Holidays with no parks, ideas?

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So we just found out our only family will be in the midst of moving to their new home over the Christmas holiday. So being an AP we looked at the rates and booked a room at Boardwalk for the Christmas weekend. We are blocked out to the parks and not really concerned about that. If anything we would buy a one day ticket to Epcot and do the festival of holidays.
Looking for some ideas as to what to do outside The parks. Thanks

We enjoyed Sangria University at Coronado Springs last year. We did the same as you but for New Years, we weren’t blocked off but didn’t want to be anywhere near the parks during that crazy time. We didn’t set foot in a park until the 2nd and had a great time.

Definitely check out all the gingerbread displays (unpopular opinion but I love beach club’s better than the one at grand Floridian) also the tree stroll at springs is fun

So we just found out our only family will be in the midst of moving to their new home over the Christmas holiday. So being an AP we looked at the rates and booked a room at Boardwalk for the Christmas weekend. We are blocked out to the parks and not really concerned about that. If anything we would buy a one day ticket to Epcot and do the festival of holidays.

Play mini-golf at Fantasia (walkable from Boardwalk), play the carnival games in the evening, book a breakfast or dinner reservation at Topolino's - ride the Skyliner there.

Book Hoop Dee Doo Revue and a holiday sleigh ride for after the show, watch the MK fireworks from the Ft. W beach

Do brunch/lunch/dinner at DS, see the Cirque show.

Tour the deluxe resorts, have dinner/lunch at one of them.

Grand Floridian lobby and Gingerbread House is always a great destination (and have lunch or dinner onsite). Disney Springs is super fun at that time of years, with the Christmas Tree stroll and other festive seasonal food, drinks and activities.

Take the water taxis to all the resorts, all deck out for xmas. go to Disney springs catch the water taxi to port of Orleans and the mansion for the Cajun fried chicken. taxi from Studio to board walk and hit beaches and cream. Wilderness lodge my fav.
fort wildernesses camp ground, catch the wagon ride, at Nite.

We love resort hopping. Agree with looking at all the gingerbread houses and how the resorts are decked out for the holidays.
Our last April trip, we resort hopped looking at all the chocolate eggs. They were amazing.
Miniature golf is another good option.

When at Beach Club, go on over to Yacht Club's lobby. There's a gorgeous snowy village eldctric train layout there.

I must be distantly related to Walt. I like watching the train more than seeing most of the gingerbread displays except BC's carousel.

We do this often. We have Florida Pixie passes and are blocked during the Holidays. We go to see all the decorations
in all the different hotel lobbies. Go to Disney Springs for some shopping. Ride the Skyliner and swing by Boardwalk and Riviera areas.
Headed into Orlando and had Lunch and Golf at Top Golf. Played a round of golf at Oak Trail.
Go to Typhoon Lagoon if it's nice. Last year was too cold. Blizzard Beach would have made more sense;)
If you have a car or want to Uber, Explore Kissimmee.
We did cheat this past year and booked the Christmas party and Epcot's Candlelight Processional, which were both great.

I almost forgot,
Two years ago, we booked a MK Fireworks Cruise. We had 8 people an the boat. That was a nice low stress evening.

Wilderness Lodge is my favorite Christmas resort. I love the decorations in the lobby and Carolwood Pacific Room.

Try restaurants outside the parks - think resorts and Disney Springs.

Walk around different resorts.

I had fun just taking different styles of transportation. What I did one afternoon - Bus to MK, Monorail around, got off at TTC, Ferry to MK, bus to skyliner resort, Friendship boat to other park, shyliner back , and continue doing whatever combination you heart and curiosity desire.

As others have suggested see the decorations at Ft. Wilderness.

Visit the Iron Spike room at the Wilderness Lodge, sit in front of the fireplace in the main lodge.

Sit in the lobby of the GF and just enjoy the view and music. With the walkway open you can walk from the GF to the Magic Kingdom (walking is transportation, too)

I've done several vacations where I've not entered a park and have thoroughly enjoyed all.

We love the Christmas tree stroll at DS. Being at Boardwalk is great, you can see Gingerbread carousel at Beach Club! We honestly just love grabbing a bite to eat at any resort and hang there for the evening. Animal Kingdom Lodge is super pretty at Christmas too and Wilderness Lodge! They usually have photopass photographers taking family pictures in front of the big trees in the lobby

Resort hop during the day though. It’s mobbed and really unpleasant by dinner because everyone is back from the parks. Especially on MK party nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter