Homework help with Mexico?

CindyCan

DIS Vet really since 1997
I realize this is off topic here, and I hope you all don't mind. I posted this on the Community board first, and it was suggested that I try this board. I know the Canadian board gets OT questions about Canada, so I hope it's okay!

DD11 is working on a project about Mexico & wants to be able to tell her class how much a couple of standard items cost in Mexico compared to here.

She's looking for prices in pesos for basic things, like milk or bread or tomatos or Coke, and only wants maybe 2 examples. She does need the size, though, in order to compare (like 1L of milk, or 2L bottle of pop, etc.). Anyone here shopped in Mexico recently?!?

I did alot of searching, but I can only find online stores that are selling in US funds to travellers. I also found a neat site that was trying to get input for comparing world prices, but it only had 2 or 3 entries that were years old.

TIA for any help!!

You can try http://www.superama.com.mx/default.html but maybe it will be a little difficult for you because the language, and because at the beggining the page asks you to search the closest store (you can try 54080 at "codigo postal" window, then choose any "Colonia" option and then any "tienda" option)

Here you will be able to search for any article you want. Try to use some online translator, google and altavista are good choices.

I just do a quickly search and find some examples:
Milk, 1 litre, $8.70
Coke, 1 litre, $8.50 (wow! I never realized that the coke costs almost like the milk!)
tomatoes, 1 kilogram, $45

Hope this helps!!

Thanks, Jorge! That's perfect! Here, our milk is also just a bit more expensive than Coke.

Thank you again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter