Hi i'm from P.A.!!!!

Your welcome. I actually met Paterno and his wife along time ago. They are great peeps

Yes, they are. My mom worked for an attorney that has an adult child that is friends of one of JoePa's children. They went to their wedding. Also, while my sister was attending PSU, Joe accidentally ran right into her and knocked all of her books out of her arms. He helped her pick all of them up and apologized over and over!! My dad and uncle were walking around a couple hours after a game and saw Joe walking on the other side of the street. They just waved to him and he crossed the street and stopped to talk to them for awhile. Very down to Earth man. It will be a sad day for all Penn State fans the day Joe decides to leave. Hopefully it won't be any time soon.

Yes, they are. My mom worked for an attorney that has an adult child that is friends of one of JoePa's children. They went to their wedding. Also, while my sister was attending PSU, Joe accidentally ran right into her and knocked all of her books out of her arms. He helped her pick all of them up and apologized over and over!! My dad and uncle were walking around a couple hours after a game and saw Joe walking on the other side of the street. They just waved to him and he crossed the street and stopped to talk to them for awhile. Very down to Earth man. It will be a sad day for all Penn State fans the day Joe decides to leave. Hopefully it won't be any time soon.

My husband actually wrote JoePa a letter while he was deployed during the First Gulf War, and got a very nice response from him. I think he still has it somewhere . . . actually, it might be hanging in his "I love me" room (i.e., our office). :rotfl2:

Come to think of it, 5 or 6 of the people we're going to WDW with in September are all Penn State grads!!

My husband actually wrote JoePa a letter while he was deployed during the First Gulf War, and got a very nice response from him. I think he still has it somewhere . . . actually, it might be hanging in his "I love me" room (i.e., our office). :rotfl2:

Come to think of it, 5 or 6 of the people we're going to WDW with in September are all Penn State grads!!

That is awesome!! What a great keepsake. Your trip in September sounds like way too much fun!! Have a great time!

AMEN to that!!!!!!:goodvibes

I am from the Western part of PA, Beaver County near Pittsburgh. My DH and I graduated from Penn State Erie!

Hi everyone! I am from Cassville, PA.... since I'm sure nobody has heard of that, I am only 10 min from Raystown Lake and about 1 hour south of State College, PA (Penn State Main Campus) or about the same from Altoona, PA.

Hi everyone! I am from Cassville, PA.... since I'm sure nobody has heard of that, I am only 10 min from Raystown Lake and about 1 hour south of State College, PA (Penn State Main Campus) or about the same from Altoona, PA.

I've been to Raystown Lake! Many times! I was born in Altoona, PA and then lived in Indiana, PA...now live in Pittsburgh, PA!!!!

Another from PA here, Philly to be exact. :) This site has been the best planning tool next to the 5 tour guide books I have for Disney! This place has turned me into a Disney World encyclopedia.

Philly here too. Where? We're in Roxborough

Quite A few from the Lehigh Valley here! Think it's something in the water?!:rolleyes1 Hi and welcome! :goodvibes

Nah, it's just the sheer and utter boredom of the area in general, LOL. :) I'm really in shock as to just how many of us there are here....and this is only those who found this thread!

I live in Allegheny County about 20 miles NE of Pittsburgh. While I'm a Pitt alumni both my DS and DD go tp Penn State Schulykill :goodvibes

another one from Delco, Pa here.... about 15 minutes south of PHL... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeah !

Finally some people from the western part of PA! Originally from a little town in Beaver County, Baden to be exact. Now living in Kennedy Twp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter