How Crowded in Mid to Late October? How Warm?

MTMom

Disney Addict
We've only ever visited WDW in Februrary, and the crowds have always been low. I'm hoping that will be the rule for mid to late October. We're planning a trip to take advantage of the two days my DK's have off for "Fall Break". Other than Columbus Day Weekend, are there any other national holidays during October? Are other schools letting out for Fall Break? Do public schools get off for Columbus Day (Oct. 13)? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to cover all my bases. I'm also hoping it will be warmer in October than February, any comments?

We were there the last week in October in 2002. Weather ranged from near 90 early in the week-way too hot; too mid 70's later on which was absolultely gorgeous. Crowds were low, but not as low as early December. Went to MNNSHP which we loved. Would go again that time of year, very nice.

MNNSHP? I'm not up on all the abbreviations, what does it mean? Isn't there a location where all the abbreviations are listed? Do you know where that is?

I'm not sure where that list of abbreviations is, though I've seen it before, but MNSSHP stands for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, which is a separate ticket event in the Magic Kingdom after regular park closings. There are parades, shows, rides, etc. We've never been but are going this year with the special 'Come Back" rates.

Not overly crowded (although I wish that attendence would pick up) and it was warm... days in the mid to upper 80's and nights in the 60's.

The crowds will be more than you will experience in February, but the weather will likely be better, too!

Disnee Dad Says..............................Try to go as late in October as possible. There is a mojor golf tournament, usually the second week in October, and usually crowded for a week on both ends.
Weather will be great except for thunderstorms! Relax, many of them hit for like 10 or 20 minutes. The latter you go the less rain you get but then the temps start to drop some. Still nice though.

We went from 10/14 - 10/21 this past year and we were surprised by how crowded it was. But.... we are used to going the second week in September, which by some accounts, is suppose to be the least crowded week of the entire year!!!! We LOVED the Halloween party but we would take September over October anytime!!!

We love going in October! The weather is just right :-) ANd the crowds are minimal. We also went to the MNSSHP for the 1st time in 2001. We couldn't attend this year, but we will definetly be there this October. Either before or after our cruise :earsboy:

We always go Halloween week because it's not crowded andthe weather is great. Don't panic if the weather calls for "Chance of Showers" every day....they're just covering their butts. We went October 2002 and every day the weather said Chance of Showers. It only rained one afternoon for about fifteen minutes.

It sounds like the weather & crowds will be perfect for us (we're used to July & August crowds & temperatures) but I'm wondering if anyone knows about Spectromagic & Fantasmic performances at that time of year. It looks like they don't run every night & I was wondering if they are usually held on specific nights in October (trying to do some early planning :D )

Sorry to jump in on your post but it looked like a great place to ask this. Thanks.

We have gone down the third week in Oct. and the first week in Nov. Very decent weather. One morning during our Nov trip it rained for about 1 hr. Weather is terrific that time of year. If I remember correctly, Fantasmic was shown just about every night. Spectromagic was down to just Friday nights when we were there. The crowds weren't too bad. MGM was pretty congested due to the SoapStars week-end, but that was really just in one pretty small area of the park. Other than that the parks weren't really crowded at all. It's a great time to go.

We were there October 2002 for MNSSHP and the weather was GREAT and crowds were LOW!! I would definately pick October to go again. We walked on to most rides even during the weekend part of our trip. You should try to attend the Halloween party if they are offering it during you trip. It was a blast!!!

For those interested in the golf tournement info. This year it is Oct. 24-26. I just looked it up, because we're going in Oct. too and I am trying to avoid any large group things, such as a golf tourney!

Pammy

We've been to WDW in mid-October in '91, '93 and '01.

Each time the weather was gorgeous! Maybe a little cool in the morning, but sunny. Then it would warm up to the 80's. Very little rain.

The crowds were very manageable too. However, we always left right before the big October events - MNSSHP and EPCOT's Food & Wine Festival.

My DD's school has a "Fall Break" in October too (10/23 & 10/24 this year). She'll be in 1st Grade and my DH & I are debating if we take her out of school for the entire week for a WDW trip. I need to talk to the school first to see what they say. Hopefully they are lenient with unexcused absences!!

Debbie

Debbie,

We always have taken our kids out of school, and for elementary children, our school doesn't take issue with it at all. I'd consider going prior to the golf tournament mentioned in an above post. That's what we're doing.

We were in WDW Oct 22 thru the 27 this year. The temps were warm (too hot for costumes!), and I found the crowds very manageable, but I am used to President's week and the Christmas throngs. I have a conference again that week and am looking forward to MNSSHP again.

On our week the chance of showers did come true. The MNSSHP party on the 25th got soaked! Parks close earlier than peak times, leaving only Epcot open late. And the Food and Wine festival brings in lots of people, but I don't mind because tasting different things is a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter