• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Homemade AUTOGRAPH books! Heres mine, lets see Yours :)

Vallie

DIS Veteran
I know autograph books are a pretty popular thing, and me and my boyfriend werent gunna do one for our upcoming trip cuz we were a bit worried about being too old but thanks to some DIS encouragement we decided we will be doing autographs so I wanted a cute, different one so I broke up my scrapbook supplies and came up this this!

If anyone else has some pics of thiers I'd love to see!

auto.jpg

While the front and back cover are made of thick chipboard, I still plan on unhooking the cover when we go to the parks, as I dont want it to get ruined! The inside pages is made up of bright rainbow colored cardstock :)

Being on this board I also came across Disney Binders which inspired me to make something similar! I made a small planning notebook that I can take around to the parks with us with all our ADRs, tip,
park hours etc

notebook.jpg

I have some more creations on my PTR if anyone is interested! :)

Great job!!!

We never did get around to making home-made ones. One year we had the characters only sign the right side pages and then when we got home I printed photos of my kids getting those exact autographs and pasted them on the left side page.

So on any two pages when the book is open you'd have the Autograph and a pic from that character greeting.

We are leaving in Sept and we are going to make the kids homemade ones. my SIL and I are big scrapbookers

thanks everyone :goodvibes

i had fun making them! i think it will make a nice little keepsake for us

I bought 8x10 multi-colored card stock, cut it in half & then used those halves to have characters sign. We took a small clipboard and used that as a hard surface for the cards. That way, we can take the cards & use them in the scrapbook I'm working on. I plan on using the signatures on pages with pix of my son with the characters. Should be cute (at least they're cute in my mind!). :wizard:

I didn't physically make DS's, but I digitally created it...

I made a photo book from pictures from DS's previous trip. He got ridiculous amounts of character interaction. I started to feel sorry for the people in line behind us because each character was enthralled with his autograph book. I tried to hurry things along, but the characters, handlers and even those poor people behind us were crazy about the idea! Meeko at AK took the book and walked away from the handler!! :lmao:

So, each character had his/her own page, and I made generic pages in the back for characters DS hadn't met. I already had books made for DS and DNiece for our September trip. :woohoo: DS loves to show off his book, and has taken it to show and tell a couple of times.

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7805.jpg

IMG_7806.jpg

Here are a few characters perusing the book...Meeko loved the pic of Pocahontas, Alice pointed out all of her friends and Mary Poppins told DS how excited she was to be in the next book (since this was the first time he met her).
WDWDec036.jpg

WDWDec165.jpg

WDWDec215.jpg

WOWWEE! that is amazinggg :goodvibes
absolutly beautiful!

no wonder he got so much attention... well that and the fact that he is just the cutest little guy ever!! :lovestruc

These are sooooo cute! The homemade and the digital ones. It would probably be a fun project for kids to make their own too.:cutie:

WOWWEE! that is amazinggg :goodvibes
absolutly beautiful!

no wonder he got so much attention... well that and the fact that he is just the cutest little guy ever!! :lovestruc

Aww, thanks!

He is just so darn proud of all his autographs. He even slept with that book during our trip. :rotfl:

autobooks.jpg

The one on the right was DS's original book. I purchased a 4x6 sketch book and covered it. The one on the left was completely made from scratch using mat board, binding, white paper (for the autographs), and leftover Mickey paper and stickers from our trip.

I made the 2nd one for D-neph who is going to WDW with DS and Dgrands in the fall.

Those are super adorable! I was planning on buying a travel journal and haven't yet found one I love to peices. I think your post has now inspired me to make my own. I love scrapbooking and it seems like a fun thing to do! :)

I didn't physically make DS's, but I digitally created it...

I made a photo book from pictures from DS's previous trip. He got ridiculous amounts of character interaction. I started to feel sorry for the people in line behind us because each character was enthralled with his autograph book. I tried to hurry things along, but the characters, handlers and even those poor people behind us were crazy about the idea! Meeko at AK took the book and walked away from the handler!! :lmao:

So, each character had his/her own page, and I made generic pages in the back for characters DS hadn't met. I already had books made for DS and DNiece for our September trip. :woohoo: DS loves to show off his book, and has taken it to show and tell a couple of times.

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7805.jpg

IMG_7806.jpg

Here are a few characters perusing the book...Meeko loved the pic of Pocahontas, Alice pointed out all of her friends and Mary Poppins told DS how excited she was to be in the next book (since this was the first time he met her).
WDWDec036.jpg

WDWDec165.jpg

WDWDec215.jpg

Wow, your book is amazing!!! can i steal your idea??? My girls have only been once, but this would be a fantastic addition to do every trio! We are surprising them with a trip in a few months and I would love to have these made. Would you mind sending me some pictures and/or tips on how you made it? I have made books like this on snapfish, etc, but how did you do the generic mickey type pages?? There are a lot of characters that we haven't met yet, but will on this next trip, like Tigger, etc.

Her are mine I made for some friends and one for myself

P1040438.jpg

Here is mine:
P1040480.jpg

Inside:
P1040428.jpg

P1040429.jpg

Heres mine, we are adults BUT i wanted to do one anyway....it's made digital with character pics from past trips. While working on it ..it grew and grew and grew...to around 90 pages, then i scaled it down to 76,LOL.
It's divided into sections,Fab 5,Pinocchio,Pooh and friends,Princess's,chip and dale,Peter pan characters,Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderkand characters and Villians..the background pages are mostly basic with a slight Halloween Flair as were going in oct...They have subtle spider webs or a "crackle" effect on them. If the picture isn't full sized it has a quote from that character or Walt Disney next to it. Like Donald Duck and "Aww,Phooey!". Some characters have more than one page like the fab 5. There are about 4-6 pages for them in different outfits. Like Mickey Mouse in halloween Costumes,Chef Mickey attaire etc.... here is a small sample.....Sorry the photos pages have some glare from the flash.

heres the cover
3653246425_deb99e19de_o.jpg

Scarecrow Mickey
3653246161_d5bd27b918_o.jpg

Vampire Mickey
3653246253_d6be08dd9c_o.jpg

Cowboy Goofy
3653245977_c6b2deb003_o.jpg

pooh Bear
3653245913_362f255fc8_o.jpg

and Cinderella and Prince Charming
3653246071_ccf936d00c_o.jpg

These ideas are wonderful! I mean to make my DDs books before each trip, and time just gets away from me.
I always scrapbook autographs when we get home, but this time I am GOING TO make them before we go!
These are inspiring and hopefully they will get me moving on ours!
Keep those pictures coming!
-Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter