Hotels that have connecting doors/adjoining rooms within walking distance?

SeiterClan

DIS Veteran
I'm searching for hotels that have rooms guaranteed connecting doors that will will fit a family of 8(2 adults & 6 kids ages 4-16) that is walkable & bonus if they serve breakfast! I'm striking out on finding a suite for 8 anywhere remotely nearby for our last minute dates of March 13th-17th! Any help/advice would be appreciated! TIA :)

My family just stayed at Park Vue Inn with connecting rooms. We had to book 2 double queen rooms, the bunk bed rooms don’t have connecting doors. I have heard good things about desert inn as well, they have larger suites. You may have some trouble finding something this close to your dates during spring break season

ETA looks like both of those are sold out for your dates, check the residence inn by Marriott. Good luck!

Last edited:
Tropicana won't guarantee connecting doors, but I've always gotten them when I've requested them in advance, and then followed up the day before check in.

I'm searching for hotels that have rooms guaranteed connecting doors that will will fit a family of 8(2 adults & 6 kids ages 4-16) that is walkable & bonus if they serve breakfast! I'm striking out on finding a suite for 8 anywhere remotely nearby for our last minute dates of March 13th-17th! Any help/advice would be appreciated! TIA :)
If the hotel website doesn't show availability, give them a call to see if something is open and can book for you.
Desert Inn & Suites has what you describe and they are close, right at the crosswalk.
They also usually have the lowest rates when I'm booking way in advance. With it less than a month be prepared for a high rate.

Good Luck

Candy Cane Inn has always worked for us. We book the Premium Rooms. Is the Sheraton Park too far for you? We've booked connecting rooms there, too. The Majestic Garden has connecting rooms (used to be the Sheraton Anaheim). They are walking distance to the M&F tram (about 10 minutes), but also have a private shuttle to the Harbor entrance. This is an older hotel, but the rooms are large.

Last edited:

Hojo have newly renovated guaranteed connecting rooms - each with 2 queen beds. I believe the price is a bit cheaper than booking two rooms but not by much. They are in building 1. The walk from there is very easy.

Desert Inn has a family suite that would fit your needs. Also Hojo has connecting rooms. Some are guaranteed, some are not. But even with a not guaranteed connecting we have always gotten our request.

I've always gotten connecting rooms at Fairfield Inn, especially when I explain there were children involved.

This is what we do also. I think they are a bit bigger motel so might have room availability when the others don't. You would have to get 2 queen rooms - the smaller kids can fit on the chairs that fold out into a small bed in each room (assuming they still have those, I was last there in 2016). Try to stay on the upper floors away from foot traffic if you can, it can get noisy.

OP: please let us know what you find and how it works out for you. We get a lot of posts here from larger families asking about hotels, so any updated information is really helpful!
I checked out all the places people suggested but because our dates are so close we ended up booking the 2 bedroom suite at Staybridge Suites on Manchester in Anaheim but it is a mile away but literally everything was booked or super expensive because we would need two connecting rooms for 4 nights which was too much $$$. Now trying to figure out how to get to the parks for the 8 of us & thinking we will just pay to park since we don't have to pay parking at the hotel! What is the best way to get to Mickey & Friends from our hotel & how early should we leave if we want to get a great spot in line for our first 7am Magic Morning on Thursday 3/14? Wondering if hubby should drop us off at the DTD security then get in line to park at M&F? Any help would be much appreciated!

Is your youngest able to be in a travel booster (e.g. Bubblebum or Mifold)? If so, Uber/Lyft might be a less expensive, easier option than paying $25/day to park at M&F or TS (which is closer to your hotel). Especially for your MM, if you can be dropped off early to get through bag check and get in line, that would be easier than lining up at M&F, parking, then getting to the gates. You can try pricing Uber/Lyft RT vs. parking at M&F or TS every day.

Is your youngest able to be in a travel booster (e.g. Bubblebum or Mifold)? If so, Uber/Lyft might be a less expensive, easier option than paying $25/day to park at M&F or TS (which is closer to your hotel). Especially for your MM, if you can be dropped off early to get through bag check and get in line, that would be easier than lining up at M&F, parking, then getting to the gates. You can try pricing Uber/Lyft RT vs. parking at M&F or TS every day.
Yes we could do that although TS doesn't open early enough for MM to park right? Also I have noticed/read that the Harbor security points get much more backed up vs. DTD/M&F parking structure...should we have hubby drop us off at the DTD drop off point then go park at M&F? Also how early should we leave to get a good place in line at the gates for MM? I'm going to definitely look into Lyft/Uber...would they have room for a double stroller too?

Keep checking for cancellations at any of the closer hotels that were affordable for you. You never know when something might open up at the last minute! Next, try doing a Google search for any Uber/Lyft questions. It can't hurt to know in advance. On average, we've had better luck with the DTD and M&F bag checks -- quicker, shorter lines. Note that at M&F, it may look like there is a long line to enter the ground floor of the structure, but they take you through security in large groups, so the line moves pretty quickly. It might work better to have your husband drop you all off ahead, then join you later after he's parked the car. Ask about lining up for MM closer to your trip dates -- we'll know better what the Spring Break crowds are like then.

Keep checking for cancellations at any of the closer hotels that were affordable for you. You never know when something might open up at the last minute! Next, try doing a Google search for any Uber/Lyft questions. It can't hurt to know in advance. On average, we've had better luck with the DTD and M&F bag checks -- quicker, shorter lines. Note that at M&F, it may look like there is a long line to enter the ground floor of the structure, but they take you through security in large groups, so the line moves pretty quickly. It might work better to have your husband drop you all off ahead, then join you later after he's parked the car. Ask about lining up for MM closer to your trip dates -- we'll know better what the Spring Break crowds are like then.
Thank you for all this good advice! You better believe I will be stalking these boards for info because we've never been during spring break & I'm worried about how busy it will be. At this point we are stuck with our hotel as we paid in full a nonrefundable rate but it will be ok because we are at Disneyland! I also checked Lyft last night & it looked more expensive because we would have tot take 2 LyftXL car rides to fit our group of 8 because they only hold 6 plus it was almost $15 each way instead of only paying $25 to park at M&F.
@theluckyrabbit Do you have a map and/or very specific driving directions about where my husband or I would drive to drop our group off at DTD then how to get to M&F to park?

Look at Google Maps (I entered "Downtown Disney, Anaheim" and hit "Maps") while reading this so that you can follow it visually. That will make it much easier -- and it really is pretty easy to begin with! The timing is what's going to make this a little complicated because your husband will want to join you at the gates. And all this depends on how quickly he can get to and get through parking.
Your hotel is very close to Katella, so take Katella west to Disneyland Dr. Go north (right) on Disneyland Dr., past the PPH and the GCH, turn left on Magic Way, turn left again at Downtown Dr. -- go straight through the parking gates (take a ticket -- if anyone asks, tell them you're dropping off and exiting). The drop off/pick up point is on the right side -- keep driving past the Lilo lot entrance to the next corner on the right (there will be a small parking lot for the DLH behind that corner and, usually, there are people hanging around on that corner being dropped off and picked up). Your husband should be able to turn right into the small lot to drop you off and turn around to exit. He should be well within the 15 minute grace period. When he gives his ticket to the parking CM, he can explain this if asked. You will cross Downtown Dr. heading toward the Rainforest Cafe and ESPN Zone buildings (southeast) -- that is where bag check is located. Just follow everyone else. Or, if you go straight toward the DLH, you'll see the DLH bag check across from the Sorcerer's Hat, by EOS.
Your husband will go back on Downtown Dr. the way he came, turn right on Magic Way, turn left on Disneyland Dr. and stay in the far left lane. He'll be doing a U-turn at Ball Rd. to get into the far left lanes for M&F. (This may take a while -- there may be quite a back up for this if lots of people are ahead of him, so the earlier you can do all this, the better.) As you follow this on the map, you'll see that there are other ways to get to M&F after dropping you off at DTD. Your husband should have a backup route in mind, just in case.
Hope all this makes sense!

Look at Google Maps (I entered "Downtown Disney, Anaheim" and hit "Maps") while reading this so that you can follow it visually. That will make it much easier -- and it really is pretty easy to begin with! The timing is what's going to make this a little complicated because your husband will want to join you at the gates. And all this depends on how quickly he can get to and get through parking.
Your hotel is very close to Katella, so take Katella west to Disneyland Dr. Go north (right) on Disneyland Dr., past the PPH and the GCH, turn left on Magic Way, turn left again at Downtown Dr. -- go straight through the parking gates (take a ticket -- if anyone asks, tell them you're dropping off and exiting). The drop off/pick up point is on the right side -- keep driving past the Lilo lot entrance to the next corner on the right (there will be a small parking lot for the DLH behind that corner and, usually, there are people hanging around on that corner being dropped off and picked up). Your husband should be able to turn right into the small lot to drop you off and turn around to exit. He should be well within the 15 minute grace period. When he gives his ticket to the parking CM, he can explain this if asked. You will cross Downtown Dr. heading toward the Rainforest Cafe and ESPN Zone buildings (southeast) -- that is where bag check is located. Just follow everyone else. Or, if you go straight toward the DLH, you'll see the DLH bag check across from the Sorcerer's Hat, by EOS.
Your husband will go back on Downtown Dr. the way he came, turn right on Magic Way, turn left on Disneyland Dr. and stay in the far left lane. He'll be doing a U-turn at Ball Rd. to get into the far left lanes for M&F. (This may take a while -- there may be quite a back up for this if lots of people are ahead of him, so the earlier you can do all this, the better.) As you follow this on the map, you'll see that there are other ways to get to M&F after dropping you off at DTD. Your husband should have a backup route in mind, just in case.
Hope all this makes sense!
Thank you so much this is very helpful! I bookmarked these directions & archived it in my email so I could find it on our trip. :) We arrive the day before so we might do a dry run to test this out so it will go smooth on our first day! I'm wondering if you recommend us using our 1 MM on Thursday 3/14 or save it for our last day on Sat. 3/16? I know advice is to choose the earliest time but it is 7AM for both days but more AP's are blocked on Saturday but I know getting up that early will be harder the last day vs. the first? I'm leaning towards using it Thursday...any thoughts contrary to this? Also how early does the M&F garage open? I think I read 90 mins before regular park opening time...so it would be 6:30am? Also how early do people start lining up at the garage? Basically wondering what time we should leave our hotel to time it right since hubby or myself will be dropping off our group then parking & hoping to join us in line at the gates before MM starts?!?

Doing a dry run ahead of time is a great idea. It will really help things go more smoothly that early in the morning!
You know your family best and how easy/hard it will be to get them up and going for your MM. I tend to agree with you that Thursday might be better since your family will have more energy and momentum going. (Also, if something goes wrong and you can't get everyone up in time or if the parking plan goes awry, you'll still have Saturday in your back pocket.) M&F does open 90 minutes before MM (all parking info here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/), but there will be a line of cars waiting even before 6:30 am. How long a line? It shouldn't be super long, but there will be cars already waiting. Ask in a new thread closer to your dates once the Spring Break crowds really get going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter