How accessible is free water at QS?

Carts that don't have a fountain dispenser do NOT give out free water. You're not going to get a free bottle of water.

Just be courteous and access the situation at the specific location. Most places offer the water with little or no wait. If there is a situation where there is a long line, I would not think about walking ahead of everyone to get my cup of water. It is just like anything, use common sense and it makes it better for everyone, yourself included!

I've searched for a video to show some of you who might not be familiar how most counter service are set up. This is Cosmic Rays at MK, even during very busy times noot all of the cash registers are open and even if they were it gives you the 2 extreme sides to walk up and ask for water, also these two extreme sides is where the usually have their soda machines. During the Summer they have already pre poured ice water available to hand out, during colder times you just go up and ask for it. The CM don't want you to make the line because:
a) they can get you water faster if you go to the counter
b) you are actually clogging up the line of people buying food
c) they want you to get your water asap especially in hotter days
ETA: I'm not making this up, this comes from several CM friends that work at CS and also from my observations during my 19 years being a local ap holder and visiting the parks multiple times a month

Thanks for the responses everyone. We have never been in the summer before and have a trip coming up in 25 days. We want to keep everyone properly hydrated but I am usually the family sherpa. I'm wondering if we can travel without water bottles (that are usually in my backpack) and just hit the quick services for cups when needed. We will probably bring 4 bottles from our room on the first day just in case and see how it goes.

Thanks for the responses everyone. We have never been in the summer before and have a trip coming up in 25 days. We want to keep everyone properly hydrated but I am usually the family sherpa. I'm wondering if we can travel without water bottles (that are usually in my backpack) and just hit the quick services for cups when needed. We will probably bring 4 bottles from our room on the first day just in case and see how it goes.
like others have mentioned, if it's a hot day you will find water dispenser outside most table services and inside starbucks, and you can always ask for water at all QS, I would not bother asking at any popcorn/ice cream carts or stands

Don't bother bringing 4 bottles from your room, you'll be fine. We're a family of 5 and go in summer very frequently, we've been there 4 summers straight now. We never, ever bring water anymore. And my family loves their water. We stop several times per day for QS water. It's always quick and easy, and SOOOOO much better than bringing a bottle. The QS water is ice cold and filtered.

I would bring the bottles along, and see how you do. I know many people swear by the cups of water, but I find they still have a swampy taste. I'm hoping a britta bottle with some crystal lite will do the trick for me next trip.

Btw, in the summer I find it helps a lot to drink one of the enhanced waters each day. You sweat out more than just water, and having those extras really make a difference. At least I could feel the difference if I skipped a day.

Carts won't be able to accommodate if they only sell bottled drinks. Find a cart with fountain drinks.

Yes, bring your bottles along if they are the plastic kind that you can pitch if you decide to, I wouldn't just carry around my heavier bottles as you are stuck with them unless you get a locker. That way you can choose what to do with them and refill them along the way. If you refill on your own then make sure the lip of the bottle does not touch the spigot for your own sake and those after you. When we go for a meal you can get ice water in a cup then and even more before you leave and put cold water/ice in your bottle that way as well.

We asked at the ice cream stand in Dinoland at AK and they processed it like an order--I asked at the window that was taking orders and she said to pick it up at the next window. The lady in front of me got her ice cream cones and then they put out the two cups of water for me. It wasn't a big deal, it only took a couple minutes.

We always carry one water bottle with us for our family of four. Sometimes we never actually use it since we always drink the counter service water, but I like to have a bottle of water on the bus, just in case.

They have large dispensers at Gaston's as well just inside the door. Unfortunately last week when we were there I witnessed a man putting his empty water bottle directly on the dispenser for his refill .
This is why I don't drink out of water coolers or fountains. Unless, you are sanitizing with an alcohol wipe, it's not worth it. Too germy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter