Homecomin or Raglan Road?

Octoberbaby

DIS Veteran
First I should mention that we've done Homecomin, and loved it! Now I can't decide if I want to go there again, or try Raglan Road. I've heard great things about RR, but always cancel it. Those of you who have been to both, which of the two is better?

Raglan Road has been an annual " must do" for us since the year it opened. Our last visit in October was so bad - food, seating, service, and entertainment - that we will not be back for awhile. I am looking forward to trying Homecomin'.

Raglan Road is a must do for my family (we've also been to Homecomin', but would choose Raglan Road if we could only pick one). We've not had a bad meal there; the food has always been outstanding and the service has been fair to good. The dancing and live music are always fun to watch. I highly recommend Raglan Road!

I'm in the same boat this Fall . . . having a hard time deciding between the two. Both have excellent food. RR has incredible live entertainment so that gives it the edge. If you go, ask at the podium for a table in the main dining room to enjoy the music & dancing otherwise you may find yourself in a small outlier room. It is loud so a quiet, intimate dinner is out. Conversation is a struggle. Like @Hopefully, RR has been an annual tradition for me but last Fall the service & food was not up to previous years. RR may be a victim of its own success because it has become jam packed and the servers struggle. If possible, do both. If not, check out some youtube videos to at least get a taste of the ambience.

We were underwhelmed by Homcomin's sides although we did like the chicken. Raglan Road has a delicious, diverse menu. We have tried many of their options and loved them all. I would pick Raglan Road.

We were underwhelmed by Homcomin's sides although we did like the chicken. Raglan Road has a delicious, diverse menu. We have tried many of their options and loved them all. I would pick Raglan Road.
I didn't try all of the sides, but I fell in love with the macaroni and cheese. I think I could go and just eat that lol...along with the hush puppies.

The menu at RR has always intrigued me. The scallop forrest, ham with potatoes entree, and bread pudding sounds so good!

I didn't try all of the sides, but I fell in love with the macaroni and cheese. I think I could go and just eat that lol...along with the hush puppies.

The menu at RR has always intrigued me. The scallop forrest, ham with potatoes entree, and bread pudding sounds so good!

Just a note, if you choose Raglan, the bread pudding is AMAZING!! Best desert I've ever had, anywhere!

Just a note, if you choose Raglan, the bread pudding is AMAZING!! Best desert I've ever had, anywhere!

It's what dreams are made of.

We've been going to Raglan Road every trip since it opened and have always had great meals there. I haven't been to Homecoming yet, mostly because we only go to Disney Springs once a trip and we always eat at Raglan Road. It does look good, but I can't give up my bread and butter pudding.

Does anyone ever go to RR and only order the bread pudding? I'm thinking I could do both, but IDK....I've never gone to a restaurant and only ordered dessert.

Raglan Road is amazing! Like you, we put off going for years and I wish we wouldn't have waited so long to try it. It's the first ADR our daughter wanted me to make for our upcoming trip. I've never just ordered dessert at a restaurant before, but you definitely could. If anything is worth a trip just for dessert, it's their bread pudding. I think you should have your meal there too though. The Braised Be Beef, Smokie City appetizer, and Kiss Before Shrimp are all excellent. In our experience, the food, service, and entertainment there is all top notch.

Raglan Road is amazing! Like you, we put off going for years and I wish we wouldn't have waited so long to try it. It's the first ADR our daughter wanted me to make for our upcoming trip. I've never just ordered dessert at a restaurant before, but you definitely could. If anything is worth a trip just for dessert, it's their bread pudding. I think you should have your meal there too though. The Braised Be Beef, Smokie City appetizer, and Kiss Before Shrimp are all excellent. In our experience, the food, service, and entertainment there is all top notch.
Thank you!

This is so hard lol. I know that I loved homecoming, but Raglan Road sounds amazing. I would probably do both if we were staying a full week. Reservations always get the best of me :rotfl2:.

It's what dreams are made of.

We've been going to Raglan Road every trip since it opened and have always had great meals there. I haven't been to Homecoming yet, mostly because we only go to Disney Springs once a trip and we always eat at Raglan Road. It does look good, but I can't give up my bread and butter pudding.

this 100%

We always go to RR- last time there, our honeymoon in 2012, the band "Creel" was performing. Being a bagpiper, i went up to the stage with about 10 requests---about 6 of them made on to their playlist for the rest of the evening.Since then I have been diagnosed with T2 Diabetes- so will be skipping out on the bread pudding. The "Isles" fare is pretty good though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter