House Hunters

I also enjoy watching House Hunters. For me, it's a way to see other parts of the country from home. Of course, I wish all appearing on the show, especially families, well.

I used to watch the show and think how does this show find all these people that work remote, and they all need office space? Now, working remote or at least partially seems like a much more common thing to do.

I watched HH for years. But, in the last couple of years, I have stopped watching. I just got tired of the script. Always seemed the same. And, how is it possible that every couple is at odds about so much when they are buying a house? It was just hard to swallow most of it. So, I no longer watch.

I watched HH for years. But, in the last couple of years, I have stopped watching. I just got tired of the script. Always seemed the same. And, how is it possible that every couple is at odds about so much when they are buying a house? It was just hard to swallow most of it. So, I no longer watch.
They are obviously told to drum up conflict. Guess to spice it up a bit.

Last edited:
I like the House Hunters international version best. I like to see what houses look like in other parts of the world.
Always enjoy seeing Richard on the London shows.

I do like the International version better because the hunters are generally looking at rentals vs buying a property, which makes trying to spot the legit rentals (it could be a friend's place or an Airbnb) a little harder.

We throw a big Diwali party every year with at least 30-40 people attending and also throw at least 1-3 more large parties every year. This month we hosted a family wedding shower for our cousin who was our flower girl that I think was attended by 20-25 people. We also host all of the family holiday dinners, which are much smaller, usually about 9 people.

We did consider whether this house was suitable for big parties and had enough space for our dining table, which seats 8 comfortably. I really want to get a larger dining table but we can't afford that right now.

I like watching HHI a lot of but it annoys me how many people haven't researched what homes cost in the other country and how many people expect the homes to be just like the homes back home.

That's great and I love to throw a party! No judgement here. I have lots of small gatherings over the various holidays just because that's how it works out. But if you read a lot of threads on here, many people would apparently prefer to live in anonymity. LOL. I just think it is funny how many on House Hunters need so much space for entertaining. I need these people in my life so I have fun dinner parties to attend! :rotfl2:

*Just edited for grammar

Last edited:
We watch the show and we often conclude that no one would like our house! One sink in a shared bathroom? mercy, how did we ever pick this one?!

We do have rather large Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings because we host Coast Guard recruits and often have other family members as guests. It’s crowded, but it works!

We watch the show and we often conclude that no one would like our house! One sink in a shared bathroom? mercy, how did we ever pick this one?!

We do have rather large Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings because we host Coast Guard recruits and often have other family members as guests. It’s crowded, but it works!
Thank you so much for doing that! My husband was in the Coast Guard for 6 years. That is so incredibly kind of you!

Thank you so much for doing that! My husband was in the Coast Guard for 6 years. That is so incredibly kind of you!
We have had some marvelous memories hosting these wonderful young men and women. Was he in basic training during the holidays? We have hosted since 1998 when we bought this vacation home in Cape May. We’ve retired here. So glad Operation Fireside returned in 2022 after missing it two years.

LOL. My bathroom in my parents house had a double sink. How seldom was one used in the 53 years they owned the house? The faucets were frozen in the off position when I sold the house. Two sinks are such a huge waste.

LOL. My bathroom in my parents house had a double sink. How seldom was one used in the 53 years they owned the house? The faucets were frozen in the off position when I sold the house. Two sinks are such a huge waste.
I think it’s something that is either a love it or hate it. My parents used their individual sinks every day. They didn’t get double sinks until they moved into their final house, and I think they were over having to share. The single sink homes basically had a pedestal sink in their ensuite, so there was no counter, cabinet, or drawer space, and no way to modify the bathroom to add it. In the last house, they each had at least three feet of counter space, with a double cabinet and three drawers each. They loved it. But not everyone is the same.

sub-buzz-19599-1490914448-3.png

sub-buzz-32259-1490914727-1.png

Do people actually get ready in the bathroom at the same time? So many comments about that!
I have a double sink in my non-PC Master bathroom but I don’t think DH and I have ever been in it at the same time.

He often uses the hall bathroom a lot anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter