How are December fast passes going?

Obsessively checking...just got a 7 pm FOP for 12/18!
When you say "obsessively checking" do you mean refreshing constantly for long period of time or checking back frequently but only refreshing a few times? Sorry I'm desperate for some strategy! I've done both and it seems like the only two instances where times showed up were as soon as I got on...nothing ever pops up after the nonstop refreshing for me but maybe I give up too quickly!

When you say "obsessively checking" do you mean refreshing constantly for long period of time or checking back frequently but only refreshing a few times? Sorry I'm desperate for some strategy! I've done both and it seems like the only two instances where times showed up were as soon as I got on...nothing ever pops up after the nonstop refreshing for me but maybe I give up too quickly!

Would love to know also. I vary between the two strategies and in a week I've only seen one time come available on the day I'm looking and it was there as soon as I logged in.

Has anyone noticed if FPs are available for the Christmas parade the week after Christmas? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will be offered that week!

Would love to know also. I vary between the two strategies and in a week I've only seen one time come available on the day I'm looking and it was there as soon as I logged in.
A week ago, I had no idea what any of this meant. What I've been doing...
  • logging into MDE (both phone and computer, depending on where I am...this was secured via computer)
  • clicking FastPass+
  • Clicking on "View Details" on my existing Na'Vi River FastPass
  • Click on Modify
  • Click "Select All" (three of us)...NEXT
  • from there it will take me to "Change Time or Experience" page. I was excited to see Flight of Passage at the top (instead of the unavailable bottom).
I have not been "refreshing" anything. I went thru MDE-->Fast Pass-->Modify multiple times a day/night.

The tip I got on this board that I did not know...the Pandora/Tier 1 option will only show if you are trying to modify an existing Pandora/Tier 1 FastPass.

Gosh, I hope I explained that clearly and correctly.

EDITED TO ADD: On my computer, if I do not see the Experience (or new time) I want, I will leave this "Change Time or Experience" page up for a few minutes, then click "Start Over" which takes me back to the "Click on Modify" step. Though MDE on computer doesn't like me to be dormant too long before automatically logging me out, resulting in the Olaf page if I try to navigate past "Modify".

Last edited:
My window opened this am for arrival 12/24. FOP FP was available after 7:30/8pm on 24,25,26 each night but no earlier time slots came up.

EDITED TO ADD: On my computer, if I do not see the Experience (or new time) I want, I will leave this "Change Time or Experience" page up for a few minutes, then click "Start Over" which takes me back to the "Click on Modify" step. Though MDE on computer doesn't like me to be dormant too long before automatically logging me out, resulting in the Olaf page if I try to navigate past "Modify".
I had NEVER noticed that Start Over button! Probably because FOP would be first on the list if it was available. I wonder if all those times i was pressing the refresh button on Chrome never really updated the availability...

Thanks for letting us know what you did, and congrats on getting your FOP FP!

Window opened this morning, 12/25 arrival, park days 12/26-1/2. Got FOP twice, 12/28 and Jan 1 . I'm never really satisfied with the plans until we are there! I am super worried about crowds but oh well a least we will be there instead of home!

Window opened this morning, 12/25 arrival, park days 12/26-1/2. Got FOP twice, 12/28 and Jan 1 . I'm never really satisfied with the plans until we are there! I am super worried about crowds but oh well a least we will be there instead of home!
What time did you get FOP for on 12/28?

The tip I got on this board that I did not know...the Pandora/Tier 1 option will only show if you are trying to modify an existing Pandora/Tier 1 FastPass.

Can you clarify what you mean? I find this hard to believe. I'm sure you can look for FoP FPs without already having a NRJ FP.

Can you clarify what you mean? I find this hard to believe. I'm sure you can look for FoP FPs without already having a NRJ FP.
They're saying that if you already have a FP for Navi, then the only way you can look for FOP is if you modify your Navi time. If you already have 3 FP's and Navi isn't one of them, you should have no problems looking for FOP.

Haven't seen any new posts lately. I am hoping that this means everyone is happy with their FP+ selections! Our window opens up on Wednesday for our first week of January trip and the only FP+ that I am worried about is FoP. I think the others will be all okay. Fingers crossed!!!

Haven't seen any new posts lately. I am hoping that this means everyone is happy with their FP+ selections! Our window opens up on Wednesday for our first week of January trip and the only FP+ that I am worried about is FoP. I think the others will be all okay. Fingers crossed!!!
Me personally, I am pretty happy with my FP+ choices and times. I am hoping to modify my 7 pm FoP to earlier in the day, and will continue to try that until 12/18. I also just this morning was able to modify my FEA from 2:30 pm to 11:30 am, so that will free up my passes to secure a 4th FP as needed, and give me more time to explore World Showcase.

The rest of my days seem pretty good.

Now I'm working to snag and/or modify ADRs, depending on what comes available at the date gets closer. Seems like a ton of ADRs are let go 1-3 days before any date as people make final decisions. Hoping that holds true for Ohana and possibly BOG (if MK changes hours, still not released).

I just checked a few days of FOP.

Jan 1 only 4 times were left 5-6:40 pm
Jan 3 lots left noon - 7 pm
Jan 6 lots left noon - 7pm

Me personally, I am pretty happy with my FP+ choices and times. I am hoping to modify my 7 pm FoP to earlier in the day, and will continue to try that until 12/18. I also just this morning was able to modify my FEA from 2:30 pm to 11:30 am, so that will free up my passes to secure a 4th FP as needed, and give me more time to explore World Showcase.

The rest of my days seem pretty good.

Now I'm working to snag and/or modify ADRs, depending on what comes available at the date gets closer. Seems like a ton of ADRs are let go 1-3 days before any date as people make final decisions. Hoping that holds true for Ohana and possibly BOG (if MK changes hours, still not released).

Keep checking on the FoP, I finally managed to change my late afternoon to a late morning FP.

Are we into January now or still booking for December? The reason I ask is because I was wondering if a new thread would be made for January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter