hotels

WDWNY

DIS Veteran
I was looking at the DLP hotel last week, and checked back again today. (April) Prices went up $1000 for a 3 night stay. Any idea why? Feeling discouraged about this trip.

Rooms sell out, there isnt an endless supply of rooms available in a hotel.

But is the only reason to go to DLP to stay in the Disneyland Hotel?

I was looking at the DLP hotel last week, and checked back again today. (April) Prices went up $1000 for a 3 night stay. Any idea why? Feeling discouraged about this trip.

school holidays in multiple countries for Easter could be a reason.

Also there are other onsite hotels which are waaaay more affordable than the Disneyland Hotel. They all have the same Disney perks such as access to the early opening and all are walkable and also have a free shuttlle bus

Rooms sell out, there isnt an endless supply of rooms available in a hotel.

But is the only reason to go to DLP to stay in the Disneyland Hotel?
I know rooms sell out, but its the same type of room. $1000 extra for 3 nights compared to the price last week seems crazy.
Feel like we aren't going to go back, might as well "go big or go home". I might just book the castle club room since the price difference is not $1000 less lol

school holidays in multiple countries for Easter could be a reason.

Also there are other onsite hotels which are waaaay more affordable than the Disneyland Hotel. They all have the same Disney perks such as access to the early opening and all are walkable and also have a free shuttlle bus
I get that there are holidays and stuff that could make the prices higher than other times of the year but also think its crazy that it jumped so much within a week!

Have you stayed in any of the DLP hotels? Any suggestions? I probably will still book the Disneyland Hotel, but would love suggestions/ thoughts!

Try looking at other countries websites for the same dates. You can book through any country. There are often different offers for the same hotel.

Have you stayed in any of the DLP hotels? Any suggestions? I probably will still book the Disneyland Hotel, but would love suggestions/ thoughts!

Yes, I have stayed at Sequoia Lodge and Santa Fe and at Disneyland Hotel.
I got a free upgrade from Hotel New York to Disneyland Hotel. Honestly for the price of 1 night at Disneyland Hotel standard room, its not worth it. Yes it is amazing to be right at the end of Main Street, and I love the Victoriana theming but I would prefer to have multiple nights at a cheaper hotel.

Sequoia Lodge is themed like Grand Californian Hotel. It would be a moderate hotel. It has a swimming pool, restaurants, bar and shop. The club class and expensive standard rooms are in the main building. The general standard rooms are in separate buildings called Lodges. The Lodges have inside corridors, stairs and elevators, and are very similar to an apartment building. They are just down the path from the main hotel building. It is about 15 minutes walk , past Lake Disney and through Disney Village to the park entrance. There is also a free shuttle bus to the park.

Santa Fe is Cars Land themed. It is Disney budget and modelled on American Motels BUT to me its more Comfort Inn than Motel 6. (I have stayed at both Comfort Inn and Motel 6 in LA) It does not have a swimming pool. The restaurant and bar are Tex Mex themed and serve Tex Mex style food and drinks. It is about 20 minutes walk to the parks, along the "river" and then along the side of Sequoia Lodge. All the rooms are separate buildings, with inside corridors, stairs and elevators. There is no club class, all rooms are standard. There is also a free shuttle bus to the park.

Im not sure, you would need to check but I think all onsite hotels have characters in the lobby during breakfast time. Disney periodically remove this character meet and greet so as of October 2018 Im not sure what the status is.

I think with deciding on a hotel, the most important thing is to determine how much time you will spend in the hotel. If all you need is a bed and bathroom, because you are in the parks from open to close, then I would definitely stay in a value hotel.

I've stayed in all hotels except the two most expensive ones. And only once I spend a lot of time in my hotel room, during the run weekend a few weeks ago. There it was worth to go for club level, we used the lounge many times, we used the pool, and I loved it as I needed to rest my legs. But I also spend a weekend in Newport Bay, we didn't make use of any of the amenities. I would have been just as happy in a cheaper hotel.

If I spend a lot of money on a hotel, I feel more obliged to be in the hotel all the time, to get my money's worth. And that's not why I go to Disney.

As someone already said theres a possibility that the price you looked at last week was linked to a deal which has now finished. Often the deals are buy 2 nights get 2 free, buy 4 nights get 2 free etc - always even number of nights so if you look at 3 nights you dont get the deal (hope that makes sense)

Have you changed the arrival date or number of nights or anything as DLP charge dependant on the arrival date so even moving it by a day can affect the price.

Have a look at other countries sites to see what deals they have

Ive stayed at all the DLP hotels and been totally happy with them all and although it was nice to stay at DLP hotel trips where Ive stayed at other hotels have been just as enjoyable

Dont forget the hotels are not resorts like in WDW they are hotels

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter