Hijinks & Shenanigans but not much Mayhem@The Dark Side+Disney:Link to DL/Hawaii TR

Two of my favorite resorts!! Can't wait for this report. :):goodvibes

I was hoping to read more of your report before I left for my own trip to the dark side on Tuesday. I guess I'll have to take peaks at it while on my trip instead. Can't wait to read about your trip!

I was hoping to read more of your report before I left for my own trip to the dark side on Tuesday. I guess I'll have to take peaks at it while on my trip instead. Can't wait to read about your trip!

:welcome: Have a fantastic trip and safe travels today!!!

Oh, darn!

Let me try to cliffs note my tips for you.

If you have a AAA card, show it whenever you make a purchase at Universal/IoA or City Walk Stores and restaurants to get a 10% discount. In the WWoHP and maybe some other places, you needed to spend over $50 for your purchase. Learned that the hard way after one boy purchased $30 of goods in one shop, then the other made a similar purchase. Of stuff you could buy all together at the front of the park!!! Bundle your purchases!

Short Cut: Use Zax Bypass to avoid having to go through all of Seuss Landing to get to the WWoHP. As soon as you enter SL, there is an archway to the left of Green Eggs and Ham. Follow that path to the Lost Continent.

Have you preordered Photo Connect? Kind of like Photo pass. For a $40 pre-order you get any in park and ride photos added to your card. You also get a lanyard that was really useful and one 5x7 or 8x10 print. Look up "Universal Photo Connect" on Facebook to find them, but the name of the company is Amazing Photos, or something like that.

Line for Despicable Me was the longest one we encountered in all of Universal/IoA. If you can, do it early. We were always at that park in the afternoon. Transformers was also subject to frequent breakdowns, so catch that one while it is open.

Here's a link to my TOP TEN UNIVERSAL TIPs from my previous TR:

Top 10 Universal Tips

Can't wait to read your report! You are hilarious and have a way with words :lmao:

Thanks for joining in everyone!!! :goodvibes

I'll get to individual welcomes and replies in the morning.

Dee

Oh yeah Dee...it's called Zax bypass! I wrote something about that shortcut in your 'muggles' thread a day or two before you left for Orlando. Now that I think of it I think I took a picture of the sign to remember haha! We used that route out too.

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sigh..... I guess I'll read it....

;)

~NM

First, this is seriously funny. I'm still laughing as I type.

Dee, there is so much I love about your first post. Love that Nate was so appreciative and in good spirits throughout the trip - so heartwarming, and I know how much that means to you. Love the anniversary photo "with poncho." Love that you returned to BC. Love that Ben got in more Disney time. While we've given up on commando (more pool time now, tons of ADRs, etc.) I can still relate to the "no shopping" because I have three boys. :) All great, and of course, looking forward to following along (as long as you keep reminding me when you post an update!)

P.S. While I like hijinks and shenanigans, we've also become very fond of "ballyhoo" lately. Any of that?

Hi Dee! It's only taken me until page 3 to join!

Glad you had a great time! I'm looking forward to your 'mother of the year' award recipient... this will be good. ;)

How wonderful that you were able to meet up with Teena at Captain's Grille. I still have the photo of Em and me with Teena a couple years ago so I need an updated version next month!! :thumbsup2

Hiya Dee I finally made it-better late than never :thumbsup2

Ditto everything Pixarmom said just have to add that "refuses to participate" had me rolling with laughter:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sounds like great craic was had by all -can't wait for more:goodvibes

First? I'm here and totally in! :thumbsup2

:welcome: and Congratulations on your "First Responder" honors!!!

party:

So glad to have you here!

Can't wait to hear more!

I love how your son "persuaded" you to take him to Disney! That was awesome!:rotfl:

:welcome:

I'm glad you enjoyed Ben's little project. My favorite is: If we don't go to Disney, I might do something on "accident"

:rotfl2:

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your fabulous trip!

Loved meeting with you and getting your texts during the trip!!! :goodvibes

I'm in...great start...anxious for more!!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:welcome: and thanks!!!

:)

joining in!!!!!

I am so glad you are here!!!

:thumbsup2

I'm here! Subbing! Waiting to hear all about your trip and stealing your hardcore touring tactics. :)

As I mentioned on the BC board, we did make some hardcore moves, but one of them came back to bite me on the butt.

That chapter is "Karma is a B*tch"

:lmao:

I'm here and can't wait!

:welcome: Cynthia!

So glad you are here! Thought of you many times during the trip- when we were trying to find a place to hide the key to the safe at the BC and especially as we enjoyed our dinner at Margaritaville.

I am proud to retain my parotthead status!

:rotfl:

Following along. :)

:welcome: and thanks for joining us!

:cool1:

So glad to have you here!

:)

I am here and ready to read!

Thanks so much for joining in. I hope I can add to the excitement for your upcoming trip.

:woohoo:

Can't wait!

Thanks, Robyn!!!

I'm so sorry we just missed each other. Again! You were there during the week we usually visit the world, but then we would have missed Teena!

:hug:

Joining in DEE since I like Hijinks and Shenanigans :) :thumbsup2

:welcome: Rob!!!

Thanks for joining in! We had some fun hijinks, but truth-be-told, the shenanigans were kind of lame. I also hope you forgive me for blatantly stealing some of your material ("No Dancing")
That cracked Ben up!

:lmao:

I'm in and looking forward to a BC report from an expert!! DW and I have our first stay at BCV in October so don't spare the details!! :lmao:

:welcome: Bill!

I was so happy to learn that you will be visiting BCV. Oh, there will be details!!! I haven't counted the number of pictures I took at the BC alone, but let's just say that one of my purchases during the trip was an SD card for my camera.

:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter