*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Just enjoyed a quick 1 night getaway, and as always the resort is our favorite. Did not get a renovated studio as requested but enjoyed staying in the main lodge! Cannot beat free coffee by the fireplace. They told us this building will be the last for reno unfortunately, so looks like if you’re wanting a refurb studio it may be luck of the draw!

Didn’t realize the balconies and front stairwells would be undergoing outside refurb also, but I’m glad they are keeping with the same colors for the buildings to maintain the resort theme. Since I couldn’t get any good pics of a renovated room, took some photos of completed outside of 31 (can’t really tell, just looks fresh and clean) and current construction to the outside of building 28. They are doing a lot of work to install that elevator. Nice to see they still left Shadow’s paw prints in the walkway. I really hope they stay!
Thanks for the updates. Any idea how many more buildings are left?

Thanks for the updates. Any idea how many more buildings are left?
At least half or more than half. Looked like if you were standing facing the resort with the marina behind you, they are working from left to right. I’d anticipate they are on track to hopefully finish by summer.

*edited to add: We were told at check in that only 2 studios had been refurbed since most are in the main lodge.

Last edited:
We have two trips booked for this year--one in April and one in October. We are seriously considering cancelling our April trip and changing the October trip to a 1-BR instead of a studio. I don't want to be there if construction is going on near the lodge, plus we LOVE the 1-BRs and I'm sure we will love the refurbished ones even better. I just don't know if I can wait 9 more months to get back to my second home!

I'm curious about how the refurbishment of the studios and 1BR's in the main lodge will effect those staying in those rooms. Will they be able to effectively block off and isolate the rooms that they are working on, or will there be an inevitable disruption? We have a 1BR booked for the first week of April so I think may be affected one way or another. We typically prefer the rooms in the lodge so we have the possibility of an upper-level room (nobody above us), but if we get one of those, we may have to deal with the construction. If we get one of the "outlying" 1BR's (under the GV's), the upside is that it will be a refurbished one. I'm just hoping for nice weather and some relaxation8-).

Any recommendations on what to request for a 2 bedroom? What would your top priority be?

Any recommendations on what to request for a 2 bedroom? What would your top priority be?
Top floor, marsh view in that order. Top floor eases the chance of a noisy couple or family above you, and there really aren't any poor views at the resort. The only other thing currently would be the location vis-a-vis the pool or the main Lodge. As the resort is small, everything is within a five-minute walk.

Last edited:
Top floor, marsh view in that order. Top floor eases the chance of a noisy couple of family above you, and there really aren't any poor views at the resort. The only other thing currently would be the location vis-a-vis the pool or the main Lodge. As the resort is small, everything is within a five-minute walk.
Thanks. Any idea how many of the 2 bedrooms have already been renovated? What are are chances of getting a renovated room?

I'm curious about how the refurbishment of the studios and 1BR's in the main lodge will effect those staying in those rooms. Will they be able to effectively block off and isolate the rooms that they are working on, or will there be an inevitable disruption? We have a 1BR booked for the first week of April so I think may be affected one way or another. We typically prefer the rooms in the lodge so we have the possibility of an upper-level room (nobody above us), but if we get one of those, we may have to deal with the construction. If we get one of the "outlying" 1BR's (under the GV's), the upside is that it will be a refurbished one. I'm just hoping for nice weather and some relaxation8-).
Good luck! Much as we love Hilton Head resort, and always request Main Lodge, top floor for a 1 Bedroom, we cancelled our stay there in April. It looks to us like it may be the prime time for refurbishing the Lodge. Please post here after you get back-I'd really be curious, and hope for your sake that I'm wrong and there's a delay.

Good luck! Much as we love Hilton Head resort, and always request Main Lodge, top floor for a 1 Bedroom, we cancelled our stay there in April. It looks to us like it may be the prime time for refurbishing the Lodge. Please post here after you get back-I'd really be curious, and hope for your sake that I'm wrong and there's a delay.
That is what I'm afraid of! We like staying in the lodge, too. I need to check tomorrow to see what points we used for our April stay, but if they are points that can be banked, we are really leaning toward cancelling our April stay and modifying our October stay to a 1-BR.

Thanks. Any idea how many of the 2 bedrooms have already been renovated? What are are chances of getting a renovated room?
Flip back to the page before this one, post #1,263 (hhisc16), and that will give you a pretty good idea of what is currently available.

That is what I'm afraid of! We like staying in the lodge, too. I need to check tomorrow to see what points we used for our April stay, but if they are points that can be banked, we are really leaning toward cancelling our April stay and modifying our October stay to a 1-BR.
Good luck! We're examples of "Once you stay in a one bedroom, you can't go back to a studio", at least where HH is concerned. We "treated" ourselves to a one bedroom once, then tried to return to a studio, and all I did was p*** and m*** about missing my one bedroom.

Flip back to the page before this one, post #1,263 (hhisc16), and that will give you a pretty good idea of what is currently available.
Thanks. Are all the units the same layout? Do they all have the same amount of each type of room in them?

Thanks. Are all the units the same layout? Do they all have the same amount of each type of room in them?
all the 2 bedrooms are the same with one *very* slight variation. Two bedrooms in building 14 and 15 have an extra balcony off the 2nd bedroom and a somewhat usable porch out in front of the unit as well (instead of just a landing).

So we did end up cancelling our April trip. I'm sad I won't be there until October, but I'm excited that I get to experience a refurbished 1-BR! April was just too iffy, and I really wanted that 1-BR as opposed to two trips in a studio. We will also be able to add an extra night at the front of our trip (even though that night does have to be in a studio) once the 7-month mark rolls around. The countdown begins (again)!

So we did end up cancelling our April trip. I'm sad I won't be there until October, but I'm excited that I get to experience a refurbished 1-BR! April was just too iffy, and I really wanted that 1-BR as opposed to two trips in a studio. We will also be able to add an extra night at the front of our trip (even though that night does have to be in a studio) once the 7-month mark rolls around. The countdown begins (again)!
I think you made the right choice! When we stayed in a studio last week, that had not been refurbished, I told myself “I don’t think I could do this again until these are renovated!” It is really worn out. The couch, the carpet, the dark styling, smelled musty- that baby needs a face lift!

We're at Hilton Head right now. I had requested a refurbished 1BR and we were put in a renovated room in Building 30 (under a Grand Villa).

The renovations are very nice. Much brighter inside but somewhat standard Disney vanilla renovation as of late. Some cute art with Disney touches. Nice clean look for sure. Seems thorough, even painting the building exteriors.

However, after 2 days we asked to be moved due to noise upstairs. I read some of the comments here and thought it might not be busy above us this time of year and wanted a renovated room, but I should have listened to the advice :). I don't necessarily blame the people upstairs, I think the buildings are older and not much between the floors. Plus as a Grand Villa more room for the kiddos to run :). The CMs here are always awesome and had no problem moving us and we received some magic and snagged a top floor 1BR in the main building. Not yet renovated but love it. Great views and MUCH quieter.

There is a lot of construction going on around the grounds but you don't really hear noise. Right now walking through the property can be complicated with a few areas fenced off. Still beautiful! I was talking to a very sweet CM yesterday about the progress and she said they are being trained on iPads as they are already planning to remove computers in the main building and will start construction on the main building "soon", which surprised me. I don't think she knew exactly when it will start but they are prepping the building and staff.

Hope this helps........

Just enjoyed a quick 1 night getaway, and as always the resort is our favorite. Did not get a renovated studio as requested but enjoyed staying in the main lodge! Cannot beat free coffee by the fireplace. They told us this building will be the last for reno unfortunately, so looks like if you’re wanting a refurb studio it may be luck of the draw!

Didn’t realize the balconies and front stairwells would be undergoing outside refurb also, but I’m glad they are keeping with the same colors for the buildings to maintain the resort theme. Since I couldn’t get any good pics of a renovated room, took some photos of completed outside of 31 (can’t really tell, just looks fresh and clean) and current construction to the outside of building 28. They are doing a lot of work to install that elevator. Nice to see they still left Shadow’s paw prints in the walkway. I really hope they stay!
Are they installing another elevator?? In a different building?

yes, they are adding an elevator to 28.
Oh my, that’s great! I think it’s needed, and never thought they would because it’s a ‘42 ending resort!

Are there studios and one bedrooms in #28?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter