How do you carry your itinerary with you around the parks?

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
I'm just curious what others do as far as referring to their itinerary throughout their trip. Do you have a digital version on your phone? Do you print out a hard copy and carry around with you? If you have a hard copy, what size is it and how do you keep it from getting worn/ripped from constantly referring to it? I have a couple ideas of what I might do, but I'm interested in hearing/seeing what others do. Feel free to post pics if you have any!

ETA: Personally, I am a very visual and tactile person so I like the idea of having a physical itinerary to refer to. I'm a graphic designer so it's fun for me to create a cool layout and have it laid out exactly how I want to. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do that. I want to be able to have enough room for notes here and there throughout the days, so it can't be too small. I might get a little half size notebook of some sort to add pages and keep in my backpack. Not really sure if what I'm imagining even exists!

Last edited:
I just make sure I have a print out in my bag of my ADR's in case the system is down or there's some discrepancy.

I had a print-out in my bag (just a standard letter size piece of paper with notes, FP and ADR times), but honestly I had looked at it so many times before we left that I never even needed it. :)

I just use the MDE App on my phone but I take screen shots of ADR confirmation numbers and FP times as a back up in case the App isn't working. Anything else I might need I would keep in my Notes on my phone.

This. This is exactly what we do. The app is pretty awesome. And all non Disney things we do are kept in a notepad document in our phone.

I keep it on my phone now, but I used to print each day out on paper the size of a credit card and I laminated it with packing tape. They fit perfectly in my wallet.

This is exactly what I still do, though I print all days on one card, 3 days per side, and it will fold out if necessary. I put a little card stock in there too to firm it up. I may have to start going larger as my old eyes have to work at it these days!

I’m slightly obsessive about plotting my entire trip out on an excel sheet. It is color coded with all of my FP+ listed, touring plan, dining ADRs, confirmation numbers, park hours, and approximate budget for the trip. I print this out on half of a piece of paper, fold it, and laminate it to carry around with me. That way I can disconnect from my phone and know everything I need to at a glance quickly (the color coding really helps).

I have a color coded excel spreadsheet with all days reflected - park hours, FP+, ADR, Parades, etc. for planning purposes. I then use a 3X5 index card for each day to carry with me detailing the FP+ & ADR.

I type park hours, FP's, and ADR's (time and number) for each day on a piece of paper. I then fold the paper so that only each day is visible. I have a hard time with just using the app as I have an old Iphone which takes awhile to load. Also it's annoying that I have to sign into the app every time I want to see my plans.

I print out the itinerary from MDE that lists all of the ADRs and Fastpasses and notes you can add which breaks it down by day. I keep it in a folder in the backpack we carry.

I plan it out 6 months in advance. Yes, even ride order and fastpass times. Then I obsess over it daily for 179 days. I pretty much have it memorized after that.

My partner and our Daughters have stopped talking to me because I have become obsessive over the plans that I have made for our trip in Sept/Oct this year. I literally have nobody in my familial or social circles that want to hear another interesting fact about my plan to WDW :) it's pretty much what brought me to the Dis Boards hahaha

I have six different plans that I have put together on the computer. not different plans, but EXACTLY THE SAME plans just with slightly different formatting. I think I may need some sort of emotional help once our time at WDW is over this year haha

"Itinerary"?
I mean really?
I can recall what 3 FP+ selections and times I have and an ADR time and place.
I can also refer to my phone if I need reassurance.
The rest of my day consists mostly of "at RD we're going to hit up these attractions", "After lunch we're going to this section", "We're going to the 1pm BATB show"....
Really nothing I need a minute by minute spread sheet for.
There is such a thing as over planning because if you get off track your whole day is off.
If you have a lose plan then its easy to adjust if someone is say getting too hot and needs a snack or if someone suddenly has tummy troubles.

I am in the MDE screenshot camp! I take a picture of each days FP+ and ADR's then I can access without using data or MDE.

I have six different plans that I have put together on the computer. not different plans, but EXACTLY THE SAME plans just with slightly different formatting. I think I may need some sort of emotional help once our time at WDW is over this year haha

I love this! I am the same way!!

I think the reason that I have made so many is the fact that we booked our dining, which got my Disney passions flaring, but as we are currently 148 days out, there's not much else that we can do to "plan" so I have fun coming up with new ways to put these on paper.

I totally agree with the loose plans though. All I include on my paper plans are where we're dining and what fast passes we have booked. After our three initial fast passes have been used, we wing it for the rest of the fast passes as they come up. we also have young kids (5 and 7) and they don't always have the ability to follow plans and as we are from Scotland, the Floridian sun takes it's toll so a nap can be needed for the girls as well as Mum and Dad.

I just have as lot of fun putting the plans together

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter