• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotels that have connecting doors/adjoining rooms within walking distance?

Doing a dry run ahead of time is a great idea. It will really help things go more smoothly that early in the morning!
You know your family best and how easy/hard it will be to get them up and going for your MM. I tend to agree with you that Thursday might be better since your family will have more energy and momentum going. (Also, if something goes wrong and you can't get everyone up in time or if the parking plan goes awry, you'll still have Saturday in your back pocket.) M&F does open 90 minutes before MM (all parking info here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/), but there will be a line of cars waiting even before 6:30 am. How long a line? It shouldn't be super long, but there will be cars already waiting. Ask in a new thread closer to your dates once the Spring Break crowds really get going.
Thank you! Just want to clarify one thing noted above...M&F opens 90 minutes before MM/EMH time or 90 mins before regular park opening time? Just trying to clarify how early to leave...if MM is 7am & regular opening is 8am does the garage open at 6:30am or 5:30am? Guessing we need to leave no later than 6am if the garage opens at 6:30am???

Thank you! Just want to clarify one thing noted above...M&F opens 90 minutes before MM/EMH time or 90 mins before regular park opening time? Just trying to clarify how early to leave...if MM is 7am & regular opening is 8am does the garage open at 6:30am or 5:30am? Guessing we need to leave no later than 6am if the garage opens at 6:30am???

From the above link:
Operating Hours
Parking locations for the theme parks open one hour prior to the published/scheduled Disneyland Park opening time. On days featuring Magic Morning Early Admission, the Toy Story Parking Area and the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure open 90 minutes before published opening time at Disneyland Park.

Again, ask in a new thread about what time you need to be at M&F for your MM. Explain your situation and ask exactly what you're asking here. People who've parked there recently for a MM will be able to give you more information.

It looks like there's an ART stop by that hotel. Have you considered that option?
yes we are considering ART but my experience although many many years ago was pretty flawed! There were so many stops & the ART bus would already be full so I'm worried with our group size(10 total!) that we wouldn't make it in line at the gates early enough especially for a 7am MM! Also seem to remember that they didn't run around lunchtime & took a break for an hour or so?.. Any experience with ART you can share?@pharmama I need to read up on old threads about ART here on the DIS before completely ruling it out!

From the above link:
Operating Hours
Parking locations for the theme parks open one hour prior to the published/scheduled Disneyland Park opening time. On days featuring Magic Morning Early Admission, the Toy Story Parking Area and the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure open 90 minutes before published opening time at Disneyland Park.

Again, ask in a new thread about what time you need to be at M&F for your MM. Explain your situation and ask exactly what you're asking here. People who've parked there recently for a MM will be able to give you more information.
Thank you for clarifying! I definitely will be checking back & asking questions in the next two weeks before our trip to get thoughts from other spring breakers. :)

This thread is from last summer, but has lots of detailed information for you: Parking plans and where to RD. OP also was driving and has a large family, trying to swing a MM. Work your way through this carefully, taking notes on the parts that are relevant for you. Then start a new thread with any specific questions or to double check your info and final plan.
Thank you! Definitely going to study this now & bookmark for reference later!

yes we are considering ART but my experience although many many years ago was pretty flawed! There were so many stops & the ART bus would already be full so I'm worried with our group size(10 total!) that we wouldn't make it in line at the gates early enough especially for a 7am MM! Also seem to remember that they didn't run around lunchtime & took a break for an hour or so?.. Any experience with ART you can share?@pharmama I need to read up on old threads about ART here on the DIS before completely ruling it out!

I have not personally used ART in a long time as I usually stay in walking distance but others on here do use it with generally positive feedback. I think they have diversified the routes a bit and made more routes with fewer stops to alleviate some of the issues you mention. Your route has 2 stops before your hotel, one of which is Garden Walk where I doubt many people will get on as it's more of a shopping/dining stop (https://rideart.org/routes-and-schedules/manchester-ave-line/) so I don't think the bus would be super full by the time it got to you but I hear you-10 people is a lot. The website says they run every 30 minutes all day. I don't recall a midday pause when I last used ART either but as I said- it was a long time ago. While the driving and parking plan is definitely do-able it also is going to take some time.

I have not personally used ART in a long time as I usually stay in walking distance but others on here do use it with generally positive feedback. I think they have diversified the routes a bit and made more routes with fewer stops to alleviate some of the issues you mention. Your route has 2 stops before your hotel, one of which is Garden Walk where I doubt many people will get on as it's more of a shopping/dining stop (https://rideart.org/routes-and-schedules/manchester-ave-line/) so I don't think the bus would be super full by the time it got to you but I hear you-10 people is a lot. The website says they run every 30 minutes all day. I don't recall a midday pause when I last used ART either but as I said- it was a long time ago. While the driving and parking plan is definitely do-able it also is going to take some time.
Thank you for clarifying! I definitely need to do some research as it's been probably 12+ years since we have used ART as we like to stay in walking distance for obvious reasons but this trip was a last minute planned surprise courtesy of my parents to celebrate my Dad's retirement so we couldn't find anything closer available for our group size without it getting very expensive & complicated. :( @pharmama Do you happen to know how early the ART buses start running in the morning?

Thank you for clarifying! I definitely need to do some research as it's been probably 12+ years since we have used ART as we like to stay in walking distance for obvious reasons but this trip was a last minute planned surprise courtesy of my parents to celebrate my Dad's retirement so we couldn't find anything closer available for our group size without it getting very expensive & complicated. :( @pharmama Do you happen to know how early the ART buses start running in the morning?

The route link above says that today the first bus was at 7:05am (at the first stop). Today's park open was 9am with MM at 8am. So it sounds like they start the first route about an hour before park open (including for MM).

The route link above says that today the first bus was at 7:05am (at the first stop). Today's park open was 9am with MM at 8am. So it sounds like they start the first route about an hour before park open (including for MM).
That's good to know! Was kind of worried after looking at the link for art you sent above that it was an hour before regular park time & not an hour before MM opening time...going to do some more research now!

Hi, I’m not sure if anyone mentioned it already but the Best Western Park Place Inn, right across the street ya connecting rooms. Two queens and a full size pull out sofa in each room if you book the mini suites. Maybe there is availability there still?

Hi, I’m not sure if anyone mentioned it already but the Best Western Park Place Inn, right across the street ya connecting rooms. Two queens and a full size pull out sofa in each room if you book the mini suites. Maybe there is availability there still?
Thank you! I actually checked there & I feel like every major hotel on Harbor but they were all booked up since our trip is only two weeks away!

... Basically wondering what time we should leave our hotel to time it right since hubby or myself will be dropping off our group then parking & hoping to join us in line at the gates before MM starts?!?

I saw your post in WonkaKid's thread about PP and MM -- so, here's a thought: would it be possible for your DH to drop the rest of you off at the Harbor drop off, then go back to park the car at the hotel (free!)? Then he could take an Uber/Lyft by himself to meet you at the gates. The ride would be much less expensive for just him. (And if he has no bags, he should get through security pretty quickly.) At the end of the day, he could get an Uber/Lyft back to the hotel, get the car, and come back to the Harbor drop off/pick up lot to get the rest of you to take you back to the hotel. This would avoid the whole M&F question and it would be for only the one day that you have your MM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter