Honeymoon In November

irishone1979

Loves all, Serves God
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :jester:
My FH and I are going on our Honeymoon November. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge because he loves the outdoors. We have the Grand Honeymoon Plan and so alot of romantic stuff comes with it. I was wondering if any of you had any ideas on some romantic stuff you can do on your honeymoon that doesn't come in a plan.
Also, do you still get Disney Honeymoon watches in you package or not? Just wondering :-)
Thanks!
Heather K.
11/9/02

Congrats!!!!

Looks like I'm right behind you..Honeymooning December 11th-18th @ WL. The one thing I am going to do is send a box full of goodies :smooth: ahead USPS to be put in our room before we arrive. Filled with my FH favorite snacks, Christmas light to decorate the balcony, his wedding gift from me as well as a few other things *wink, wink* that I don't want him to see until we arrive.

can't wait to get there

Disneymooners:Pinkbounc

Congrats to you too! I am looking forward to the break in reality as much as it being a honeymoon :-)
I am writing poems to him for every day that we are there and I am going to sneek them onto his bed every morning while he is in the shower or something. I already finished them and now I am stumped as to what else I can do.
Thanks for the idea of the goodies, that's great! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hey we are also honeymooning in november. Even though we are only doing the discovery magic plan, I've been trying to come up with little things to surprise my DH. Here are a couple of ideas...

Having a small wedding cake in the room upon arrival.
Taking a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness.
Dancing in the moonlight at the Poly after the fireworks or water pagent.
Finding the wishing well by the castle.
A quiet in room candlelit dinner.

Hope these help. I know I'm really looking forward to our honeymoon and no matter what we do we'll have a great time. Have fun.

Having a wedding cake in your room. How are you doing that? Do you ask your Coordinators? Just wondering because mine aren't very good at getting back with me when I ask them stuff. I am spending a lot of money on this Honeymoon and have no clue what is going on. Anyway, that's just my frustration talking :-)
I have written him poems for everyday that we are there (I love to write and poems are easy for me) I also bought him tons of Pins from the Disney store because they were 50% off right now and he really likes them. :-) Plus I bought extras of some so that we can trade with other people while we are there. He likes the idea of having something collectible that will be worth something someday.
Thanks for your ideas! They sound great!!

Heather

I have heard to bring your own radio and candles as the lighting can be rather bright in hotel rooms. Although be careful you don't burn the hotel down.:rolleyes: How about an illuminations cruise? A picture in front of the castle. Good luck.

The cruise comes in our package as well as photography session in our choice of Theme Parks (we picked Magic Kingdom)
As for the radio, I bought a small portable one because I made some cd's with romantic songs on them. I wasn't aware you could have candles in you room, so that is a good idea :-) I have TONS of candles. :-)
Thanks for the ideas!!

Heather K

I'm still working out how to do the cake. I would say if you have a coordinator that they would be your best bet. If you are staying conceirge I would contact them if the coordinator is a little slow. Another option would possibly be to contact the GF bakery directly (lots of people recomended them) and arrainge it. Since I don't have a conceirge (wish we could but couldn't afford it) and my TA is no help I'm going to first try to contact guest services at the Poly and if that doesn't work call the GF bakery myself.

I didn't think of the radio bit. That's a good idea. I could take the tapes my DH made to play at our wedding.

I'm glad I found this thread..... we're going on our honeymoon on November 10 and I was trying to come up with some ideas of stuff to do as well... We'll also be there on DH's b-day

Congrats to all the up & coming newlyweds!!!

Hubby & I are having our much belated (10 years) honeymoon in Nov 2003. Our youngest just graduated HS so now it's our time!!! I'm not up on the abbreviations yet here can you tell me what the GF bakery is? Is it the Grand Floridian? We will be camping in our camper at FW. I am so looking forward to this since DH grew up in a cave (as I always tease him...not really). LOL He has never been to anything even remotely close to WDW. This will be so much fun! Wonder if we can have anything special done for a surprise for him at the campground/site.

:wave:

The GF means Grand Floridian :) As for surprising him with something at the campground, I am not sure. I have never stayed there before and I don't know how they handle things there.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
I know you will have a wonderful time!!

Heather K (soon to be Heather S)

Thanks...that's what I thought it meant. I will probably have to come up with something on my own for a surprise. I have plenty of time to think on it. Thanks!

Montana,
Something I did for my FH was write poems for every day that we are there. (I love to write so it was easy for me) Another thing I did was buy a bunch of Pins from our local Disney Store so that while we are at WDW he can trade them with other people and get some really nice ones. (The Disney Store by me was having a 50% off sale of the Pins). Something else is I am having krispy kreme donughts delivered to our room because those are his favorite donughts in the world. There are all sorts of things that you can do :-) It just takes imagination. Good luck!

Thanks...I had read your earlier posts. Unfortunately poems would be thought of as sappy to him...we're talking non-romantic cowboy here! Pins are out as they would be a "waste of money". I'm the collector...he only wants things he can use. Trouble maker! LOL He's probably one of the hardest people to shop for Christmas, etc. Like I said I have a year to work on this.... I make crafts for a living, on top of working the ranch...so I think I'm "crafty enough" to come up with something LOL;) He's all ready decided that this whole trip won't be to his liking. After all there are no mountains, or horses (ones he can just jump on & go with), or cows at WDW. He wouldn't go on the trail ride since it is just a guided walk. He was born on a horse... or so he says... LOL He breaks horses, & rode broncs & bulls in the rodeo for years! It would be beneath him to take the guided walking horse trail ride. I went on it 2 summers ago tho & I thought it was very relaxing. He even asked if we could bring our horses with us! I asked they said no. I want to go on the Dolphins in Depth tour but since I don't know how to swim I don't know if they will let me. He just wrinkled his nose at that idea. But I know he would love it once he actually did it. So what I will do is just schedule things & take him & tell him what we will do when we get there. Sneaky lil' poop ain't I? But I know he will have a blast once he tries it. Getting him to try it with advanced notice will be much harder. He's never been ANYWHERE!!!! Biggest thing he's ever been to is the state fair in Billings! So you see I have my work cut out for me! All I know is it will have to be something adventuresome & fun...to me that is ALL of WDW!!!! I can't wait to get there!!!

I understand completely. My FH i smore romantic than some, I am the one that has a problem with it :) Working on a ranch, my dream job for someday :) I keep telling my FH that he needs to buy me horses, but we have no place to put them, our backyard isn't big enough :)
There is this thing at the Garden Grill at Epcot that I think would be a nice thing and something semi-romantic, but not too bad. They call it a rehitching ceremony and you do just that, get rehitched. I don't know how it all works, but I will let you know when we get back from our trip. We are doing it on one of the days that we are there.
I know what you mean about the horserides. They probably would be too tame for him. They do have carriage rides, though. Don't know if that is an option for you or not.
The dolphins in depth looks like a great tour. I tried to get us in and it didn't work- they were booked solid. I don't think you have to know how to swim to do that. It shouldn't be a problem at all. I would look into it at least.
Well, I will keep thinking of ideas for you and when I get back I know that I will have more.

Heather

Heahter, I don't know if you'll have time to check this since you're getting married this weekend, but CONGRATS!! And we'll see you either Sunday night at Ciirque de Soleil or Monday morning at the Keys to the Kingdom Tour!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter