HHI LOVERS THREAD

Hi all, we‘re visiting HHI soon and I was wondering if there is any point in having a credit card on file. Without the wristbands I wasn’t sure if you could charge food to the room, for example.
Yep - you will get a key to the world card that be used to open door and charge food and drinks to your credit card.

Hi all, we‘re visiting HHI soon and I was wondering if there is any point in having a credit card on file. Without the wristbands I wasn’t sure if you could charge food to the room, for example.
We didn’t put one on file at HH. I was going to but when I checked in, the cm asked do you just want to pay as you go as if that was the preferred method, so I said sure. The only time you will pay for things there is for recreation activities, quick serve (with insanely limited hours ), and the small gift shop. We used our credit card most for activities. We bought goggles in the gift shop and a few cappuccinos at the quick serve. That was it.

Yes you can use your room key to charge food to your room - we did this and then the night before checkout gave them a Disney gift card to pay it. They had a regular credit card on file but you are able to use a gift card to pay in the end.

Just finished our first stay at HHI eight nights in a two bedroom HA room from Mar 6-14. Just wanted to say thank you to all the people who posted advice on the local restaurants and things to do on the island. We had some absolutely wonderful meals there and only one that I wished we had not visited. The ones we would go back to in a heartbeat- Giuseppi's Pizza and Pasta, Hilton Head Diner, San Miguel Mexican, Sea Shack, One Hot Mama's BBQ, and Skull Creek Boathouse. We also enjoyed our meals at The Pirate's House in Savannah and Fleet Landing in Charleston. Our one bad experience was at Scott's Fish House right over the bridge from the resort. There are so many great places to eat on HHI just don't waste your time at Scott's, bad service and bad food. There are a bunch of restaurants under the Serg group umbrella and everyone of them that we tried was a winner. We hope to go back when life is back to normal.

Does Doordash deliver, and do they have to come to the front of the resort?

I discovered on my last WDW trip I loved that option for dinner. Is it an option at HHI?

We had a great lunch at Scott's Fish Market just across the bridge today.

HHI Social Bakery (next door to Scott's) is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays right now, but open tomorrow (Wednesday). Looking forward to hitting there in the morning.

Having dinner at Poseidon tonight. We enjoyed it a lot last time. I'm confident it will be another great meal.

We popped down to the Harbour Town Lighthouse for a bit this afternoon. Last time, we saw one small and one large gator out sunning themselves. We saw one big gator again today, but this time we saw SEVEN small ones out!

I found 'Olu Mel (the Aulani turtle) hiding out at the resort and won a cute 'Olu Mel pinback button. My niece loves him and we got her a bunch of stuff at the Poly last week. She'll really like this cute button to go with those items. If you're visiting HHI and spot him hiding somewhere, let a CM know to get this cute prize.

Last edited:

Grumpy - let us know how your dinner at Poseidon's went.... we are headed to HHI on Thursday and were debating on eating there or not.

Also, how is the covid safety protocols on the island ? Are people wearing masks and restaurants practicing social distancing ?

Grumpy - let us know how your dinner at Poseidon's went.... we are headed to HHI on Thursday and were debating on eating there or not.

Also, how is the covid safety protocols on the island ? Are people wearing masks and restaurants practicing social distancing ?
I'll report back after dinner. I'm sure it will be great. The food there was awesome in October.

In October, HHI had a mask mandate (portable traffic signs announced it as you drove in). Those signs aren't up any more. I saw a sign near the lighthouse stating that HHI required masks "in business establishments."

Just walking around outdoors in town, we saw a lot of people not wearing masks, but social distancing was pretty good outside. Inside shops, etc., people we saw are wearing masks. Even though some of the gift shops are very small, I didn't feel crowded by anyone. YMMV.

We sat outside for lunch. Tables at the restaurant were spaced out some, but perhaps a little closer than I've seen at some places. That being said, we had a lot of empty tables around us, but if it's busier you might feel a little cramped at some restaurants.

Of course, on the DVC property, Disney still requires masks, even outdoors, except at the pool and when eating/drinking while stationary.

Great dinner at Poseidon. My wife liked the She-Crab soup here (as well as the one she had at Scott's Fish Market for lunch) a lot. She had the stuffed shrimp and I had the stuffed flounder. Both tasted great.

We arrived around 8:15 and it was pretty busy. We were told it would be a 45-minute wait for a table for two, but a table opened after 11 minutes. Tables seemed a little more packed in than I've been used to seeing in the past months... definitely not all 6 feet apart, more like 3-4 feet in some spots.

Dinner there was a little pricey (around $100 for two of us), but we enjoyed the food a lot.

Lunch at Scott's Fish Market was a much simpler (and much less expensive) meal of fish tacos for me and a crab cake sandwich for my wife, but I think I enjoyed it as much. I also noticed as we drove past Scott's Fish Market this evening that there was live music going on. If I recall, the dinner menu at Scott's was on par with Poseidon price-wise.

In October, HHI had a mask mandate (portable traffic signs announced it as you drove in). Those signs aren't up any more. I saw a sign near the lighthouse stating that HHI required masks "in business establishments."

That is interesting about the signs as they were still there on friday the 19th when we left but masks were not actively enforced anywhere that I noticed and most people outdoors were not wearing masks even on Disney property. Indoors had more compliance, like at Krogers and small gift shops.

most people outdoors were not wearing masks even on Disney property.

Wow! That's really surprising! My understanding was that Disney was very good about enforcing their mask mandate. They certainly were when we were at HHI in November.

Great dinner at Poseidon. My wife liked the She-Crab soup here (as well as the one she had at Scott's Fish Market for lunch) a lot. She had the stuffed shrimp and I had the stuffed flounder. Both tasted great.

We arrived around 8:15 and it was pretty busy. We were told it would be a 45-minute wait for a table for two, but a table opened after 11 minutes. Tables seemed a little more packed in than I've been used to seeing in the past months... definitely not all 6 feet apart, more like 3-4 feet in some spots.

Dinner there was a little pricey (around $100 for two of us), but we enjoyed the food a lot.

Lunch at Scott's Fish Market was a much simpler (and much less expensive) meal of fish tacos for me and a crab cake sandwich for my wife, but I think I enjoyed it as much. I also noticed as we drove past Scott's Fish Market this evening that there was live music going on. If I recall, the dinner menu at Scott's was on par with Poseidon price-wise.
Thanks for the feedback!

Hi all, does anyone know if they have swimmies at the pools and or beach? Trying to figure out if we need to pack ours. Thanks!

We were at HHI, February 27, March 2 and masks were everywhere at the resort, and for the most part, everywhere on the island. There were signs stipulating masks along the main thoroughfare.

We were with friends and had a great early bird dinner at the Poseidon, outdoors!

I’ve got a fancy camera and want to take shots of my DD4 this summer. Any recs of locations close to the resort? What about a sunrise or sunset photo?

There is a place called sunset point at the resort.Great pictures with marsh and oak with Spanish moss. Any cast member can point you the way.

What are the options to get from the main Lodge (Building 11) to the pool?

I booked a HA studio. Grandpa has limited mobility (he broke his neck and has spinal fusion). So I’m a little nervous about what appears to be a long walk. Will he need a wheelchair to be pushed? Or should we drive every time to the pool?

We usually use his rollinator, one of those walkers with a seat. But he cannot do a long distance and certainly not on uneven paths. Thoughts?

I’ve got a fancy camera and want to take shots of my DD4 this summer. Any recs of locations close to the resort? What about a sunrise or sunset photo?

Sunrise pictures on the beach. You can park right underneath the beach house before it opens to be closer to the beach. There is a walkway with some blue surface - sorry I'm forgetting what to call this(maybe beach matting) that would possibly make it easy enough to use the rollator to get out to the sand. There is also a beach wheelchair available - somewhere. Probably locked up until the beach house opens at 8. I spend most of my time at the beach house before 7-8am. Also, it can be fairly bright before the sun actually rises and it can be foggy.

Walking to the pool from building 11 - it's pretty flat and mostly shaded. The pool is gated so if you drove you would have to figure out the best parking spot to access the gate closest to parking, and that isn't necessarily a paved path but I haven't followed it in a while. I'd probably try the walk from the main building. It's 5 minutes or less for this 68 year old, with 2 good legs. So far.

Edit: probably be a good idea for you to walk over and check out both options first.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter