How close are you to your breaking point?

I’m a teacher teaching online too. I’m sorry you are dealing with difficult parents. Over my 30+ years I’ve had one difficult parent here and there and I can honestly say I have lost sleep over it. I can’t imagine a bunch at one time. I’ll count myself fortunate my parents are being great.

thanks! my experience has been same as yours through my last years of regular teaching. It’s been petty and almost felt like bullying.

A few weeks ago I worked with a nurse who told me that her sixth grader was I medicated ADHD and now that she’s teaching him at home, she’s called the doctor about a prescription. It was pretty hilarious the way she said it (had to be there). I told DH and other teachers who like that comment. Thought you’d guys might like it to. Hang in there dole whip. I’m sorry you’re being mistreated.

It definitely is a two way street. My child has ripped up an entire basement carpet and is installing Pergo. Painted the walls last week. Taking classes. Missing friends. Missing their very independent life 6 hours away. They are very competent and fully functional. And so very gracious.

We are all going through changes. Me treating them to special meals isn't going to ruin them. I do the same for my husband. He does the same for me. I woke up to a tray of coffee and biscuits this morning. It's a wonderful thing to go out of your way for the ones that you love. I feel fortunate to be able to use this time to do so. It will all be over soon.
Is it one child or more? Child/their/they/them/ - it’s not clear.

I need my NHL back and I need to have a beer on a patio somewhere Here in Canada they have cancelled most events til next year. I'm prepared for a long summer. I'm glad I made to 7 different amusement parks last year.

My dd is very close with an NHL player. His team is under some very strict rules. He is only allowed to see family and team players. He asked her to come over for dinner the other night and she told him NO WAY am I going to be the face of Covid19 if you got infected. She said he has set up his apartment and they are playing in the family room! Neighbors are complaining because it sounds like the whole ceiling is coming down!:rotfl2:

for a couple of minutes some days...I feel fed up.
Then I chat with my friend who works in a local town office hall filing paperwork.(and her Dh who works frontline at the hospital lab) And suddenly my perspective is shifted. Yup,I'm missing some things. But if you could see the paperwork piles she showed me,and what she's faced with daily,you might think differently too. I am content to wait at home.
(FWIW,I live in the Northeast,y'all know what that means... it's not good)

How was that cruel? I get the anxiety, and I don’t believe the poster thinks she’s the gatekeeper.
She was literally mocking people for complaining about their situation because they didn't have it as bad as she did.

I'm about as pro quarantine as you'll find. I took an immune compromised friend into my home knowing it would mean observing the lockdown very strictly. But I'm healthy and we still have income and Netflix, so my feelings about this don't matter? At the very least that's being unkind.

Not if you walk off the job right now. That would be insubordination and go against why we chose this.
No. An emt who has reached the breaking point has a professional responsibility to take a break. Insubordination just means they can try to fire you 'for cause'. They would lose that claim.

What's the last letter of the STOP acronym? Protect. Who do you protect first? Yourself.

If your employer finds out that you're shook and doesn't pull you down for a break they have a major liability if you commit a medical error. And if they fire you for protecting your work performance, you wont have trouble finding work a few weeks later.

Last edited:
I can do it. Sure, I’m bored with not going out for coffee with friends, going to my book club and lunch group. I figure if our grandparents could tough out a depression and a world war, I can give up some gatherings and vacations. That said, the social isolation is wearing. I’m glad I like my DH and my dog.

I was talking with my sister this morning, and we both though, how did they do it when they were first heading out west to stake a claim? Little Cabin in the Big Woods days? A cabin in the middle of nowhere, with only your family. We are now sitting at home (those of us who can't work) but still able to connect to the outside world. We can do this.

Who said a job isn’t important? Yes, some are considered “essential” in these situations, but I’ve seen no one say a job isn’t important. Why do feel that way?
Oh please. Countless people expressing a desire to find a safe way to get back to their job (and income, and health insurance) have been told they value "profits over people".

Oh please. Countless people expressing a desire to find a safe way to get back to their job (and income, and health insurance) have been told they value "profits over people".

Why is it so hard to listen to the medical experts on this? And several hosts and politicians on TV pushing for a reopening, ARE putting profits over people. Some have pretty much said that out loud.

I don't care about not going places. As an introvert with some level of social anxiety (not a diagnosis per se, just shy/nervous), though, I HATE HATE HATE HATE working from home. I feel so invaded.
It is also impossible to care for 3 kids and their digital learning AND work my 8 hours a day.
I am blessed to have a job that is allowing me to work from home (for now), but if this goes past the summer, I will not be in a good place mentally.

Why is it so hard to listen to the medical experts on this? And several hosts and politicians on TV pushing for a reopening, ARE putting profits over people. Some have pretty much said that out loud.

I think it’s because this is not just an epidemiological issue. The medical experts are there to give advice on their area of expertise, however, this is affecting a lot more than medical issues specifically related to this disease. That’s why there are other experts and then governments are making decisions based on all factors.

Loads of medical experts have come out and said we should continue as we are until there is a vaccine. I’m not an expert in any of these things, but as a person living in society, I feel like it would be impossible to keep this shelter in place for years without an absolute breakdown in everything.

I'm an introvert, but this has already broken me once and I had to put myself back together again. The only way out is through, so I just try to focus on the positive.

But two weeks ago I had a very tough conversation with my neurologist and I'll confess it pushed me past the brink. I did not violate quarantine -- and I won't -- but the knowledge that I'm stuck inside for quite some time is getting to me. I miss getting on a plane to see my friends. I wanted to fly to KC for the pasta trio at Lidia's. I want to see my mommy. And not only can I not do these things now, but if I want to continue the very critical medication that is currently staving off progression of a case of MS that has already robbed me of the entire right side of my body, then I can't do them for months. Maybe years. I'm struggling without those things to look forward to and the uncertainty when I can plan again.

I'm trying to focus on being grateful for all I have. I know many in worse financial, medical, or mental states. But I feel like Humpty Dumpty breaking and having to be put back together. But I'll put myself back together as many times as I have to. But a light at the end of the tunnel -- reliable antibody tests or even knowledge of how this disease impacts others with MS on my medication (though I dont want any of those people to get it) would really help me right now.

So I have a question for those not visiting friends & family, do you plan until there is a vaccine or cure before you see them again?

So I have a question for those not visiting friends & family, do you plan until there is a vaccine or cure before you see them again?

I’m going to start seeing friends and family. It’s going to be nice this weekend. We will social distance in the backyard around the fire pit with wine.

Once our stay at home order is lifted I will go back to visiting without social distancing. No way am I waiting for a vaccine that may never come.

At this point, i dont know. My doctor & I will re-evaluate in August when my immune system is stronger (before we decimate it again in November) But today, i cant handle the disappointment so im kind of scared to hope for a fall trip.

I am a very happy/social person but I have to tell you, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being home! I don't even want to think of the day I would have to go back. I'm praying my company changes their ways and allows me to work remote. Plus I'm saving a TON of money not being out in the stores. Saving on gas for our cars. Not at grocery store like I used to be. I miss seeing my parents but I've seen them from a far as I pick up groceries for them and drop it at their doorstep. I'm thankful I'm working, I'm thankful I'm staying home safe and I'm thankful for my squeaky clean house = ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter