Hojo questions

Mayhem1976

Mouseketeer
Hi. We are just starting to book a last minute decision to go in late June. We are.East coast so this will probably be our only trip to Disneyland for a while.

Im booked 3 nights at the Disneyland resort but started looking more into other hotels. Hojo is about half the price. My concern is the pool reservations. I messaged themn but was wondering if anyone knows if that's a permanent thing?

Also the size of the bunks? I assume a 6ft 15 yo wont fit?

Thank you!

If it’s your first and likely only trip, I’d keep the DLH (assume that is what you booked). The HoJo is great, but the bunks were tight for my then tall 10-year old. The DLH is my favourite onsite or off. Are you used to WDW? The reason I ask is being in “the bubble” may be very important to you.

EDIT: not sure about pool reservations. Seems like it is currently still a thing. Hopefully someone else can comment. I don’t like being on a ”schedule” so that would mess with me. ;)

We have done WDW many times and always stay on site, so i didnt even really think about not for DL. Its also our 20th anniversary this month and felt like lets just do it!

The pool reservations are my biggest worry.

I bet you'll hear back soon. I always ask Hojo millions of questions and they're very helpful. They usually get back to me within a day or so.

As for the bunks—it depends which ones. I know the ones in the 2 bedroom kid suite are twin size bunks, and all the other bunks are shorter. My 15yo old is 6ft also, which is why I had to double check on the bunk sizes.

I'm not sure how long they will have the reservation system for pools. It's hard to know in advance when you'll need them.

If you are only going to Disneyland once I would probably stay with DLH, but I understand your dilemma. I have DLH and Hojo booked for our May trip but it's $600 less for Hojo. Still have to decide!

We visited a few weeks ago and the reservations were still a thing. They are easy to book online but you have to have the reservation code (not to be confused with your confirmation code). We had one day where they were sold out because it was hot, but there are always no shows and if the people haven’t arrived within 30 minutes of their reservation, they cancel it and put them back into the system. I got multiple reservations this way in the moment. I also agree that if you’re east coasters and this is a one and done for awhile to stick with the DLH.

We just got back 2 weeks ago from our stay at the HoJo and I was concerned about the pool reservations as well. But I agree with the previous poster, it wasn’t too hard to get reservations last minute. Also, they would let you in if it was later in the reservation period and people had already left. It wasn’t nearly as big of an issue as I thought it would be!

Thanks everyone. I guess i worry in June it will be busier at the pool? And i hate to book stuff and then forget to cancel and not open a spot up.

I think we may just splurge and stay with DLH!

We have done WDW many times and always stay on site, so i didnt even really think about not for DL. Its also our 20th anniversary this month and felt like lets just do it!

The pool reservations are my biggest worry.
If you are used to onsite WDW and celebrating such as milestone I would *strongly* suggest keeping DLH. I surprised my sister (who is a die hard WDW fan) with the DLH on our Sept trip and I transferred to an offsite hotel (that I had told her we were staying at) on our last day as I was staying longer to visit with friends. I visibly watched the “magic” fade out of her as we were walking down Harbour - she stopped us and said “thank you SO MUCH.” The bubble is real.

Happy 20th!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter