• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop-Dee-Doo questions

That is our favorite Six Bits. Sadly, I think he has moved on but we always enjoyed him.

Oh really? I saw him in May and LOVED him!

The fried chicken was above average. So are the sides. The only thing that left me feeling like it was subpar was the strawberry shortcake dessert. My 5 yo laughed harder than we did. Totally worth it. Just for the wonderfully themed interior.

That's funny, I found the fried chicken salty and the strawberry shortcake to be one of the standouts when I was there. Still a solid meal and show all around though and one of my favorite things in WDW.

We loved the fried chicken in our family! And the potatoes, cornbread and especially the strawberry shortcake. Found the ribs a little messy, but that's just me and ribs generally. We love the show - even the boys when they were teenagers were enthused. Now we all just enjoy. We go every couple of years.

I read somewhere that HDDR has a salmon or fish option for people who don’t eat chicken/pork. I don’t know if that is true or if it is still available - the menu online only lists the normal menu plus plant-based option. I’d prefer the salmon if it was an option….

I read somewhere that HDDR has a salmon or fish option for people who don’t eat chicken/pork. I don’t know if that is true or if it is still available - the menu online only lists the normal menu plus plant-based option. I’d prefer the salmon if it was an option….
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Also, is this an instance where we should email Disney about before our trip? If so what's the email and how far in advance should we email?

That is our favorite Six Bits. Sadly, I think he has moved on but we always enjoyed him.

As best as I can see this photo I’m pretty sure this is our favorite Six Bits and we saw him on July 5. We are always so happy when he is doing the role.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Also, is this an instance where we should email Disney about before our trip? If so what's the email and how far in advance should we email?
I had Hoop Dee Doo reservations a while back and my wife has an allergy and would also prefer salmon or grilled chicken. I also read somewhere that due to its location to notify them before in case they needed to get ingredients there I guess. I went into the app and did a chat and the cast member told me it wasn’t necessary for me to try and reach someone before hand and to notify them on check in and when I checked in on the app as well. I kind of got the feeling that the person on chat was very busy and didn’t realize I was talking about Hoop De Doo. I didn’t question as we are frequently at Disney and never had an issue anywhere on property with an allergy even quick service. As it turns out we had to cancel that dinner and never went to Hoop De Doo so I never found out. Recently we were at a signature restaurant and the chef came out to discuss my wife’s allergy’s and in speaking with him we were saying how accommodating everywhere in Disney is and the chef said that anyplace would do what they can BUT some out of the way restaurants at times might just not have the ingredients on hand.
So we have a reservation for our upcoming September trip now and I’m following here to see if anyone has first hand experience

As best as I can see this photo I’m pretty sure this is our favorite Six Bits and we saw him on July 5. We are always so happy when he is doing the role.
I hope that’s the case. He wasn’t there when we were there in early June and I heard he had moved on. I hope we just hit his day off and we’ll see him next time.

Hoop Dee Doo has been a longtime favorite of ours. Food is very good for what it is and especially considering it's done banquet-style. But the show is really what we go for. It's just pure silliness, and I love it every time.

As far as "dress code," park-casual is fine. I'm usually a person who likes to dress a tad nicer for dinner, but on our last trip we lost track of time at Animal Kingdom before our HDD res, and we went straight there in park clothes. We were sweaty, kids had stains.... it was not my finest moment as a mom 😂 but it was all good. I noticed a lot of other people dressed casually too, and my kids ice-cream stains didn't keep them both from getting on stage!

Really? He was there in May!

Not sure if this is still the case, but last May the show was dark on Mondays and Tuesdays. We love HDDR and plan on doing it when we return in early October.

We will be there in September...it's always one of our favorite things! This years party is 10. You won't be able to miss us because we will all be wearing the same shirts. :)

Oh really? I saw him in May and LOVED him!

That's funny, I found the fried chicken salty and the strawberry shortcake to be one of the standouts when I was there. Still a solid meal and show all around though and one of my favorite things in WDW.
Best deal in DW. Dinner and a show.

Booked Hoop for our September trip very excited.
I think they applied my AP discount when I checked out on the website but really didn’t pay attention. I seem to remember someone said that you pay full price then when you check in they refund you discount? Anyone know how this works?
Also we have a car and will be driving over to Ft Wilderness and was just watching a vlogger who went and they took a bus from the parking to Pioneer Hall?? Do you have to take a bus or is it walkable?

I think they applied my AP discount when I checked out on the website but really didn’t pay attention. I seem to remember someone said that you pay full price then when you check in they refund you discount? Anyone know how this works?
Also we have a car and will be driving over to Ft Wilderness and was just watching a vlogger who went and they took a bus from the parking to Pioneer Hall?? Do you have to take a bus or is it walkable?
Correct, you pay full price when you book. After you check in go to the window and get your discount applied. As far as parking in the main lot. I would definitely take the bus from there. I personally don't consider it walkable :)

Love, love, love the salad and cornbread!

There is no parking at Pioneer Hall (except for golf carts). Everyone has to park at the front and take a bus there. Give yourself enough time to check in at the gate (line is often long), find a spot (occasionally we have been sent to an overflow space), wait on a bus, and get there.

It is not walkable. For one, it's a busy road with RV's, buses, and golf carts but it would also be at least a mile, if not longer.

The easiest - and most scenic - way of getting there is boat from MK. The boat dock is right near Pioneer Hall. Just in case it lines up with your plans to use that instead.

Enjoy the show!

As above, before or after you check in, go to the window and show your ID and AP. They’ll refund the discount amount to the CC used to pay for the adr.
In addition to the internal bus from the parking lot at the entrance and the boat from MK, there’s a bus from WL to the Settlement at FW, where HDD is. You can’t park at WL for HDD, but if you wanted to visit WL before HDD you could bus or boat from MK to WL and then bus from WL to FW.

BTW a Minnie Van can take you directly to the HDD location. Uber/Lyft drop off at the FW entrance so from there guests have to take the internal bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter