How are December fast passes going?

Are we into January now or still booking for December? The reason I ask is because I was wondering if a new thread would be made for January.
Today should be fp opening for people checking in December 29th so almost January! I'm not sure about a new thread.

Are we into January now or still booking for December? The reason I ask is because I was wondering if a new thread would be made for January.

Getting close! On Wednesday, our 60 day window opens up for our December 31 check-in.

My 60 day window opened today (Oct 30). The early days were tough but I was able to get everything we wanted. I had always planned to do Animal Kingdom on day 5 so I was able to get an Avatar FP at 1020AM. Plan to get there at rope drop and do Na'vi River first thing, then Avatar. Not happy with the way FP+ rolls in EPCOT

Fast Passes (2 adults....mid 50s)
  • Dec 30 - Magic Kingdom - Thunder Mtn @ 1030....Pirates @ 1.....Mine Train @ 5:20 (Space Mtn @ rope drop)
  • Dec 31 - Studios - Tower of Terror @ 9:30...Toy Story @ 1030....Star Tours @ 1 (Rockin' Roller Coaster @ rope drop)
  • Jan 1 - EPCOT - Soarin' 1005.....Figment @ 1125....Nemo @ 800PM (Will work Frozen in there some how)
  • Jan 2 - Studios - Rockin' Roller Coaster @ 950....Star Tours @ 1150....Indy Jones @ 1245 (Tower of Terror @ rope drop)
  • Jan 3 - Animal Kingdom - Avatar @ 1020....Everest @ 1230....Safari @ 150 (Na'vi River at rope drop)
  • Jan 4 - Magic Kingdom - Haunted House @ 910....Jungle Cruise @ 1110....Mine Train @ 220 (Fly home late night, so an easy day)
The on line tool could be easier to use, but I got through it. Got on at 7 am sharp. I did notice that Avatar times went away fast, even on our day 5

Last edited:

FYI - it looks like Disney updated MK hours for the weeks of December 10 and 17 earlier today. MK is opening an hour earlier (8 am) on MVMCP days - haven't checked to see if that's opened up new FP times on those days. Still waiting to see about extended hours for the non-party days (which are currently 9am to 9 pm, but have been 8am to midnight in previous years).

FYI - it looks like Disney updated MK hours for the weeks of December 10 and 17 earlier today. MK is opening an hour earlier (8 am) on MVMCP days - haven't checked to see if that's opened up new FP times on those days. Still waiting to see about extended hours for the non-party days (which are currently 9am to 9 pm, but have been 8am to midnight in previous years).

Thanks. No 8AM FP's yet.

Great catch! Happy to see those hours increasing little by little

There are now! I just saw 8:20 and 8:45 available on 12/17!

Thank you for posting this! I was able to move my 2pm PP up to 8:55. Hopefully that will give me more of a chance for a 4th fp before the party people start coming in.

Saturday, December 2, 2017 (Magic Kingdom)

0800 -- Rope Drop Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
0900 -- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
1000 -- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
1110 -- Splash Mountain
1235 -- Be Our Guest Lunch ADR

Sunday, December 3, 2017 (Animal Kingdom)

1250 -- Avatar Flight of Passage
1350 -- It's Tough to be a Bug!
1500 -- Kilimanjaro Safaris
Single Rider -- Expedition Everest

Thursday, December 14, 2017 (Epcot)

1955 -- Frozen Ever After
2100 -- The Seas with Nemo & Friends

Friday, December 15, 2017 (Magic Kingdom)

0700 -- Morning EMH
0920 -- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
1030 -- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
1130 -- Space Mountain

Saturday, December 16, 2017 (MGM Studios)

0900 --TBD Due to 7 Day FP+ Limit

Sunday, December 17, 2017 (Magic Kingdom)

1200 -- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
1300 -- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
1400 -- Splash Mountain

Last edited:
So...I noticed my week Dec. 17-23, MK is now open an hour earlier. This totally messed up my touring plans and dining.

Now, I don't know what to do. Do I go and get those early 8 to 9 FP? Or is the park going to be nearly empty and I won't need a FP that early?

I just don't know what to do...

So...I noticed my week Dec. 17-23, MK is now open an hour earlier. This totally messed up my touring plans and dining.

Now, I don't know what to do. Do I go and get those early 8 to 9 FP? Or is the park going to be nearly empty and I won't need a FP that early?

Just on the party days so far.

I went ahead and moved my FP+ to 8-9 but only for seven dwarfs. That's probably the only ride worth using a FP on that early.

Our plan is to rope drop and ride as much as we can from 8-9, use the SDMT FP at 9, go ride even more from 9-10, then use our second FP at 10.

I moved my 2-3pm PP fp up to 8:55-9:55 figuring we would use it closer to 9:55. So now instead of trying to get a possible 4th fp at 2, I can try after I tap for what is now our third fp at 1. Hope that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter