As far as dining, there's only one dining option at the hotel, and it's CS. The beach house (about a mile and 1/2 away, on the ocean) also has a CS. However, unlike at Vero, there are several TS restaurants within easy walking distance of the main property. From what I understand, the many dining options within a quick stroll or a short drive are a big plus of HHI over Vero.
There are lots of organized activities both for children and families. I know there used to be a "night out" for kids, and the adults would just have to make their own entertainment, since we don't have kids, I don't know if they do that now.
There's enough to do there for not just 5, but 10 nights or more-our upcoming visit is 11 nights, which we've done before, and we're never ready to leave. Everyone I've asked has told me that Vero is at most a 4-5 night resort.
And yes, the rooms are in great shape, there was a rehab just a few years ago.

7829A892-CD64-4385-AD12-993F11F2E3CC.jpegWe had a 2nd great visit to HHI this past summer. DH, 2 DSs, me and friends stayed ina dedicated 2 bedroom. Location was great. First floor, marsh views and close to pool.

Attachments

• 2202C60E-1EDB-4059-8226-C3995DB7CA1F.jpeg
    2202C60E-1EDB-4059-8226-C3995DB7CA1F.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 16
Really appreciate the feedback @Simba's Mom & @sleepydog25! After enjoying the calm and beachy vibe at Vero we are excited to branch out.

We are all but sold on HHI for family vacation next year only to realize availability may be a major issue, eek! Checked 10 different sets of dates for next summer without any luck. Does renting DVC points make a difference for availability?

Really appreciate the feedback @Simba's Mom & @sleepydog25! After enjoying the calm and beachy vibe at Vero we are excited to branch out.

We are all but sold on HHI for family vacation next year only to realize availability may be a major issue, eek! Checked 10 different sets of dates for next summer without any luck. Does renting DVC points make a difference for availability?
Depends. If you can find a renter who owns there and has availability at 11 months, then yes. I'm guessing at this point, however, that you may already be into the 11-month window. If so, and you're aiming for any high occupancy time (spring break and late spring through late summer), then finding anything may still be tough. We've tried twice to get into HHI during the warmer months at 7 months with flexible dates and had no success. . .including waitlisting. Best of luck to you!

Hi Sleepy!

What did you book?

We recently bought a small HHI contract with plans to stay there for a relaxing post-WDW vacation from our vacation. We'll be at WDW for 8 night and HHI for 3 next August. So excited! We love the area, adore Savannah, and can't wait to visit our new "home" for the first time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter