~ HoJo's ~ UPDATE ~ WE JUST RETURNED!!! Please read post 88!!!!!

Just returned from a quick 2 night stay at HoJo's on the ET rate. As I checked in, the young man at the counter asked if I knew of the new cancilation policy, and so on. I told him I was online on a diney board as it all broke loose and knew many of the details. He said that they needed to make changes because the ET rates were being abused and over 50% would cancel leaving people that wanted the rate, to miss out. It was interesting that they are being sure to ask users of the ET rate what they thought.

Anyhow,;) we stayed in a premium Disney veiw room and loved it!:thumbsup2
Took the 7th floor even though he almost tried to talk me out of it because it gets light early. I loved the super high ceiling and curved windows. The view was awesome and the a bit bigger than the 2 queen we stayed in near the big pool.
The weather was good and we had a great trip even with the short, 10-8pm hours.
Love that HoJo!

HI EVERYONE!!! :wave:

WE WENT AND WE HAD THE BEST TIME! (Sorry, I should have posted this after our March 6&7 stay).

We checked in and was given room 2212 (I believe) in Building 2. It was a king room facing the pool. Just lovely!

We weren't at HoJo's all that much as we spent most of our time in DL!

We did enjoy a dinner at Mimi's Cafe (which was our first time) and it was delicious!

My birthday lunch on Sunday (with friends) was at Naples on the patio and is was awesome!

We had lunch on Monday at ESPN Zone and that was as well delicious!

So we have now stayed at CCI and HoJo's and really like them both equally. :thumbsup2

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

We are going back!!! :mickeyjum

I just checked HoJo's message boards and received the AP rate of $59.00 for a King room for Sunday April 10th!!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

We are going back!!! :mickeyjum

I just checked HoJo's message boards and received the AP rate of $59.00 for a King room for Sunday April 10th!!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Dangit!!! We will miss you by ONE day! :( We leave on the 9th! Have fun!! How long are you staying? Just an overnight?

Dangit!!! We will miss you by ONE day! :( We leave on the 9th! Have fun!! How long are you staying? Just an overnight?

Ohhhh, pixie, when you posted on Misfits, I was trying to do the math … I figured you would be there BEFORE me … :sad2:

Yes, just coming up on Sunday early and doing the parks all day Sunday, staying over at HoJo's and doing the parks all day Monday and then driving back to San Diego, Monday eve!!! We have been trying to do that once a month. :dance3:

Ohhhh, pixie, when you posted on Misfits, I was trying to do the math … I figured you would be there BEFORE me … :sad2:

Yes, just coming up on Sunday early and doing the parks all day Sunday, staying over at HoJo's and doing the parks all day Monday and then driving back to San Diego, Monday eve!!! We have been trying to do that once a month. :dance3:

I'm bummed we will miss each other, I hope you have a GREAT time! :)

We just returned from 2 days at DL!!! We stayed at HoJo's!!! So let me tell you what happened BUT I will preface by saying we had a WONDERFUL stay at HoJo's!!! :goodvibes

So we checked in with the SoCal AP discount rate on Sun a.m. The clerk said our room was not quite ready to check back in the afternoon. I asked about a quiet room and did not care at all about a view. She said she would do her best! :thumbsup2

Later on, after allot of fun at DL, we headed back for a rest. We checked in. We were assigned Building 1, room 206. Clerk said it was on the second floor so it would be quieter than a top floor. Great.

So the room is a king room. Lovely. I took out my iPad to get caught up on my email etc. We decided to get back to the Parks about an hour or so later. I looked all around for the safe. Hmmm, I cannot find it at all. I asked DH to look in case I missed it. Nope, no safe. And as you all know that staying at HoJo's, they do NOT want you leaving things in your car as it is stated on the receipt (that you are asked to keep on the dashboard).

Hmmm, I call the FD and inquire as to where the safe was in the room. The clerk answering the phone informs me "we do not have safes in the rooms here" … huh … what … I told her I had just stayed here in March in Building 2, room 226 (I believe) and had a safe for my iPad and other items. She says that was building 2 and I would need to bring all my items down to the reception area and they would keep them for me. I told her I did not feel like going back and forth to the reception area every time I wanted items I would normally keep in the in-room safe. She said the Manager would call me back.

Manager called back and said that they would move us to Building 3, Room 111! GREAT! :dance3: The room was very quiet, we slept great and all in all our trip was A+!!! :dance3:

So be sure to inquire at the Front Desk at HoJo's when you check in IF you indeed need a safe in your room. :thumbsup2

We just returned from 2 days at DL!!! We stayed at HoJo's!!! So let me tell you what happened BUT I will preface by saying we had a WONDERFUL stay at HoJo's!!! :goodvibes

So we checked in with the SoCal AP discount rate on Sun a.m. The clerk said our room was not quite ready to check back in the afternoon. I asked about a quiet room and did not care at all about a view. She said she would do her best! :thumbsup2

Later on, after allot of fun at DL, we headed back for a rest. We checked in. We were assigned Building 1, room 206. Clerk said it was on the second floor so it would be quieter than a top floor. Great.

So the room is a king room. Lovely. I took out my iPad to get caught up on my email etc. We decided to get back to the Parks about an hour or so later. I looked all around for the safe. Hmmm, I cannot find it at all. I asked DH to look in case I missed it. Nope, no safe. And as you all know that staying at HoJo's, they do NOT want you leaving things in your car as it is stated on the receipt (that you are asked to keep on the dashboard).

Hmmm, I call the FD and inquire as to where the safe was in the room. The clerk answering the phone informs me "we do not have safes in the rooms here" … huh … what … I told her I had just stayed here in March in Building 2, room 226 (I believe) and had a safe for my iPad and other items. She says that was building 2 and I would need to bring all my items down to the reception area and they would keep them for me. I told her I did not feel like going back and forth to the reception area every time I wanted items I would normally keep in the in-room safe. She said the Manager would call me back.

Manager called back and said that they would move us to Building 3, Room 111! GREAT! :dance3: The room was very quiet, we slept great and all in all our trip was A+!!! :dance3:

So be sure to inquire at the Front Desk at HoJo's when you check in IF you indeed need a safe in your room. :thumbsup2

Uh-oh...

I booked a room in Bld. 1 with the retro rate.

I know I'll be needing a safe and I also know that a safe was listed as a room amenity when I booked. (My daughter is a college student and has online classes...we will have a laptop!)

I'm concerned because my trip in in just a few weeks and I don't have time to budget for a different room.

:scared1::scared1:

Jonathan????????

Uh-oh...

I know I'll be needing a safe and I also know that a safe was listed as a room amenity when I booked. (My daughter is a college student and has online classes...we will have a laptop!)

I'm concerned because my trip in in just a few weeks and I don't have time to budget for a different room.

Jonathan????????

You are absolutely right. As we waited for the Sunday night manager to call back … DH pulled out the Amenities book that is in the room and it states right in the book that HoJo's has safes in all the rooms!!

I stayed in Bldg 1 in a 2 queen standard room, and it had a safe. I really thought all the rooms did. I will ask when we check in as I definitely need a safe. We will be staying in a 1 King next time, so I am nervous now.

First of all I do NOT think anyone should be nervous. HoJo's was very accommodating in changing our rooms. Had I known at check-in this room had NO safe, I would have simply asked then.
AND if by chance they cannot change your rooms, remember FD told me that they would keep your items safe at the FD. (Just not an option I wanted.)

So my post 88 is to just make sure if you are indeed bringing any valuables to HoJo's, double check AT check in, that the room you have has a safe in it.

What was confusing to me was when I called down, the FD clerk that initially answered my call said there were no safes in any of the rooms … huh? Having stayed there in the past, I knew that was not true.

Uh-oh...

Jonathan????????

We have stayed in a kids suite in building 1 and we had a safe. I'm very confused!

I think I won't fret about it until I have to. I guess if worse comes to worse we'll use the office safe. ::yes::

Thanks for the report momrek06! This is the first that I have heard about warnings not to leave valuables in your car. I realize that this is always good practice but is there reason for additional caution at the Hojo?

TC.

You are absolutely right. As we waited for the Sunday night manager to call back … DH pulled out the Amenities book that is in the room and it states right in the book that HoJo's has safes in all the rooms!!

This is what I thought too, so I went to their website to double-check the wording there. The website is different than it used to be. I noticed a couple of oddities. Instead of listing room amenities, it breaks this category down by room. OK. Seems like a nice feature. So you click on the room type and it lists which building it's in and what amenities it has. Oddly, the king rooms in building 1 do not have safes listed as an amenity. The king rooms in building 3 (described as King Standard ADA) do have safes listed. Every other room type shown also has safes listed as an amenity, so it seems the king rooms in building 1 are the only exceptions. Also, I cannot find a listing at all for the king rooms in building 2, but I know they exist. So how do you book a king room in building 2 online or even find its list of amenities? And why if all other rooms at Hojos have safes do the king rooms in building 1 not?

Thanks for the report momrek06! This is the first that I have heard about warnings not to leave valuables in your car. I realize that this is always good practice but is there reason for additional caution at the Hojo?

TC.

Honestly, I assume that if I leave valuables in my car anywhere I'm doing so at some risk. There was a rash of car break-ins in the touristy area of Anaheim, i.e. hotel parking lots, sometime within the last year. Hojos was one of the places hit. People staying at other hotels were also affected. The Anaheim PD came up with an informational flyer warning people to empty their cars of valuables. Hojos hands out this flyer with their parking permit at check-in. I figure it's a good reminder because people come from all different places and think about life in different ways. Some people around here still don't think it's necessary to lock their doors, even at night when they're sleeping! :scared1: It's also a nice touch that the warning flyer is stapled right to the parking permit. At least when you place your parking permit in the window, you imply to potential thieves that you've been warned about the danger. Don't know if it would really make any of them stop and think that since you've been warned you've done as suggested and removed all valuables, but you never know...maybe they'll pass on your car assuming it won't be worth it.

TC.

You are very welcome, TC! I think where our cars (at HoJo's) are parked 'outside' as vs driven away by valet into a hotel garage, is probably the reason they ask us and inform us not to leave valuables in the car. I actually think no one should anytime they are traveling whether or not its Disney … just anytime at all. My oldest son just went to Vegas for the weekend, I told him not ot take any valuables with him. My youngest son just went on a cruise to the Bahamas, and I as well told him not to take any valuables with him. Easier that way. Leave your valuables at home and if you take them, use the in room safe at all times.

This is what I thought too, so I went to their website to double-check the wording there. The website is different than it used to be. I noticed a couple of oddities. Instead of listing room amenities, it breaks this category down by room. OK. Seems like a nice feature. So you click on the room type and it lists which building it's in and what amenities it has. Oddly, the king rooms in building 1 do not have safes listed as an amenity. The king rooms in building 3 (described as King Standard ADA) do have safes listed. Every other room type shown also has safes listed as an amenity, so it seems the king rooms in building 1 are the only exceptions. Also, I cannot find a listing at all for the king rooms in building 2, but I know they exist. So how do you book a king room in building 2 online or even find its list of amenities? And why if all other rooms at Hojos have safes do the king rooms in building 1 not?

Wow, very interesting. Hmmm.

TiggerCat, I think it's because of the sheer size of their lot (lots?). Other lots you have to drive/walk right past the lobby, so there's a little more chance of being seen (though the Fairfield might have a similar issue to HoJo, just from the glimpses I've seen of the Fairfield) if you're up to no good.

TiggerCat, I think it's because of the sheer size of their lot (lots?). Other lots you have to drive/walk right past the lobby, so there's a little more chance of being seen (though the Fairfield might have a similar issue to HoJo, just from the glimpses I've seen of the Fairfield) if you're up to no good.

Thanks for the responses to my query. We always make a habit of never leaving valuables in the vehicle. An ounce of prevention is always worth a pound of cure.

TC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter