How Can I Make the Novacaine Wear Off Faster?

Lovely...

I'm foregoing meet the teacher night b/c I don't want to look like an idiot with swollen face and a droopy lip
drool.gif

:lmao: :lmao: I have no advice to offer, but you can watch this and laugh a little... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBqY6cJD3CE

Feel better soon!:goodvibes

Is there a trick to getting the numb feeling to go away?

Honestly? A new dentist. I remember that feeling of numbness/tingling for hours... 20 years ago. With my last 3 dentists (same practice), any residual novocaine effect goes away within a half hour of the end of the visit, and the big fat tongue/mumbling part is over before I leave the chair. When I commented on this once, the dentist said it was technique, and there are a lot of dentists overmedicating unnecessarily.

For what it's worth, I've had 3 fillings at a time as well as caps and other procedures lasting an hour or more, and I've never felt a touch of pain (i.e., it's not like they're UNDER medicating me and it wears off during the procedure). Once when a cap was taking longer than expected she did give me an extra shot, so I think it's a matter of having a skilled and conscientious dentist, and nothing more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter