How big is your kids high school?

I get there are complications. I still feel 500+ kids in a graduating class are too much.

There are 866 students in my daughters grade level alone as of now. It may increase. I was talking to someone in the front office last week and they had registered another 300 students for all different grades in the school on that one day alone. Graduation Ceremony is going to go on forever!!!

And there are more subdivisions being built that feed into the High School. There was another High School that was built to relieve ours and that one is at capacity already. The area is growing by leaps and bounds.

When my daughter who is a rising senior started there was about 1800 and now it has gone to around 1900 to 2000.

Ours has 1000 students, but the school is grades 5-12. There are about 125 students per grade, so about 500 kids in grades 9-12.

Ours is pretty small- my daughter graduating class was 370 and only about 1400 in the whole high school.

Well the high school that we're assigned to hasn't opened yet..it will be next month. They are also not having a senior class for the very first year so enrollment is around 900 for the 2017-2018 school year.

It's a bit different for the 2017 year because they just redrew the boundaries in anticipation of the 5th high school opening. With the 5th not being open all 4 other high schools are over capacity (varying from 103% to nearly 115% capacity level) at a rough estimate of 2100-2350 students per high school. It will lower a bit though with the new high school being opened and will continue to lower a bit after a few years. For example the previous high school we were assigned to is estimated to reduce by about 485 students by 2021 mostly due to re-drawing the boundary lines for the new high school.

There are 5 high schools in the district I graduated in (a neighboring district), 5 high schools in the other neighboring district and in the district I live in there will now be 5 high schools.

The district I live in is considered the second largest in the state. Total enrollment throughout all the grades and schools is over 29,700 and will continue to keep growing.

My DD's school for all 4 grades was around 300. My boys school was 1600. DD's school was a middle and high school combined.

My oldest isn't in high school yet but enrollment at the high school we are zoned for is just under 2300. We're hoping she's excepted at a charter high school which has an enrollment of approximately 500.

There were 28 kids in DS18's graduating class this year. I think the last number I saw for the school was 412 for preK all the way on up. About 115 of thoe would be grade 9-12.

It's a semi private Waldrof school.

Among public schools in our area, upper schools (grades 5 and up) can range from about the same size as above (many on that size) to the largest having about 200 in any one grade.

Our high school has about 1300 students. My daughter just graduated and there were 325 in her class.

Our high school houses 900-1000 students. It averages 225-250 per class and that is perfect.

My daughter's class wayyyy back in 2006 was so big, the high school put portables at a different location for freshman. Also, so big the kids went to school only 4 days a week longer days. Her day off was Wednesday, that was weird, especially if you had a problem child and had to work and didn't want them home alone. I liked that she was there her first year. But I think they missed a lot of chances for extra curricular activities offered. If they did sports there were busses that brought them to the main campus after school.

My son went to a Catholic High School (got him to agree in a weak moment, sister would never agree) there was only 200 in his class big difference. He met his now wife there in 11th grade, so I always ask aren't you glad, I pushed you into that school now?

The class of 2017 had 316. I'm estimating that other class levels are similar, give or take. Probably around 1300 in the whole school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter