Hilton/waldorf astoria vs using a disney springs hotel

ipcmlr

Earning My Ears
Well the dream was the polynesian or one of the resort hotels but alas, the budget doesnt allow it unless i can magically book one for $1200/3 nights.
Will be going to a wedding with the reception in the floridian on may 12th and one day for magic kingdom.
So i'm thinking of getting either the hilton, waldorf( they have a sale and it's less than $300 a night).
We'll arrive on may 11 go to rehearsal, 12th wedding, 13th free day, 14th fly back home.

Which would be a better fit? hilton/waldorf or one of the disney springs resorts?
thanks.

Well the dream was the polynesian or one of the resort hotels but alas, the budget doesnt allow it unless i can magically book one for $1200/3 nights.
Will be going to a wedding with the reception in the floridian on may 12th and one day for magic kingdom.
So i'm thinking of getting either the hilton, waldorf( they have a sale and it's less than $300 a night).
We'll arrive on may 11 go to rehearsal, 12th wedding, 13th free day, 14th fly back home.

Which would be a better fit? hilton/waldorf or one of the disney springs resorts?
thanks.

My personal opinion is going with the Waldorf -- It sounds like that is a really great price (for the Waldorf) and the Waldorf gets the Disney perks (aside from booking 7AM Individual Lightning Lanes).

the dream was the polynesian or one of the resort hotels but alas, the budget doesnt allow it unless i can magically book one for $1200/3 nights
If on-site is of interest, have you looked at moderate or value resorts? You should be able to get 3 nights in that budget. But if deluxe is the level you prefer, offsite will be best.

If on-site is of interest, have you looked at moderate or value resorts? You should be able to get 3 nights in that budget. But if deluxe is the level you prefer, offsite will be best.
Do the moderate resorts give me anything above the hilton? probably the disney ambience?
I had the impression that I'll still have to use the bus if I want to go to disney.

Really depends what you want. Waldorf if beautiful - we regularly use our Hilton free night certificates there. But my standard reply is to ask how long are you going to be in your hotel room or using the hotel facilities? The Waldorf will definitely feel "plushier" as far as the room goes and it has a nice pool (and use of the Signia pool next door which is also nice). The Disney Springs hotels are perfectly fine as well but are very standard hotels.

Transport will be a bit easier if you go to an actual onsite hotel and the moderates have the fun Disney feel to them. But Waldorf has a luxury hotel feel.

No wrong answer - depends what you're in the mood for.

Really depends what you want. Waldorf if beautiful - we regularly use our Hilton free night certificates there. But my standard reply is to ask how long are you going to be in your hotel room or using the hotel facilities? The Waldorf will definitely feel "plushier" as far as the room goes and it has a nice pool (and use of the Signia pool next door which is also nice). The Disney Springs hotels are perfectly fine as well but are very standard hotels.

Transport will be a bit easier if you go to an actual onsite hotel and the moderates have the fun Disney feel to them. But Waldorf has a luxury hotel feel.

No wrong answer - depends what you're in the mood for.
Thanks. Appreciate the reply.
Will have a look at the moderate resorts and see if they will fit us better. I have a 9 year old going with us so it will be nice if it was in a disney property.

Will have a look at the moderate resorts and see if they will fit us better. I have a 9 year old going with us so it will be nice if it was in a disney property.
9 year old may definitely appreciate one of the Disney resorts. Our Waldorf stays are our parents only trips! We often use the Disney Springs ones for the trips with kids (usually get better rates or use points as opposed to the Disney moderates). The Signia - next door to Waldorf - does have a great lazy river and pool area for kids. If you'll have some daytime time for that sort of stuff - you might compare those facilities at the hotels. But if not - I'd say moderate or Disney Springs (some of which are walking distance to Disney Springs if you want to do that at night (but if you have a car - parking there is very easy).

9 year old may definitely appreciate one of the Disney resorts. Our Waldorf stays are our parents only trips! We often use the Disney Springs ones for the trips with kids (usually get better rates or use points as opposed to the Disney moderates). The Signia - next door to Waldorf - does have a great lazy river and pool area for kids. If you'll have some daytime time for that sort of stuff - you might compare those facilities at the hotels. But if not - I'd say moderate or Disney Springs (some of which are walking distance to Disney Springs if you want to do that at night (but if you have a car - parking there is very easy).

we really have only one day to go to the park. and we've decided to just go to the magic kingdom. thursday we'll have a few free hours which i was thinking could be spent on the hotel/pool/lazy river.
my 9 year old is also a lazy walker. lol. so I can see her having a hard time even doing morning till night at disney.
i most likely will end up doing moderate.
thanks for all your input.

I have stayed at moderates when my son was that age and found them very nice plus the activities were great fun. They have free little extras day and evening. I also have rented DVC points! We have gotten deluxe studios for right around $400. After taking into account taxes, fees and parking, the DVC rentals were a great value for us.

I have stayed at moderates when my son was that age and found them very nice plus the activities were great fun. They have free little extras day and evening. I also have rented DVC points! We have gotten deluxe studios for right around $400. After taking into account taxes, fees and parking, the DVC rentals were a great value for us.
Thanks. how do the dvc rentals work? i see there are a few big internet middlemen that do the dvc rentals.

we really have only one day to go to the park. and we've decided to just go to the magic kingdom. thursday we'll have a few free hours which i was thinking could be spent on the hotel/pool/lazy river.
my 9 year old is also a lazy walker. lol. so I can see her having a hard time even doing morning till night at disney.
i most likely will end up doing moderate.
thanks for all your input.
Did you check Wilderness Lodge?

Stayed at the Waldorf one time and it was well worth it. We got a similar price of around $300/night for a king suite. It would probably be second on my list in the area if price was no consideration. Four Seasons would be #1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter