• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Homemade AUTOGRAPH books! Heres mine, lets see Yours :)

Thank you!

I downloaded the pictures from someone on the DISboards. After uploading them to Shutterfly, the only thing that was time consuming was trying to get them organized by park.

we organized alphabetical. it was easy without flipping through the pages looking for a certain character.

OMG you all for your awesome inspiration we are going on our first trip in Dec and my kids are so excited!!! I am going to be making some of these amazing books to take along. Thanks again!!!:love::love::love:

Great job, everybody! I made one, too - I wish I took some pictures before giving it to my niece.

So happy I fund this thread! I'm looking for some advice, we are going to be taking my son to Disney next January when he is 18 months. I'm wanting to make him an autograph book, but don't have any old pictures of him with characters of course, so I'd like one where I can add photos from the trip. What is the best way of creating this? Keeping in mind I'm not overly crafty ha ha

So happy I fund this thread! I'm looking for some advice, we are going to be taking my son to Disney next January when he is 18 months. I'm wanting to make him an autograph book, but don't have any old pictures of him with characters of course, so I'd like one where I can add photos from the trip. What is the best way of creating this? Keeping in mind I'm not overly crafty ha ha

I basically did a scrapbook for mine. I had the characters sign 4x6 cards and used and 8x8 photo album. My style is pretty simple and geometric - I think anyone with a printer and a $5 paper trimmer could do it.

100_38291_zps1290e56c.jpg

100_38281_zpsa4d347ac.jpg

100_38271_zps297de503.jpg

100_38261_zpse69f013c.jpg

100_38251_zps45aedafb.jpg

100_38241_zps743b86c9.jpg

100_38231_zpse8517719.jpg

All of our books have used graphics and autographs cards from the awesome DISigners here on the board. I started making them hardbound a few trips ago though and they make for a really nice line up on the bookshelf since I mark the binding by month/year of the trip. Plus we use the same cover graphic for each of them.

I did one as a montage of a good portion of the pics the kids have had with each character over the years too. Although I screwed up a couple pics and didn't notice it until I got the book! LOL oh well!

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AaN2jZs0ZtHNQ

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AaN2jZs0ZtHJA

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AaN2jZs0ZtHUw

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaOXDZs1YuGrtI

Loving all these creative books! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

we organized alphabetical. it was easy without flipping through the pages looking for a certain character.
I also did mine alphabetically. I divided the book into 5 sections, one for each of the four parks and a section at the back which was just generic pages for characters we might meet, didn't expect to meet or wouldn't have gone out of our way to meet. Within each of the park sections I organize them A-Z, but keep 'groups' or pairs together (for example, Chip & Dale get one page and it's under C for Chip. I usually find the page while we are in line and then hand the book to DD with the retractable Sharpie. It works great for us

I made books for my sister and I (plus our two cousins) when we went a few weeks ago. They were made using a bunch of digital scrapbooking pages and elements that I found free online, plus clip art. Then I printed them out on blank 4x6 index cards and had them bound at Office Depot. I made pages for all that characters that I was sure we were going to see (and we only missed 3!) and made several sets of generic pages for each park, and an even more generic celebrating page (seen in the last picture). Opposite from each page, I left a big white hole in the frame so that a picture would fit.

Ok, I've been reading the first few pages of this thread and have seen a lot of nice ideas, but so far this is the one I like the best...not only the nice pages but the binding looks so sturdy. I'm thinking of doing something like this if you don't mind! I had thought to just make blank pages because I don't know for sure who we'll see, but I'm re-thinking making at least a few characters their own page. Disney makes that easy with all the fun scrapbooking supplies. ;) Thanks for sharing all the nice ideas, everyone!

Is it "gauche" to NOT have the beautifully printed color pages with each character's name and picture (per some of the lovely examples seen here)? I thought it would be simple and easy to just have plain cardstock and then when we got home, I could match pictures to the autographs and add those onto the cardstock pages, plus a bit of scrapbookin' stuff (I am incredibly NON-CREATIVE) and finish the book (add some ribbons to cover the rings, etc.)

Your thoughts?

I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all. I haven't started a book yet but I'm undecided as far as making the book beforehand and dragging it along, or just bringing blank pages. Maybe blank pages. The book'll be for me (don't have kids so no stroller to cram with junk) and I don't want to carry more than I'm already planning to take: digital SLR, small camcorder, water bottle, snacks, hat.

Plus I'll need something when I get home to help banish the post-WDW blues, so that's where the autograph book could come in. Although I'll be doing a regular trip scrapbook with photos so...I'm not sure. Boy, I'm not a lot of help, am I? ;) But seriously, your idea sounds good - simple but a nice end result. It's probably what I'll end up doing.

These books are awesome!

One year I cut fabric squares in different colors for each child (we have three) and had the characters sign with fabric pens. When we got home, I made blankets for each with Disney fabric. They sleep with them every night still, two trips and 2 years later!

I am looking for monster ink design for my son Blake and Princess Sophia for my daughter. Any help would be great, we leave for our cruise on October 6th. Thank you!!

I've been pondering autograph books (for FAR too long now) and I think I've come up with something easy:

8-1/2 x 11" cardstock cut in half for inside pages
Cardboard cover - covered with solid paper and color pictures (printed on cardstock) for each girl - Arial for one and Aurora for the other plus a few ribbons and/or jewels or something
Loose-leaf binder rings to keep everything together

Is it "gauche" to NOT have the beautifully printed color pages with each character's name and picture (per some of the lovely examples seen here)? I thought it would be simple and easy to just have plain cardstock and then when we got home, I could match pictures to the autographs and add those onto the cardstock pages, plus a bit of scrapbookin' stuff (I am incredibly NON-CREATIVE) and finish the book (add some ribbons to cover the rings, etc.)

Your thoughts?

Hi there. When my daughter was younger and interested in autographs, I purchased a small art journal hardcover book. It had perforated pages. We had all of her autographs done in the bound journal. After we got home, I removed the pages at the perforation and scrapbooked them along with photos. I did not want to spend time ahead of the trip trying to plan for every possible character and try to keep a nice 'perfect' book intact while walking around the park.

I've also just taken a stack of cardstock and a small clipboard and used those.

Both of these ways, you can make a book once you get home and only scrapbook or fancy up the autographs based on the characters you are able to find.

I have also imaged the autographs into pdf's and put them into digital photo album along with other trip photos.

Either way, just do something that is fun for you! The characters will not be offended in any way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter