*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

I'm hoping there is still a sleep chair in the dens of the 1 & 2 bedrooms. Having an extra sleeping surface is great when there are people that don't want to share a bed.
In the original incarnation of the refurb, there was a pullout chair to the left of the lamp (see picture below). The chair isn't visible in the newer picture above, but the angle isn't good in that shot, either.
IMG_7339.jpeg

I'll miss these bird items, and I miss the former look of the front "nook" where the bench was/is. I appears that the bench is now smooth, missing the Mickey and Minnie heart, and the fishing equipment. Otherwise, it looks much nicer than I feared.
Fairly certain the bench with the carvings is still there--it was when I took pictures of it. Disney wouldn't go to the expense of replacing a bench with another bench. Take it out altogether? Sure. But, spend money to put in a new bench that looks like the old bench? I doubt it. pirate:

Way too beige for me. They've taken the charm out of the villas. Yes, we all hated the couch and the murphy bed addition is great but I'm not impressed with these photos. Hopefully, it'll look better in person.

In the original incarnation of the refurb, there was a pullout chair to the left of the lamp (see picture below). The chair isn't visible in the newer picture above, but the angle isn't good in that shot, either.
View attachment 806831

Fairly certain the bench with the carvings is still there--it was when I took pictures of it. Disney wouldn't go to the expense of replacing a bench with another bench. Take it out altogether? Sure. But, spend money to put in a new bench that looks like the old bench? I doubt it. pirate:
I'm so glad about the sleeper chair. I'm glad they changed the flooring, especially it looks like they removed the bumpy tile. Saultillo tile?
As far as the carving of Mickey and Minnie in the bench, when I mentioned it to DH, he said, "Oh-I never noticed that anyways." What? Over twenty trips to DHHIR and he never noticed?! And he stores and maintains his golf clubs in there, so he goes in there about 8 times a trip. Now I'm more upset about him not noticing, so Disney gets a pass. Hope it's still there though.

Way too beige for me. They've taken the charm out of the villas. Yes, we all hated the couch and the murphy bed addition is great but I'm not impressed with these photos. Hopefully, it'll look better in person.
It seems sort of “generic” in the photos. Fingers crossed there’s a hidden Mickey in there somewhere. Maybe even an old nod to Shadow, but that may be expecting too much 😅

I'd love to see a pic of the outer master bath. Wondering if the new tub is in the same place and if that low sink and counter has been updated.

First look article on dvc fan with pictures of the refurb at dhhir. (My favorite pic is the red carpet one!)

Just found the first picture under the accessible room at DHHIR on the DVC website.
Looks like the original? (Non-accessible rooms have the current room below)
1699537877561.png
1699537934006.png

When do the christmas decorations go up at DHHIR?
Usually after Thanksgiving, but it all depends on the timing that is handed to them by corporate out of Florida. All the decorations are trucked up by Disney from the Sunshine State, and then same thing once they come down in mid-January.

When do the christmas decorations go up at DHHIR?
We're here at the resort now, and as we left to go golfing, we walked by the men putting up the decorations on the Main Lodge, hanging the garland. I asked about the Mickey Head, and they told me they'd be putting that up last. I know they were finished when we came back, but I'm afraid I was too tired to look carefully. I'll look tomorrow to see if the Christmas deer are put up in the area across from the Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter