Hotel breakfast changes

The prices aren't on the website, you do have to call - but the very fact that they even advertise that you can get room only is something new.

If you're going to always stay on site then you'd be better off getting Classic passes and ordering via post before you go - we've just done this and it was so easy (see AP by post thread) and much cheaper - if you get 5 you'll get 20% discount plus 15% shareholder discount. We got 5 passes for just under £400. Staying on site means you'll still get EMH and no block out days. To give you an idea of prices, 2 nights this October was £277 for HNY and £546 for DLH. Obviously this will change next year - but i'm going to risk it anyway as the package prices are just getting out of hand. At least I'll only have the room rate to try and secure nearer the time.

Thanks for that. I think I'll give them a call and find out the prices. We wouldn't be able to get 5 APs as there are only 4 of us and so you can't get the discount. I can't get them for Mum and Dad as they don't live at our address (and they do check!). Supertrips are doing a deal on APs atm, Fantasy for the 3 of us (me, and DDs (2 ad/1ch) for £355, which is cheaper than buying from DLP direct even with my SH discount. I'll have a look at the Classic APs online - I can't order at the moment though as we don't go until May! I have a horrible feeling we'll see a change to APs in November (think it's then that they normally review them). I agree with you, package prices are just becoming horrendous - when we first started travelling to DLRP, the DLH was usually around £1200-£1300 per room (this included all our party, 6 of us, but both children were free due to age). Now we are looking at around £1800+, that's a huge increase. And, they are putting the Compass Club and Golden Forest Club into less and less offers too. I think once they start giving breakfast with Club level, they'll eventually have them like the Castle Club - not included in any package offers.... Watch this space.

I've told mum I'm happy to stay at SQL (I really like it) but she wants to stay at the DLH, for potentially the last time for us, as prices are just out of hand and while it's not big shake, I think the fact we have now have to budget for breakfast of some description adds to that feeling.

Well, I called them and they said the have no room only prices or AP prices for next May yet! Will be early November apparently - seems a bit odd as it's not that far away. I've just double checked, SH is only 10% discount so definitely not worth doing.

I mentioned I'd heard that the APs may be changing and the CM just went silent on the phone and didn't comment one way or another.

Funnily enough there are no 'classic' rooms in DLH showing online anymore, but she was able to get me a price for one on the UK deal (£1881 for ONE PERSON), the Irish deal has no classic rooms left but does have terrace rooms and they are cheaper than the UK deal (£1610 for ONE PERSON). At this rate, it's definitely going to be cheaper to go to Florida or even Tokyo lol! I am going to take a gamble and hold off for the French site offers.... then look at a combo of APs etc if necessary. It's turning into a full time occupation trying to book a 4 night break!

Supertrips are doing a deal on APs atm, Fantasy for the 3 of us (me, and DDs (2 ad/1ch) for £355, which is cheaper than buying from DLP direct even with my SH discount.

Thanks for this, I had no idea you could purchase cheaper APs elsewhere....any idea how long the Fantasy AP is discounted for?

I want 5 for December, but want to purchase as late as possible so we can use them the following December as well.

Sorry, I have no idea how long the deal will last. I presume if DLRP increase the price/change the APs before Christmas, then the Supertrips ones will last until they run out (or can't sell them anymore). I have seen them on offer before at a lower price than this but I think this is as low as they get now.

I know you have 6 months to activate them once you buy them. So there's nothing to stop you buying them now and activating at your trip in December - that way they'll run until next December (a year from when you first activate). Wish I could buy mine now - I have a horrible feeling any new changes will come in before I can buy!

Just read this through ..... planning on going next year for the 25th after 5 years abstinence ..... think I might need to prepare myself for the prices! :scared1:

We bought ours through Supertrips this year, activated in August so we should get two summer holiday trips out of them. But even if we don't visit again, we'll have saved a huge amount compared to one onsite stay, plus with the Dream and Fantasy you still get EMH of course.

Keep an eye on their Facebook page too as they sometimes have offer codes to save a little more.

Ok, I've read through most of this and I feel that everything I knew about booking for DLP had flown out of the window!

How does this breakfast charge affect the old "one adult with an annual pass adding on to a separate package booking" scenario?? If I book a room for me and two children, and husband has an annual pass, can he still be added on at arrival?

I'm assuming that if I booked the package with breakfast included, he's have to pay the cost of breakfast each day rather than just the local taxes as previously? Is that how I'm interpreting it?

Obviously we have no idea what changes are being made to the annual passes - could it be that 'hotel breakfasts' could be a perk of the Cream annual pass or is that unlikely?

I know no one necessarily knows the actual answer to any of this, but do we have any genuine ideas?

C x

Its all an unknown at the moment but the general feeling is that they are going to do away with the option to add on people at check in. Even if they did allow it they would probably have to pay for breakfast rather than just the local tax.

One thing that is unknown is whether they will ask people to book the breakfasts as a meal deal which may mean having to book for every night of your stay and for every person in the party the same as other meal plans - I suspect this is what will happen rather than allowing for example parties to book breakfast for 2 people for 3 nights - when they have 4 in the party and staying for 5 nights for example

Agree with SW. I had initially felt it might have been an adhoc basis for booking breakfast, but Disney would have no control over it then. They'll want to know how many, what days etc. So I think it will be you have to book for every day you are there.

Agreed about the room tax route too - I've read rumours it will go and it doesn't surprise me (although it's a shame). Disney really can't make any money out of this loophole!

I just wish we knew what was happening rather than getting leaks and rumours. It makes it really hard to plan trips lol!

I'd say it's almost 99% unlikely that AP holders will get breakfast tbh. In fact, the way things are going, it could be that APs shoot up in price and things like VIP parade slots etc become part of the perks rather than anything to do with hotels. As remember, the majority of AP holders will not even stay in the hotels onsite - many stay off, most don't stay at all as they are local.

Thanks both. I guess it's worked out well for us that we're not planning on a trip until January / February 2018, which are no where near available to book yet!! lol So by the time those dates come up, maybe we'll have some definite answers. And knowing how the deals fluctuate throughout the year, it's unlikely we'd have to rush into booking so we can see what happens with others...

It's very frustrating though!

C x

It's very frustrating though!

You are so right!

I have to go the first week in January and I do not know what to do and when to book and even what to book at the moment!

The CM at the chat told me that if you add some people with APs to your booking they have to pay for breakfast. But they do not told me what will happen when they will not take part at the breakfast.

Everything is very frustrating at the moment for me.

:(

I would assume adding people with AP's to a booking will work in the same way it currently does at DCR. We did this and paid tax per night for each additional adult, free for children. If we had wanted breakfast we would have paid extra for all who wanted it.
We did have a meal plan for that one booked adult over a four night stay. This gave us 4 x breakfast vouchers (which we used on one morning of our stay) and 4 x dinner vouchers which we used on dinner for 4 of us on one night.

What I don't get is I booked sql before the breakfast cut off. And after a certain date you don't get breakfast unless you add the breakfast option.

Here is my dilemma. For the plaza up charge it seems the same for all hotel guests regardless of situation. Which there are 3.

Breakfast included
Breakfast excluded
Breakfast package

So it seems like the folks that don't have breakfast pay the same supplement.

This has been discussed earlier in the thread - The prices on the info about the character breakfast (currently at Cafe Mickey and to be at Plaza Gardens after March) only go up to 28th March which is when the charges for breakfast come in. My feeling is that the price structure for this will change after this date. It may be a supplement for those with the breakfast plan or may be they have to pay full price same as anyone else and lose the breakfast voucher for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter