How are you feeling today?

Cinnabunny

Earning My Ears
How are you feeling today?

It's Time to Talk day here in the UK today, a day to try and break the silence which surrounds Mental Health issues, in an effort to prevent people from feeling isolated, and to call more attention to the stigma people seem to associate with mental ill health.

So, feel free to share something about how you are feeling, good, bad, indifferent. I'm not asking you to shout about any serious issues or share anything you're not comfortable with. Whether you share or not, just know you are not alone! Maybe ask another person "How are you feeling today?".

I have a family funeral tomorrow which I'm dreading and I'm finding it difficult to focus on work today.

Pretty blah. I've been unhappy at my job for quite sometime, and have not had any luck finding something new. So just being in the office brings me down.

A little antsy. My number-of-readers report from Tuesday wasn't good (it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good), haven't gotten Wednesday's report yet, and I'm behind on work. On the plus side, I think tonight's episode of The Big Bang Theory is new, so that's good, considering that this week has been all reruns of my favorite network shows. Finding Dory is out on Netflix today, so I'll be watching that tonight. Going to see my Dad Saturday, which I simultaneously dread and look forward to (but that's a post for another thread).

In between. Lots of stuff weighing me down, anxiety is through the roof lately. However, it's my Friday and I have some fun stuff on tap (literally, too) for this weekend.

Exhausted. Ugh. It's my fault and a good exhaustion. I went over board with exercising yesterday and this morning. I'm ready to cash and get a good nights sleep.

I am dealing with a lot of frustration with my job right now. I can't post much publicly, so I will just leave it at that.

I feel like it's just the same old, same old. But Happy Ground Hog's Day everyone!!! ;)

Incredibly tired. Mentally and physically.
But that is mostly because I just went back to work this week after being off for 5 weeks recuperating from hip replacement surgery.
My job is clerical so not strenous, just that the person who filled in for me did a lousy job.
Had to completely redo all the student files she put together wrong and just glad I caught them because I have a state audit coming up soon and the guy who does our audit is very, very thorough. You know, dot your i's and cross your t's kinda guy. That plus the lady that checks my cash journal books asked me to go over them as she was getting aggravated with the sloppy disorganized way the girl who worked for me had done them.
Soooo, for the last 2 days I have felt miserable trying to make sense of them. Close to $500 cash unaccounted for so had to call the boss yesterday and he had me scan pages and pages to send him so he can talk to her.

Feeling a little cruddy trying to get over a UTI. But the antibiotics are helping. Looking forward to spending next weekend at Disneyland, so that makes me happy! Also feeling anxious about DS getting accepted to colleges and then leaving in the fall.

Feeling fine. We're a little busier than I'd like (I'm an introvert and need lots of down-time to recharge) but other than that, this is a season of relative peace. Sure there's always sucky work days, nagging worries about the kids, minor physical maladies and I could always use more money. But that's my life in a nutshell. I count my blessings and am savouring every moment of being able to "coast" right now.

Very anxious. :( My dad is in the hospital recovering from surgery and having some odd reactions to either the pain med or anesthesia, my youngest son who has depression and anxiety had a bad incident yesterday and has been extremely down on himself and more depressed than I've seen him in years, my husband's job is...fairly unstable at the moment, and our budget is extremely tight with paying for two college tuitions (son and husband's masters)and my youngest's 8th grade trip. Plus, there's all the unrest in our country right now.

I'm just doing some deep breathing and trying not to think about things too much.

Feeling a little better. DH had tibial surgery on 12/9/16 and it was healing well until 12/31, when it became grossly infected and necrotic. Ended up being a life-and-limb threatening infection, where he ended up in the hospital for 7 nights, had 3 surgeries, and has been in a skilled nursing facility since 1/20 for IV therapy and immobility. He'll be here until 2/25 at the very least. HOWEVER... he saw the orthopedic surgeon yesterday and we learned that the infection doesn't appear to have gone into the bone, and there is no evidence of delayed healing, so at least we know the tibia seems good. His explantation and skin grafts are also healing well, and there's no evidence of further infection either on the surface or internally (where there's still hardware which poses potential infection sites). This is all amazingly good news, after a long slug through the trenches. To top it off, last night our friends brought take-out to DH's care facility, and we all had dinner together and then had game night. This healed DH's soul as much as the doctors have healed his leg. I am breathing a little easier today!

Feeling a little better. DH had tibial surgery on 12/9/16 and it was healing well until 12/31, when it became grossly infected and necrotic. Ended up being a life-and-limb threatening infection, where he ended up in the hospital for 7 nights, had 3 surgeries, and has been in a skilled nursing facility since 1/20 for IV therapy and immobility. He'll be here until 2/25 at the very least. HOWEVER... he saw the orthopedic surgeon yesterday and we learned that the infection doesn't appear to have gone into the bone, and there is no evidence of delayed healing, so at least we know the tibia seems good. His explantation and skin grafts are also healing well, and there's no evidence of further infection either on the surface or internally (where there's still hardware which poses potential infection sites). This is all amazingly good news, after a long slug through the trenches. To top it off, last night our friends brought take-out to DH's care facility, and we all had dinner together and then had game night. This healed DH's soul as much as the doctors have healed his leg. I am breathing a little easier today!

It's so good to read this update. Glad things are getting better. Will continue to keep you, and yours in thoughts, and prayers.

Hormonal. I'm one week postpartum and feeling overwhelmed with a newborn, 13 month old and 3 year old. Plus, my nanny just had to quit due to health reasons with no notice so I'm on my own starting tomorrow.

I'm feeling decent. I'm a bit nervous for tonight's Super Bowl, but that happens each year we are in it. I miss going to the parks, and I am ready to go back.

Hopefully everyone else has a good day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter