How do Mears Connect and Sunshine Flyer compare lately ??

My dd and dgs-14 months, will be with us for the first four nights of our trip and then going back home. Her dh wont be coming.

I plan on taking transportation back to the airport with her and get her to security to help with baby.

Sunshine Flyer isnt like MDE is this correct meaning I can book multiple rides and as long as I pay, it doesnt matter if Im checking in or out or already have a room.

I will then take Uber or SF back to hotel.

Thank you.
Correct, you’re welcome to book Sunshine Flyer as many trips as you want.

Thinking of taking SF or Mears on upcoming trip from MCO to BWV.
We arrive on a Saturday afternoon

Couple of questions...
Do both busses have bathrooms?
For Mears, do you get a bus or a van?
How long a wait for Mears/SF?
Any thoughts on which is better?

Have read some reviews, just wondering if you have thoughts...

Thanks!

We used the Sunshine Flyer on our recent trip (Aug. 13-21). After retrieving our bags from our Southwest flight and heading over to Terminal B, finding the SF bus spot was pretty easy. There were actually four SF busses there at the same time - I guess Saturday afternoon is a popular time to show up at MCO. They divided us by hotel, and our bus had 3-4 stops/hotels altogether. Ours was the third stop.

Two days before we left, SF sent me an email for pickup time. They arrived five minutes after the stated time. We were the first hotel, and they had three additional stops. The trip was smooth. I would definitely use SF flyer again!

To answer a question above, the SF does have a bathroom on its bus.

Thinking of taking SF or Mears on upcoming trip from MCO to BWV.
We arrive on a Saturday afternoon

Couple of questions...
Do both busses have bathrooms?
For Mears, do you get a bus or a van?
How long a wait for Mears/SF?
Any thoughts on which is better?

Have read some reviews, just wondering if you have thoughts...

Thanks!
My review of Mears from MCO is above. I won’t repeat the saga. Hours and hours. Midday. Not good. It was a bus.

Return to MCO was early 5:15 AM and was surprisingly efficient. A passenger van, full by the end of 3 stops. But made good time so was actually much better than my trip in.

Have gotten both buses and vans for Mears. Buses more often than vans.

I have booked them again because last time they allowed me to change buses back to MCO after my flight was cancelled and rescheduled at the last minute before I was supposed to board the bus.

So of the Trip Advisor reviews are poor it would seem due to entitlement. I just read one that included where they were upset because they left a bag in the seat and there was no way to get a hold of the bus driver to have them turn around. This was after they already complained that they were off schedule because of paying for Express service and the bus driver did turn around for them to drop them off first. It was great at the best driver to turn around if that is what express service is that they offer. But to get upset over leaving your own bag expecting them to wait on you is a problem.

All this being said, Last week when using mirrors we were on a van. The driver was great the other passengers were not. But they would not move items that they brought on the van with them to give other people room to sit. In a van for 12 there were 8 of us. I had to share a seat surface for one with my daughter.

We used Mears round trip on August 16th and 25th. The 16th was around 6:00pm and we walked right onto the bus and it left about 5 minutes later. We were at Pop and were the first stop. Return trip- pickup was at 9:35am and I was able to track the driver with the link they sent. He was exactly on time. Several families on the bus already. We loaded and left for the airport. Employees were very friendly. I would use them again.

We were on the Sunshine Flyer this morning for a return to MCO with no issues. Our flight was at 7:15. They scheduled us for 3:45 pickup at AKL. Bus was there at 3:30 and we boarded right away. We were the first with additional stops at All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century and Swan. Got to airport with plenty of time.

Sunshine return trip update: we were assigned a 6:35 pick up for a 10am flight. Bus arrived 2 minutes early and loaded quickly, there were several other folks on board so we definitely weren't the first pick up. From Boardwalk we made one additional stop at Swan before hitting the road.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Sunshine for future travelers. The biggest downside by far is the early pick up, but that's true of any shared airport ride service.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced ME replacement, Sunshine is a great option. If you don't want to be at the airport too early, rideshare or private transfers are the way to go.

We used SF this trip. Waiting outside with no queue is at least shaded. I thought they did a good job handling the crowd. I think they are short on buses. The trip to the resort from waiting to board to drop off was about 75 minutes. Stops were RR, CBR, maybe something here, Music then AKL. At least the resorts were in the same general vicinity. The return trip was a little more nerve wracking. I was trying to be proactive. I got an email and text that they needed flight information 48 hours from departure. I picked a pick up time, I thought flight information was optional. I emailed and called them with that information. After a few phone calls, the agents were pleasant, I finally got a text with a pick up time. It was about 27 hours from my departure time. I was getting nervous no sign of a bus for 4:35 pick up. Two other parties showed up for a 4:45 bus. The bus was there right at 4:35. He asked my name and I was the party he was picking up. The other parties could not board early. We had one more stop after us. When their informational video starts you know you're on the way to the airport. Evening traffic slowed us down. We made it to the airport, but not as early as we like. We saw one of the parties from the 4:45 bus arrive at the same time we did. I'll probably book them again, but I'll add my flight information, not just a time window. I may also fudge my actual flight. That way I arrive early, the way I like it. One of the 4:45 parties said her travel agent always books SF for her clients.

We used SF this trip. Waiting outside with no queue is at least shaded. I thought they did a good job handling the crowd. I think they are short on buses. The trip to the resort from waiting to board to drop off was about 75 minutes. Stops were RR, CBR, maybe something here, Music then AKL. At least the resorts were in the same general vicinity. The return trip was a little more nerve wracking. I was trying to be proactive. I got an email and text that they needed flight information 48 hours from departure. I picked a pick up time, I thought flight information was optional. I emailed and called them with that information. After a few phone calls, the agents were pleasant, I finally got a text with a pick up time. It was about 27 hours from my departure time. I was getting nervous no sign of a bus for 4:35 pick up. Two other parties showed up for a 4:45 bus. The bus was there right at 4:35. He asked my name and I was the party he was picking up. The other parties could not board early. We had one more stop after us. When their informational video starts you know you're on the way to the airport. Evening traffic slowed us down. We made it to the airport, but not as early as we like. We saw one of the parties from the 4:45 bus arrive at the same time we did. I'll probably book them again, but I'll add my flight information, not just a time window. I may also fudge my actual flight. That way I arrive early, the way I like it. One of the 4:45 parties said her travel agent always books SF for her clients.

They routinely have return trip to the airport scheduled 3 1/2 hours before your flight which normally is plenty of time.

We had a 7:10 flight with a 4:35 pick up time. We were not international. Got to the airport at 5:30, rush hour traffic. Boarding was at 6:40. If TSA was an hour wait, you would be one of those people running to your gate. That's not our MO.

We had a 7:10 flight with a 4:35 pick up time. We were not international. Got to the airport at 5:30, rush hour traffic. Boarding was at 6:40. If TSA was an hour wait, you would be one of those people running to your gate. That's not our MO.

That is the first I had heard of that short of a time between pickup and flight. I would have preferred a later pickup time because we have precheck but I also don’t want to be late for our flight so I don’t mind being really early. I was hoping for 3 hr instead of 3 1/2 but it is what it is. At least I didn’t have to worry

Anyone use Sunshine Flyer while staying at the Poly? I'm assuming they group magic kingdom resorts together and was wondering what stop Poly would be? I know this is all subject to who is booked that day and where they are staying, but I would think there is a bit of a pattern...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter