Hilton Head Best Time of Year

GerryCFD

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We've been DVC owners for10 years this month. I'm actually typing this on the balcony of our room at Vero Beach. We've never been to Hilton Head and on the rare occasions that I think to check availability, it always seems to have sporadic rooms available. I'm curious what the best time of year to go is and how far in advance I need to book.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Gerry

Following. We have a reservation for next July. I know that is prime season with crowds. I would think the fall would be wonderful but have to factor in those dreaded hurricanes. We did go end of May and it was hot!

Well, my first thought is "any month" because I love Hilton Head. The CMs there recommend September and October (I think late September-mid-October) as the best time for low crowds, but warm temperatures. Remember that the ocean is supposedly slower to warm and slower to cool during the year, meaning that in June, the ocean is usually still cold, but in October, it's still warm. We go every November and love it, but we're more nature people than beach types.

September after Labor Day through October is about as good as it gets at HH. Much lower crowds than June through August, but everything is still open, weather is warm in the day, and evenings are pleasant, and often open at 7 months out, although studios can sometimes be a problem in Sep and all rooms can be an issue the two weeks in mid-Oct that include Columbus Day.

We are happiest when we go the beginning of May! That’s what we have next year. We have enjoyed many trips in July, but it’s very hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter