How do you Display your pin collections?

nesser1981

DIS Veteran
Sorry, if this isn’t the correct place for this post.

I’m trying to come up with a nice way to display my kids pins they got on our trip last month. They don’t have a large collection, just a few, but I’m hoping this will be a life long tradition. I’d love to see you Ideas and suggestions.

Link me up if you have specific things in mind I could purchase.

My kids put their pins on their bulletin boards. They stay beautifully and we store the black backings in a separate little container. Then, when we pack up our pin lanyards for our next trips, they choose which ones they're willing to trade, pin them back onto their lanyards, and off we go!

I follow a girl on YouTube (DisneyKittee) who has them displayed on cork noticeboards. Nothing new here, except that she changes the noticeboard once a month to showcase a new theme, which I find really inventive. For example, her most recent one is St Patrick's Day themed. I like the idea of switching things up once in a while. A noticeboard can get boring.

Last year Target sold small cork boards in different shapes, I bought 2 heart ones for me and my daughter. They are hanging in our rooms. We don’t have huge collections, we have a small amount of our favorites.

Last edited:

So I have the Convertible Fast Travel Bag of Holding by ThinkGeek that I use as my personal item when I travel (it fits under the seat on airplanes). It has a soft side on the front that is perfect for pins, patches, etc. and I've put all of my pins on that. I use the locking backs so that they do not fall off when I am traveling but that way I get to see them all the time!

kiih_deluxe_convrtble_con_bag_holding.jpg

Same cork idea, but if they have smaller collections ... I purchased inexpensive picture frames, removed the glass, and added my own cork. My DDs have a shelf of those, two large wall corkboards, and two mirror frames I got at IKEA and also replaced with cork .... this is getting out-of-hand. :rotfl2:

I've used cork boards and lanyards, but I'm about to start displaying them on a denim jacket. Even if I don't wear it, it's a nice way to display them. I've had my cork boards tip over a few times and scatter my pins.

Thanks everyone! I ordered some small cork boards to get them started. I'm sure they'll need bigger ones some day.

I like to display my Disney pins on theme based corkboards where Etsy has been a great source for finding or having custom made corkboards like the three hitchhiking ghosts (Phineas, Ezra and Gus) for displaying my Haunted Mansion pins. When I get enough postings, I will start sharing pictures of my Disney pins on corkboards. Does anyone else have them displayed on theme based corkboards?

I don't have that many, maybe a dozen and I have them on my Toy Story lanyard that I wear to and from work that has my security badge on it for getting into work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter