Hisprincess' planning journal, March 04, 2008! SP/CG/Morocco DP

I love the centerpieces, that is exactly what I want. Something with candles and rose petals.

I love the belly button ring,where did you get it,I want one too lol.

oh yeah and you are getting married a week before me and I will be there on the 10th and get married on the 12th,maybe I will see you around!

Great journal! I felt that I had to join in on the thread too, since I'm originally from Michigan as well :thumbsup2, grew up in Rochester Hills. I've started lurking around the wedding forums because my lady and I are thinking about a Disney wedding next year.

You look great in that dress; can't wait to hear more!

I found the barbell on ebay from a seller called in-craft. I believe it's actually a store, so you should be able to find one on there! If thats not the case, I'd say just search for a mickey mouse barbell or belly button ring, thats what I did.

I really like like the centerpeices too, I hope disney can help me get them somewhere in the wedding since I'm an intimate/escape.

your shoes are adorable! :)

and I think I'll have to find myself a mickey belly button ring too - that's beyond cute :D *runs off to find one in blue*

hope you guys didn't have big weekend plans - this rain sucks! I'm over on the West side right now and it hasn't stopped raining in 2 days! :(

Thanks for the compliments everybody!

As for the rain, it has been raining over here too off and on for a couple days. I didn't have any plans though, so I don't really mind.

An update...
I FINALLY got DF to help make a decision! He doesn't know thats what he did, but he actually gave me his opinion on something I asked him and that made the decisions. I have recently been going back and forth on whether to have a dessert party (since I learned about Japan) and a wishes cruise on the grand 1. I asked him what his fav. show was last night and he finally came to the conclusion that he liked illuminations better, so dessert party it is!

Great news about the dessert party! Let me know if you want to see the dessert party menus. I already have them and can email them to you.

For the centerpieces you shouldn't have a problem. Our floral contact showed us some similar to that using cylinders with the floating candles and some hanging tree like votive holders. Disney Floral even told us that we could provide our own containers for the flowers if we found something that we liked better than their options.

I would love to get the menus from you if you don't mind. I'm really excited to do the dessert party now and don't want to wait until DFTW contacts me about it (who knows how long that could take!) My email is mrrobin2@svsu.edu

Okay, minutes ago I just booked my illuminations dessert party! Yay! It's in Morroco. Now, I wasn't thinking when talking to the lady on the phone (Doreen is on vaca so I talked to someone else) I didn't even think to ask about few things that she mentioned that I wanted to ask about (such as transportation and viewing fees and any other 'hidden' fees), I was just too happy that the spot was still open!

You don't have to pay viewing fees for guests with tickets right?
and some planners don't make you have transportation, some do, correct (she mentioned the bus if I want to wear my dress, but I don't need a bus)?
I guess I'll see what Doreen says when she gets back about those things since it seems like it all depends on who you talk to. I'm really hoping I can get around that transportation thing or at least figure out something better.

Thats about the most thats happened now, if anybody has any advice, I'm more that eager to hear it!

I just stumbled across this and everything looks so beautiful! I am also a big fan of The Little Mermaid... I watched it every morning for a year while my Dad got ready for work! :goodvibes I love the belly button ring too- I have to find one!!!

Thanks zetalove08!

--------

Okay big news! I just checked my email and I believe that my coordinator is Juliana Acosta! I'm so excited to finally get one! Can anybody tell me what comes next??

Congrats on getting your DP booked and on getting assigned your coordinator. I'm not sure what happens with intimates. As a custom I was contacted by my coordinator then send a large document with tons of questions about the wedding for me to fill out. Music, flowers, decor, etc.

Well, I don't have much to update anybody on right now

Okay, so those of you that have been following this know that I was struggling with what to do with my hair, well this is it...
47b6da07b3127cce88ffcc262be40000001.jpg

I saw this and just knew it was it
I want makeup something like this
2305918580063969586gFITrp_ph.jpg

I am also going with these color roses
Flowers1.jpg

with the mickeys like this
flowers3.jpg

I found this pic and thought that it was a good idea and pretty for an at home reception (which we're having) or some of the sneak peak videas customs can do
slidetable.jpg

I am so irritated right now. My mom is actually being great about working with me on the wedding stuff, she gets irritating sometimes, but she means well. Unfortunatly, DF family is not being so great. It seems like his sister's pregnancy is completely overshadowing our wedding. I don't mean to take anything away from her, but I feel like that is completely taking away from DF and mines very special time in our lives too. When I ask them (FSIL) questions like if they are going or not, I get no response, or one day they act like they are and another they act as if its impossible. If I mention anything about it, they just brush it off and change the subject asap. I have asked his mother to give a just a very rough estimate of how many people they would invite, and that was about 2 months ago. I don't see how something that can take 10 min. tops to think about can take 2 months to figure out. I try to tell them that they need to make reservations for a hotel, and they just say yea well we know were we're staying. The thing is, they have no ressies, and we are going to be there close to easter, and I'm worried that they arn't going to make ressies in time and have no place to stay and expect US the poor just starting out couple to pay ungoddly amounts of $$ to get them someplace to stay. I just wish they would cooperate a little bit and actually acknowledge a little bit that we are getting married in 8 months and that is going to be here fast and I am trying to plan things NOW. I'm starting to try to plan things and budget, but that is hard when I don't know if DF sis and her husband and at that time will be 2 children will be comming. I almost wish we just would have had our parents come and thats it, but then I would feel bad to not have my brother there because of his family.

Sorry for all of this venting everybody, I think I am just feeling the stress of wedding planning, job hunting, house hunting, the michigan economy, and of course nursing school, and taking that great big state boards test. I'm trying not to be a bridezilla here, I just feel like nobody cares about this except me and that it is no big deal to anybody else (except DF), and it makes me sad:sad1: Maybe it will change after FSIL has her baby, but I doubt it because then there will be a baby. :headache: Once again, sorry about this long post, I'm probably just being crazy, or a bridezilla:scared1:

Awww....I totally feel for you. We got the same crap from my fiances brother and his wife. Everytime we would ask if they were coming one of them couldn't get the time of work or they didn't have passports or they didn't want to go during hurricane season or any other number of stupid excuses. There's a reason you put a date on the reply card...because us brides need to know so we don't turn into total crazy bridezillas. They only finally just confirmed they were coming like last week, 2 days before all our final payments were do.

What makes it even more frustrating is my fiance got a 3 bedroom suite for his family, including them, and booked it back in like August. Because they were pissing around for months, he offered their room to our good friend and now all of sudden they can magically get the time off and are coming on the trip. This means my fiance is giving up his room and sleeping on a cot because he doesn't want to cause more problems between them. It just makes me kind of sad because he has worked so hard on planning stuff and was really excited about staying at this place and now he might be moving between this hotel and the one me and my family are at.

Anyway...hang in there. You still have time so no need to start stressing that much yet.

Feel free to vent! That's what we're here for! And no, you're not being a bridezilla.

I had very similar problems with my family in terms of who is coming, who is not, etc. Our wedding is close to the holidays and so I was worried about rooms being filled up too. At times, I'm worried that we don't have enough rooms and then other times I'm worried that we aren't going to meet our minimum!

To keep myself from losing control, I decided that I just need to let them handle it -- it is their problem. I have explained that they need to book soon because they might not have rooms, etc. But, I cannot control if they book or not or if they have rooms or not. I've done all I can do. Now, that being said, FMIL was worried about some of her guests and so she reserved some normal, non-discounted rooms on her credit card at the All Star. That way, we have them if we run out, but she plans on cancelling them if we don't need them. I suppose you could do this to the rooms in your room block also if you can (but then you might get into all other issues if they won't let you change payment information -- we haven't come across that hurdle yet).

Another reason why they might not be able to give you an answer is because they honestly don't know if they will be able to go with a baby that small. I think it is probably hard to travel with the baby, but they probably don't want to leave the baby at home and at the same time they probably don't want to miss your wedding. I am betting that is the source of the friction. I know this will be harder because you don't know how many people to plan for, but I don't think there is really anything else you can do. I would just include them and their kids right now for a "worst case scenario" (i.e. the most possible guests count). The baby really won't count as a person anyway. DFTW doesn't need a final guest count until shortly before your wedding.

I know this is a pain, but it will get better. I promise! :goodvibes

Thanks for the support. I realize the situation FSIL and her family are in with a baby and all, and so far I have just been planning for them to be there. I am also trying to just not worry about the hotel situation, but I can't help it sometimes because I just want everybody to be able to have a good time and not have to worry about that. I'm begining to just think that as long as DF is there, I'm not even concerned with what everybody else does, as long as they don't try to stay with us on our honeymoon! haha :scared1:

I a bit of a control freak I guess and like to have everything planned out asap, I'm trying to just relax. Thank you for letting me vent I think I need to get it through my head that I can't control it all and to just relax and maybe even do a little :banana: :rotfl2:

:wizard: to you all for listening to all of this!!

Awww....I totally feel for you. We got the same crap from my fiances brother and his wife. Everytime we would ask if they were coming one of them couldn't get the time of work or they didn't have passports or they didn't want to go during hurricane season or any other number of stupid excuses. There's a reason you put a date on the reply card...because us brides need to know so we don't turn into total crazy bridezillas. They only finally just confirmed they were coming like last week, 2 days before all our final payments were do.

What makes it even more frustrating is my fiance got a 3 bedroom suite for his family, including them, and booked it back in like August. Because they were pissing around for months, he offered their room to our good friend and now all of sudden they can magically get the time off and are coming on the trip. This means my fiance is giving up his room and sleeping on a cot because he doesn't want to cause more problems between them. It just makes me kind of sad because he has worked so hard on planning stuff and was really excited about staying at this place and now he might be moving between this hotel and the one me and my family are at.

Anyway...hang in there. You still have time so no need to start stressing that much yet.

I'm so sorry that happened to you! That is dissapointing that that happened and things turned out that way, but just remember what your there for. Heres a :hug: and I hope it all works out for you!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter