HI All! How to "pop the surprise"?

binny

do something that MATTERS!
HI there,

Were going to surprise the kids on Christmas and are trying to figure out the best way to "pop the surprise" Were going to spend a week there in March.

Any ideas?

This is going to be our First family trip to DL, DH and I are very excited :)

Thanks!!

Maybe matching Disney T shirts for the family, or some Disney dollars for everyone as part of their souvenier money for DL...

or a Christmas Card from Mickey or other favorite characters?

A series of boxes, if you are flying, one with an airplane, one with a hotel model and then one with disney stuff till they figure it. Kinda depends on the age of the kids. :rotfl:

I like the idea of Disney money - where else would they spend it than at Disneyland? or, how about a Disneyland map or Disneyland brochure?

You could give them a Disney t-shirt and put in a card that says that they can only wear it when they go to Disneyland in March.

I like the ideas that were given above. I will be driving down to DL on Thursday, so I can pick up maps and postcards if you would like them.

We are going on a family trip to Southern California for Christmas. We are actually surprising the 3 kids next weekend. We decided that if we gave them to much notice the 5 and 7 year old would be bouncing off the walls and not concentrating at school for the entire month of December.

We have three small treasure chests that they get to open up. Inside there is Disney $$$, CityPass Tickets (Disneyland, Knott's, Seaworld, Wild Animal Park), Legoland Tickets, Cruise tickets (Carnival), Disney pins, a toy cruise ship, decks of carnival playing cards, and carnival pins.

My MIL just got back from DL today, and she is mailing us gold mickey ears (with names) and Disney shirts to include with the surprise.

We have arranged a surprise for our DS(5) - Lilo & Stich Breakfast and Medievel Times Dinner; our DDs(7&12) - Goofy's Kitchen and Breakfast with Shamu.

I'm sure whatever you give them, they will be thrilled!!! Have fun putting the surprise together..

Hi Judy :) :wave2:

Theyre really good, thanks for asking! How about your family? Saw Tia a few months ago but I never seem to see you guys anywhere anymore :( Hope youre all well. We're heading to Vegas in the morning for the Luxury Travel Expo. Wish me luck :eek: LOL

Great ideas everyone thanks so much!

The kids are 10, 7 and 6.

I was thinking of doing a scavenger hunt thing in the afternoon of Christmas. You know the "let down" time. Not quite sure how I would pull it off though.

Thanks for all the ideas, I think I will try to incoporate as many of them as I can.

Have a great trip Lincdax and CaDisney fans, thanks for the offer! Postcards might be a really good idea. :)

You could also order the free vacation planning DVD. It isn't that great, but it may be fun for the kids. Disneyshopping.com has some fun things and their clearance is good. Maybe think of things that you will need for your trip and you can wrap those up (disposable cameras, luggage, carryon items, things to do on the plane/car, etc)

We are planning on surprising our kids as well with a trip in a few weeks. My daughter thinks we are heading for VA. When we get in the car we are going to present them with T shirts that say Disneyland or BUST with a picture of the castle and all of our names at the bottom.

Sunshine56 said:
When we get in the car we are going to present them with T shirts that say Disneyland or BUST with a picture of the castle and all of our names at the bottom.

LOL! That's too cute!! :sunny:

I like the boxes with clues in them.... I did a treasure hunt a few years back to surprise my kids. It ended with a scrapbook that just needed the photos put in it.... gave them some nice clues. They were thrilled....

Any way you tell them, they will be so excited and will have fun.

Have a great time in Vegas !

You could also write a clue in Disney autograph books........

I am making a dvd for my girls. We are still debating buying season passes, but at the very least, we will go for a one week trip in May. I have 3 or 4 commercials from tv about the 50th anniversary, some of our pictures from our trip in August, a high quality video from another disney site of the fireworks, fantasmic, and elp that I will add to it.

I haven't started the actual dvd making process yet. I had to get the commercials and encode them to a different format. I will sync all of it to the 50th anniversary theme song by Leanne Ryhmes (spelling?).

I have another DVD to finish up first (hopefully I will finish it on an airplane on Wednesday), after that I will start on the one for my kids. If you are insterested in something like this PM me and if I have time I will customize one for you.

I love the scavenger hunt idea! It would be so much fun and yes, a great activity for Christmas afternoon. ::MickeyMo Are you thinking of hiding little gifts, like Disney Dollars, etc. or little notes with clues on them?

Hi there, sorry I was out of town and am just now getting back to answering.

The plan was to hide little gifts with clues all over the house. I have lots of little disney stuff so I can use some of that.

The end product would be ( hopefully) a Disney character with a backpack on with a note inside saying " You WON! Now youre going to Disneyland!" :)

What do you think?

Sounds great!
When we had big gifts at Christmas my Dad often did a treasure hunt game.... like for our new bikes :) !!
As a kid I loved it. He (my Dad) is a big kid himself so always has one big last present that we can't open, but I really enjoyed the treasure hunts.!

Great idea, Binny!

I used to do this with my kids a lot when they were younger. They used to have so much fun they'd ask me to do another one for them. I used to do a riddle for the hiding place, and they'd have to figure out the riddle and then get the hiding place. It was fun for me, too.

Oh, wow, not until March, and you're going to tell them on Christmas? They'll be totally ecstatic, but then the wait time will practically drive them...I'm going to say a Disney character again...Bonkers! This is like me waiting for the new season of "Ghost Hunters" on Sci-fi. Jason and Grant were on Conan O'Brien and he announced new episodes will air next March! I can't wait that long! I'll go Bonkers too! Ugh....time is evil sometimes... :hourglass

*Gasps suddenly* They still have those Disney dollars??? COOL! I'd love that as a Christmas-dropped-hint-gift!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter