Hollywood Studios Tour Plan

horse11

DIS Veteran
Please evaluate my Hollywood Studios Tour Plan... We will be at the parks next week and I want to be sure this will work or if it needs tweaking... I do realize this may need to change if we are successful in obtaining a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance... I also realize it is most important to be one of the first hundred people at RD... That unfortunately will need to be determined since we are dependent on the gondola at CBR.
9:00am TOT
9:30am RR
10:00 am Slinky Dog
11:00am Smugglers Run
12- 1:30pm Galaxy Edge ( picture taking of area and shopping while the boys and grandpa do Savi's workshop 12:05 and Astromech Droid at 1:10pm
Muppets 1:40 to 2:10
Star tours 2:10 to 2:30
Sci Fi Lunch 2:30pm
MMRR 4:00 to 5:00pm
Galaxy Edge walking around or possible Boarding on Rise of the Resistance 5:00 to 6:00 pm
oga's Canteen 6:15
anything above that we were not able to get to 7:00pm to 8:pm if we did accomplish everything above then shopping

Good plan. Maybe a bit tight with 20 min for star tours but I think you’ll be a bit ahead of schedule. Fun day!

So zero travel time?
it is included in the time... TOT and RR and literally right next to each other... they let you in before 9am if you are staying on property. Slinky and Smugglers run given 30 minutes to get there and ride... if for some reason it takes longer then we add what we missed to the last hour of the night or we decided if it is worth it to ride and prioritize
Good plan. Maybe a bit tight with 20 min for star tours but I think you’ll be a bit ahead of schedule. Fun day!
Star Tours is one we can do without... if longer than the 20 minutes might not be worth it for us...

it is included in the time... TOT and RR and literally right next to each other... they let you in before 9am if you are staying on property. Slinky and Smugglers run given 30 minutes to get there and ride... if for some reason it takes longer then we add what we missed to the last hour of the night or we decided if it is worth it to ride and prioritize

Star Tours is one we can do without... if longer than the 20 minutes might not be worth it for us...
Actually, since reopening, they let anyone in an hour before park open time, regardless of whether you are staying on property. By 9am, TOT has a 60-90 minute wait. If you want to keep the rest of your schedule, get to the park by 8am. Otherwise, push everything back an hour.

Also skeptical you'll be done on Slinky Dog in an hour.

You should read the thread on Rise of Resistance to help you with your planning how to try to get a virtual queue spot. You can't simply choose to get in line at 5pm. If you manage to get a boarding group, you need to return during your return window, and you won't know when that will be until the day of.

Please evaluate my Hollywood Studios Tour Plan... We will be at the parks next week and I want to be sure this will work or if it needs tweaking... I do realize this may need to change if we are successful in obtaining a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance... I also realize it is most important to be one of the first hundred people at RD... That unfortunately will need to be determined since we are dependent on the gondola at CBR.
9:00am TOT
9:30am RR
10:00 am Slinky Dog
11:00am Smugglers Run
12- 1:30pm Galaxy Edge ( picture taking of area and shopping while the boys and grandpa do Savi's workshop 12:05 and Astromech Droid at 1:10pm
Muppets 1:40 to 2:10
Star tours 2:10 to 2:30
Sci Fi Lunch 2:30pm
MMRR 4:00 to 5:00pm
Galaxy Edge walking around or possible Boarding on Rise of the Resistance 5:00 to 6:00 pm
oga's Canteen 6:15
anything above that we were not able to get to 7:00pm to 8:pm if we did accomplish everything above then shopping
If you get a chance, take a look at the wait times during the days before you leave for your trip. I think you will be surprised (not in a good way) with the wait times. By 10am, SDD is going to be 80 minutes or more. The Muppets line has been 30 minutes or more. So, 30+ minutes to wait in line and then 20 minutes for the show.
I think your logistics are good, I just think it's going to take longer than you currently have planned.

Have a great trip and enjoy not having to wear masks all the time in the heat and humidity! :)

Actually, since reopening, they let anyone in an hour before park open time, regardless of whether you are staying on property. By 9am, TOT has a 60-90 minute wait. If you want to keep the rest of your schedule, get to the park by 8am. Otherwise, push everything back an hour.

Also skeptical you'll be done on Slinky Dog in an hour.

You should read the thread on Rise of Resistance to help you with your planning how to try to get a virtual queue spot. You can't simply choose to get in line at 5pm. If you manage to get a boarding group, you need to return during your return window, and you won't know when that will be until the day of.
When I said 9am it was a general time but basically we will be one of the first ones in line at the Gondola and when ever we get there head straight for TOT. So if it opens at 8am and the Gondola gets us there by then that is the time we will try to get into the park. as far as Slinky Dog if it is too long of a wait then that is when we prioritize or try to ride it at the end of the day... mentioned 5pm for for Rise of the Resistance as possible because if we first were successful in getting a boarding pass but it was during our Sci Fi, Oga Canteen, or Savi then we will try to board at that time which I have been told you can do. However we will have to be flexible and adjust it the boarding pass is at another time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter