How difficult is it to add guests to a GCH reservation?

kristensideaoffun

DIS Veteran
I just booked a GCH reservation for mid-March and realized my children aren't on the reservation. The reservation only shows 2 adults. I don't know how that happened! Am I going to have to sit on a 10 hour hold with guest services to fix this? Is there an option with the only check-in to add guests? What a rookie mistake! I am so irritated with myself.

Did you try the Grand’s direct line? (714) 635-2300

Edited to add: same thing happened to me in June of LY, when I wanted to add our daughter to room for lounge access. I called the number above and they resolved for me, very quickly.

Last edited:
I called this morning and got someone in less than 5 minutes. Unless you have 3 children, you should be fine adding them no problem.

I just made my own similar rookie mistake for a GCH reservation this morning. A reservation popped up for our March dates this morning so I snagged it as quick as I could and then realized I forgot a person (a 5th person). I called to add them and she said that would be a problem because even though my request gave multiple room layout scenarios, they put me in a 2 queen/no sleeper 4 person room and there is nothing else available at any on site resort. I can either cancel my reservation and have nothing or hold on to it and keep checking back in hopes something for 5 comes up in any resort. Total rookie move.

I would not wait until check-in as you may well be assigned a single king room with only 2 adults on the reservation and if there isn't a 2 bed room available that could be a problem (similar to what a PP described for going from 4 to 5 guests in the room). I think the King rooms have at least 1 pullout but that still might not meet your needs depending on the exact configuration.

I called this morning and got someone in less than 5 minutes. Unless you have 3 children, you should be fine adding them no problem.

I just made my own similar rookie mistake for a GCH reservation this morning. A reservation popped up for our March dates this morning so I snagged it as quick as I could and then realized I forgot a person (a 5th person). I called to add them and she said that would be a problem because even though my request gave multiple room layout scenarios, they put me in a 2 queen/no sleeper 4 person room and there is nothing else available at any on site resort. I can either cancel my reservation and have nothing or hold on to it and keep checking back in hopes something for 5 comes up in any resort. Total rookie move.

Well, this stinks. I have the similar issue. They have a large enough room with my view type available for the first night, but for the second night the only thing available is a suite. What a bummer!

Well, this stinks. I have the similar issue. They have a large enough room with my view type available for the first night, but for the second night the only thing available is a suite. What a bummer!
And this is why you don't wait til you get there. At least now you know what you are up against.

Can you change your view?

Keep checking! I had trouble getting a room for a daybed (party of 5) at first with the view we wanted but had luck checking first thing in the morning. I noticed availability shifts a lot.

And this is why you don't wait til you get there. At least now you know what you are up against.

Can you change your view?

I told the CM I’d take any view, but the only option as of right now is to change to the 1-bedroom suite for both nights or cancel the second night on my original reservation and switch to the 1-bedroom for the 2nd night.

I have some backup reservations, so if something doesn’t open up it’s not a total loss. It’s just so much nicer being right next to the parks at GCH.

I would say just keep checking. We are staying at DLH and could not find anything for the days we wanted for 3 guest only 2. I checked almost constantly and went from having no reservations to one night only to two nights but different rooms because that is all they had and this week I was able to get the same room for the entire time we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter