How do deferrals work?

MonkeyDishwasher

<font color=teal>Yes!!! I got the first non-topic
I've been thinking of a visit to Florida, and of course it's on the weekend of the Avengers Half! (I'm a DL local, so it's not like I have travel plans for the Avengers that this would be totally fiscally irresponsible).

So my question is, how do deferrals work? How does one sign up for a deferral? Does it just transfer the cost associated with this year's registration to next year's registration? How much does a deferral cost? Etc.

Thanks for any information everyone@

From the Run Disney website (http://www.rundisney.com):
Deferrals
•If you are currently registered for the Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon in 2014 you may defer your registration to the Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon in 2015 subject to availability, on or before October 30, 2014.
•Deferral requests will be assessed a $45 processing fee if completed by October 2, 2014. Deferral requests will be assessed a $70 processing fee if completed between October 3 and October 30, 2014.
•Deferrals are not allowed for the Avengers Super Heroes 5K or runDisney Kids Races, or any other race weekend purchases.
•Click here to defer your race registration
•Deferrals are subject to capacity limits and may close prior to the deferral deadline.
- Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon – 20%

I deferred the Glass Slipper Challenge this year. You get charged a fee and then the amount you paid this year is applied toward next year's fee. You are given a link to an Active registration page so that you can register for next year's race.

They estimate the fee for next year's race on that Active page. So I deferred the GSC, and they charged me $280. Well, when they finally released the real cost for the 2015 GSC, it was $295, so they automatically charged my credit card the additional $15.

Gotcha. OK, one more question, does the deferral guarantee entry into the next year's race? Or do you still have to do the mad dash to register on registration opening day?

It guarantees you entry. Basically it is like early registration for the next year since you had to defer.

I've been thinking of a visit to Florida, and of course it's on the weekend of the Avengers Half!

If you moved your thoughts of WDW to the weekend before, you could take part in the end of Food&Wine festival. If you did it the following weekend (after Avengers) you would miss Food&Wine, but you would also miss the Wine&Dine Half possible madness.

What I'm saying is that I wouldn't want to defer if I could still participate. :)

Already deferred, thanks guys.

And the trip I was invited to gets me a free trip to Diagon Alley, I have zero doubt that Avengers will be fine next year. If we postponed one week, it would head into the Thanksgiving madness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter