Hollywood studio, how to tackle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will booking for April become available for the Star Wars dessert party?

Happy to hear that it is easy enough to get ToT FP same day. It's my favorite ride but i also really want to ride slinky. So I'll hopefully FP slinky and grab ToT as my 4FP. I just can't decide what I want to rope drop. Prob Smugglers Run?

Things are a bit upside down in HS right now. I would probably only do MFSR if I was very early in crowd in the AM. Wait time was 115 at 710 today and currently 75 mins. I’m watching it today to see what happens. RNR and SDD also around the same wait.

Things are a bit upside down in HS right now. I would probably only do MFSR if I was very early in crowd in the AM. Wait time was 115 at 710 today and currently 75 mins. I’m watching it today to see what happens. RNR and SDD also around the same wait.

Just to add to that, RNR still has FP available right now for the last hour of the day, while TOT has FP available for most of the evening.

We are going in June and I am also feeling overwhelmed with planning Hollywood Studios.

However, I wanted to point out a few things. One, Mickey's Railway is opening March 4 and will definitely impact rope drop and FP strategies. MMRR could also change the FP tiering again. Two, there is no guarantee that the Boarding Groups will still be in affect in the spring or summer.

This makes things even harder to plan as there are a lot of unknowns.

If we aren't interested in getting into a boarding group, do we need to be there super early? We are hoping to get a FP for SDD and hit TSM at rope drop. Just curious how long the waits would be for TSM if we're in the back of the pack at rope drop or if we need to make sure we're at the front of the pack.

How are you “checking everyday..”?
Don't know about previous poster, who is going in May, but I have checked every day since my 60 day mark on MDX by saying I want to modify a current FP to a different experience, and see what is available. ToT and RnRC have times available throughout the day. I don't change my FP, but it does let me see what's happening-

Don't know about previous poster, who is going in May, but I have checked every day since my 60 day mark on MDX by saying I want to modify a current FP to a different experience, and see what is available. ToT and RnRC have times available throughout the day. I don't change my FP, but it does let me see what's happening-
Thanks - couldn't delete my post fast enough. Just realized that the PP was likely past the day 60.

https://touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/fastpass-availability updated hourly, usually a few minutes after the hour.

Thanks for the help - I figured tp had something - just haven't been on there much lately. Just re-upped my subscription since we are headed to the world in July so hopefully that will come in handy.

Last edited:
If we aren't interested in getting into a boarding group, do we need to be there super early? We are hoping to get a FP for SDD and hit TSM at rope drop. Just curious how long the waits would be for TSM if we're in the back of the pack at rope drop or if we need to make sure we're at the front of the pack.
I don't have a response, just bumping this because I have the same question.

I have friends visiting DHS for the first time at the end of the month. They're not at all interested in SWGE but very interested in RNRC & ToT, plus Toy Story Land. They have their FPs but one of them is definitely not an early riser. They're thinking they'll arrive at the park by 8:30am ish. Definitely not before RD. Are they in for a world of hurt? I haven't been since all the ROTR chaos so I don't really know what to tell them to expect at that time.

I have friends visiting DHS for the first time at the end of the month. They're not at all interested in SWGE but very interested in RNRC & ToT, plus Toy Story Land. They have their FPs but one of them is definitely not an early riser. They're thinking they'll arrive at the park by 8:30am ish. Definitely not before RD. Are they in for a world of hurt? I haven't been since all the ROTR chaos so I don't really know what to tell them to expect at that time.
You can tell them what I tell my friends who don't rope drop. They'll be waiting in lots of lines!

They will not ride ROTR if they di not get to park at opening to get a BG.

What exactly is Wonderful World of Animation and will it replace the Galactic Spectacular?
It's a projection show that has been running before Galatic Spectacular. Think of it as the Once Upon a Time to MK's Happily Ever After.

We're going in a month and my anxiety around HS is redic. They've also changed the extra magic hours from morning to evening which is a pain as we one of them is the day after we arrive when we assume we'll be jetlagged and up early anyway and the other is the day we leave so miss the extra magic hours! how irritating.

My husband is a massive star wars fan (although i don't care much for it) so think we'll try on our first couple mornings when jetlagged and up early but worried we'll get the boarding pass call and be in epcot and have fast passes!! eek

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter