Hotel Cancellation and ADR bookings question

monstermash23

Mouseketeer
Someone in our group wants to change their hotel reservation. But we just made dining reservations with it, many fall into the 60+10 category but not inside the 60 day mark yet. Can we cancel/change this hotel room without affecting our ADR’s? Or should we wait to make changes until all our reservations are within the 60 day window?

Thanks for any and all help!

Last edited:
I don't know the answer, but I read about what happened with MS. I think the least they can do is make sure your dining reservations remain intact.

I don't know the answer, but I read about what happened with MS. I think the least they can do is make sure your dining reservations remain intact.

I agree. I was going to wait until the supervisor and ask him/her this question but figured I’d get a faster answer here. Still haven’t had the call from supervisor yet but I’m going to call tomorrow in the AM and start pressing.

Reactions: rlk
I asked once, several years ago, and was told that ADRs aren't touched when a hotel reservation is changed/cancelled. They told me that it's because you may have changed to staying with friends offsite, and are still planning to be at WDW.

On site, but switching from DVC points only room at Saratoga to a cash split stay at some on-site hotels, non-dvc.
while ADRs should not be attached to your room (so changing should have no effect, stranger things have Happened). changing from DVC to cash should not matter, your ADRS should be fine.

ADRs are completely stand alone items. They are not, and never have been attached to anything except an MDE account. Anyone can make ADRs regardless of if they have a resort reservation, park reservations or even tickets. The ONLY thing a resort reservation does in regards to ADRs is open the window for the entire reservation timeframe. Once the ADR is made, though, there is no further check made. Meaning you can change or cancel the resort reservation to your heart's content without affecting the ADR.

Remember, if you make ADRs, but then cancel the whole trip, those ADRs will not be automatically canceled and you will be charged the $10/person no-show fee if you don't cancel them yourself.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter