How Do I Comfort My DGF After A Really Difficult Decision?

It sounds like there may be other forces at play, so if the trip wins, have a magical time!

But if the TV role is a SAG job, the pay would be over $800 per day - definitely worth taking a later flight (assuming it is an acting job, not just background work).

The total flexibility necessary to work as a actor is insane. Crazy business!

Hope whatever decision you GF makes is the best one! :flower3:

She should take the gig and ditch the vacy. You have to be available in this business and refusing because you are going on vacy is not going to go over well with the people she auditioned for. Bad move.

I think she can go to WDW anytime but how many actresses would kill for a TV show? I think it's a no brainer.

OK guys... I really don't think you understand what's going on here. This is a small role in one episode for a big show - NOT a series regular. I reread my post and I see how I was misunderstood. Sorry. I had meant to say that I consoled her by telling her "if they liked her so much, hopefully they will call her back and give her a bigger part"... Unfortunately...we are not fortunate enough to say that $2,000 is nothing. It is a pretty huge something. It was four years of savings for us. And this job does not pay as much as one would think...

It's funny...I asked a question about consoling my girlfriend and instead got barraged with people telling me she made the wrong decision.

But see what you are missing is that they are not going to call her back. I don't care how much they liked her now. By turning down the gig, she has in essence said "I am not serious about acting." Therefor they aren't going to offer her a BIGGER part after turning down a smaller one.

No one is saying to skip the vacation, just have her come on Friday.

You don't "console" her, you tell her to take the job!

ETA after reading the entire thread. OF COURSE they want her in a future episode.

Its Disney - it will be there later. Work is work.

Easy decision - not "difficult" at all. You don't pass up an opportunity like this.

You guys are hilarious! I've had a day filled with nothing but bovine fecal matter at work and this thread is wiping away all of my stress. :goodvibes

OP, I have to say I am in agreement with everyone on this thread. You say that the situation has worked itself out, but if this is the profession that your DGF is going to choose, this will not be the first vacation to be disrupted by her work schedule. You may want to get warmed up to this lifestyle sooner rather than later, otherwise you'll have a relationship driven by resentment in the long run.

I do hope you have a good time on your trip. Safe travels.

I'm glad that it worked out however I do want to add that you can't ask a question and then be disappointed if you don't get the answers you want. It occurred to me that there might not be an easy way to console her because of the decision. It just didn't make sense.

Anyway, have a nice trip.

B) I wasn't just mad because I didn't like your opinions. It was because I asked a question that had nothing to do with whether or not she should take the job. It was about how I could make my sweet girlfriend feel better.

Well, that was the big mistake. Next time, don't ask random strangers on the internet how to treat your girlfriend. Just trust your own instincts. You're the one who knows her! :thumbsup2

OK guys... I really don't think you understand what's going on here. This is a small role in one episode for a big show - NOT a series regular. I reread my post and I see how I was misunderstood. Sorry. I had meant to say that I consoled her by telling her "if they liked her so much, hopefully they will call her back and give her a bigger part"... Unfortunately...we are not fortunate enough to say that $2,000 is nothing. It is a pretty huge something. It was four years of savings for us. And this job does not pay as much as one would think...

It's funny...I asked a question about consoling my girlfriend and instead got barraged with people telling me she made the wrong decision.

Well, actually you DID get an answer about consoling your girlfriend, you just didn't like it. The majority (if not all) of the posters said to tell her to take the job. Some even gave you ways to compromise, like having her come down a day or two later or postponing the trip.

Hey, OP here. Don't worry about it. I was right. Lots of good news just came pouring in via text just now...so situation averted.

However, when someone comes looking to you for help and you just judge them, you really have to take a look at yourself. I'm staying away from the community boards from now on.
Where else can you go, but the Community Board? Don't go to the Budget Board, they will tell you (A) if it took you years to save up two grand you have no business going on vacation! and (B) Have a great trip, and you can cook ramen noodles in your coffee pot to make up for the income she is missing out on.
So you're saying that you're proposing on this trip? ;) :ssst:

Enjoy Disney World!
Either that, or he is dumping her. Penn Gillette talks about taking girlfriends to Hawaii to break up with them. The vacation softens the blow, and he flies home and leaves her to enjoy it. :lmao:

My thought on a bit part is that doing those well builds a resume (or whatever they call it with acting.) Maybe it doesn't work that way--I have no idea about that field--but for most jobs, you make contacts and work your way up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter