Hi Guys, mabe you can help me with......

TOMAR@SSR

DIS Veteran
a quick question?#@% :goodvibes
We`ll be leaving in August and we were thinking of sending a small Box ahead of us with some things that I had bought for our trip, and can`t take on the plane.
I read somewhere, on the boards ,that some of you folks do this, so I`m hoping that you guys can tell me A-how do you address the box, B-how long before you leave, do you send it, & How (UPS or ?)
Also, if we want to send it back home , before we leave WDW, how do we go about this. :crazy:
Hope you can help me out with this, DH is starting to want to nix the idea, since I`m not to familiar with the process :teeth: TIA :flower:

I've done this dozens of times. I usually just make up a box of stuff I want shipped, and take it to UPS or FedEx and pay for the 2 day option (I"ll usally ship it out 3 days ahead of my arrival).

I address it to the resort, and on the lower lefthand corner of the 8 1/2 x 11 " paper I use as an address label, I'll mark my Name, the word "Guest", confirmation #, and arrival date -- all marked "Attn Mailroom".

When it comes time to leave, as time isn't that important, I'll ship out via UPS/FedEx 'ground' (cheaper). I always take whatever I want to ship back home to one of the business centers ( BWI, CR, CSR, GF, YC/BC ) and have them do it for me.

HTH

Hi :wave: , and thank you for all the great info :goodvibes , this clears up alot of discussion in our house this morning!!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :flower:
DVCConvert, if we send the box UPS, do one of the resorts that you mentioned, that will ship it back, have labels, or should we put extra inside the box??? Thank you again :goodvibes

DVCConvert, if we send the box UPS, do one of the resorts that you mentioned, that will ship it back, have labels, or should we put extra inside the box??? Thank you again

Well, as far as if you are 'on property' and have stuff you want to ship 'home' -- just take your stuff to one of those business centers and they will take care of boxes/labels for you! :)

DVCconvert said:
Well, as far as if you are 'on property' and have stuff you want to ship 'home' -- just take your stuff to one of those business centers and they will take care of boxes/labels for you! :)

that`s Great :cheer2: , thank you for all your help, now I can buy, buy, buy, and not worry about trying to stuff all our new goodies into our already stuffed luggage :goodvibes ;)
We`ll be @ the BWV first, so I guess we can check into the process then.
thanks again :flower:

FWIW -- we did the "ship ahead" thing to BWV. One thing we found -- they had to retrieve our package from another area (perhaps the business center?) and that took a bit of time for them to locate it. So don't ship something you plan to need on Day one, just in case! Also -- I arrived fairly early in the a.m. to get the package -- there was some question that had I waited until later in the day, this "business" area might be closed -- just something to consider -- not sure if arriving late in the day or evening is an issue for you. (Has anyone on the boards rec'd a package in the evening that could attest to this?)

Anyway -- have fun shopping! :)

TOMAR@SSR said:
that`s Great :cheer2: , thank you for all your help, now I can buy, buy, buy, and not worry about trying to stuff all our new goodies into our already stuffed luggage :goodvibes ;)
We`ll be @ the BWV first, so I guess we can check into the process then.
thanks again :flower:
If you're talking about buying stuff at the WDW resort and not off property, we always have them ship the stuff directly to our house from the store. We group our orders together into a couple of bigger purchases, and since its getting shipped out of state, they don't charge taxes. Sometimes the shipping is less than the tax would have been.

Shipping directly from the store of purchase is a good idea, just remember to save the tax tell the cm prior to being rung up that you want the item shipped. As far as shipping other items home, we shipped right from Artist Palette store during our october visit. We just took everything to the store and they boxed, labeled it and shipped it out. susan

gopherit said:
FWIW -- we did the "ship ahead" thing to BWV. One thing we found -- they had to retrieve our package from another area (perhaps the business center?) and that took a bit of time for them to locate it. So don't ship something you plan to need on Day one, just in case! Also -- I arrived fairly early in the a.m. to get the package -- there was some question that had I waited until later in the day, this "business" area might be closed -- just something to consider -- not sure if arriving late in the day or evening is an issue for you. (Has anyone on the boards rec'd a package in the evening that could attest to this?)

Anyway -- have fun shopping! :)

Gopherit, thank you for the heads up, :goodvibes . Just curious, Did you put.. "Attn: mailroom", on the box? I wonder if there`s a regular mailroom, for resort mail, besides the "Business center", (or mabe all larger parcels just go there). We`re going to try to be @ check-in at least before noon anyway, but @ least we know what to expect ;) , I could just see DH`s face, if he hears: "Sorry, no box HERE for you"! :crazy:
thanks again,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter