Honest opinions about onboard shows on DCL Fantasy

I get the "jukebox" musical format as they are trying to showcase a bunch of Disney music, but Believe is a tragedy of ambition. They put up that stupid plant graphic at the beginning, and it just collapses from there. By the time "What Makes a Garden Grow?" starts, even my kiddos (ages 10, 8 and 5) start snickering. Aladdin is hardly anyone's favorite Disney film, and it's been playing since the mid-Jurassic. It's high time to refresh the entertainment on the Fantasy.

My favorite shows are Tangled and BATB, and they are not on Fantasy.

We’ve had great Genies in Believe show, and I enjoy Aladdin a lot.

I always try to keep in mind that the shows on DCL are for my kids to enjoy. If DW and I happen to like it, all the better. Take a look around the theater and probably 1/3 of the people there are under the age of 10. I know my kids are largely interested in seeing their favorite characters on stage and hearing favorite songs they know by heart. They don't necessarily care about the story, or that it show is just scenes from different movies pieced together.

I do think the newer "single movie" shows are better and probably appeal much more to most adults. There is certainly a trend towards more of those type of shows.

Oh, and my least favorite show would have to be Twice Charmed. That one I would probably not sit through again. ;)

TC is actually my favorite! Even now, ds21 who hasn’t cruised with us in almost 5 years, could probably still sing the words to “It’s Never Too Late”. This is probably my favorite because the Magic was our first Disney cruise, along with Disney Dreams and Golden Mickeys. We were getting tired of GM for a while (10 out of 20 cruises were pre Dream/Fantasy days.) Once we sailed on the Fantasy a few times, we came to really appreciate the awesome shows on the Magic all over again. :cloud9::lovestruc

It took all my strength to not walk out on the Fantasy show that depicts kids graduating HS and dancing around wearing inner tubes with lots of song remixes. I really tried to give it another chance and now I'm certain, never again!

Aladdin - OK show, but (for me) seeing it twice is enough.
Believe - sort of a re-do of Dreams, and not very successful.
Wishes - the only thing it had going (for me) was it was about Disneyland (not a lot of acknowledgement of us west coasters onboard DCL).

I have to agree, I really didn't care for the Fantasy shows either. We are sailing on the Fantasy again next Jan. and I'm thinking about skipping the shows and doing the Aquaduck instead. This will be our 5th cruise and we've never skipped any shows before, but I just don't think I can sit through the shows on it again. We were on the Wonder last month and I LOVE the shows on the Wonder. We went to Frozen twice, we were lucky to have it play in the afternoon in addition to the night shows. I'd book a cruise on the Wonder just to see it again!

We were on the Fantasy last week. We enjoyed Aladdin and Wishes, though Wishes did have a strange storyline. Believe was awful, the story line was weird and not put together very well. I didn't mind all the different songs from the movies but couldn't put it together with the story line. I don't think I'd go see that one again. I usually enjoy musical productions, that one was just too weird for me.

I rather watch the guy at Waffle House cook pancakes than watch The opening night show on the Fantasy.

I rather watch the guy at Waffle House cook pancakes than watch The opening night show on the Fantasy.
That counts as a show? If it does, then yes, I agree with you, despite not having stepped into a Waffle House in nearly 30 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter